Mp36 Start-up Sound Bug

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by stujoy, Mar 24, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This affects all Peninsular Corridor DLC if you own the Baby Bullet DLC (on PS4 at least), you do not need to be using the MP36 at the time.

Whenever you are within any fairly close range of an MP36 when it is due to start a journey, the HEP start-up sound plays incredibly loudly (as if you were in the locomotive).

“Fairly close” in this instance is anywhere where you might be able to see an MP36, which could be a hundred yards away or more. The sound just plays at full blast.

I’ve had this make me jump when playing with the MP15 in the yard and while trainspotting (about a hundred yards from the nearest MP36 locomotive) outside SF station, it really is that loud.

It’s spoiling my enjoyment of the route.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

You could try giving the Baby Bullet a rubber teat - with some formulated milk. Also known as a pacifier...? That should keep it quiet until it gets really hungry.... or until it spills a load of diesel all over itself.

Or - you could play it "The Carpenters: Greatest Hits" - that tends to shock/charm nearly every Baby into a catatonic stupor.... for at least a couple of hours. But........ you'll have Karen Carpenter in the background for 84 minutes and 37 seconds. You'll have to choose the best of two evils... I guess.

3. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

I have the same issue, except your not hearing the engine fire, its the HEP Generator. Scares the LOVE out of me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ah yes of course, the HEP Generator, that makes much more sense as the engines would already be running. I’ll edit the above to reflect this.