PC Random Right Mouse Click To Move The View

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VION, Mar 28, 2020.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hello, I find that there are some weird methods for using mouse clicks. Normally Windows performs the action when the right or left button of the mouse is in the relaxed position. In the game it is a bit annoying because the action of the right button is performed when the right button is in the pressed position and not released which often causes imprecise actions in relation to the bounces of the mouse switches. I would like the right button function of the mouse to be effective when you release the right button to have less random conficts when you make a right click of the mouse. I don't know what you think, but even by setting in the Windows mouse settings different click speeds, in the game I always have the same problem when I want to orient the view using the right click of the mouse; the cursor that turns into a point is effective only randomly by making one or two more clicks with the right button and I'm not saying a double click.

2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I don't get it, sorry. Right-click switches from look to interact ... why are you double-clicking?

3. VION

VION Active Member

Hello, no I do not double click but when I make a right click, the game sometimes interprets it as a double click due certainly to the bounce of the switch that sends two electrical signals instead of one which gives the result that the action in the game is interpreted as null and void, therefore does not do the action requested of him; I do not know if I am well understood because the mechanical switches have this peculiarity to send an electrical signal that is disturbed by the rebound of the mechanical system and therefore interpreted by the machine, the PC, as a double action which cancels the result initially wanted. So as I have a Logitech G502 mouse with mechanical switches, I ordered the RAZER Balistik V2 which it is built with optical switches; obviously there is always a mechanical system with the buttons but the electrical signal sent is optical without this adverse effect of rebounding the electrical signal.
    PS: Translated from french with Bing Translator

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Much ado about very little? Your avatar, however, seems happy with this discussion about mice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Two cats talking about mice hehe

Got a Razor (DeathAdder) myself, beautiful smooth click feeling, Basilisk got good reviews, too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VION

VION Active Member

Ok after seeing and reading some good tests on this mouse, and since I'm having my problem also on other games, I'll acquire this model; I don't like wireless models so I stopped on the Balistik V2.

Yes you are right but when we encounter small problems we like to have the opinion of others.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Have you considered a vertical mouse? They're easier on the wrist and I've found mine, from Anker, easier to move around.

8. VION

VION Active Member

Yes but I wish to have some extra buttons to map keys keyboard press for others game too. Sorry but I received my purchased RAZER Balistik and the result is best as my precedent Logitech G502; no more glitches with bouncing signals electrical contact and all is fine now. I can consider my problem is solved. Now I can enjoy TSW and the switch to get the view orientation control without any more random action using the right mouse button. Thank you for your interest but my experience could serve to others who encounter the same anomaly.
    No doubt a vertical form of mouse is the best but I don't know if such mice type are actually build with extra buttons. Mine has 11 programmable buttons so it is enough for my use.
    Cheers
    Gerard