New Versions Tsw Starters Guide And Tswtools

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Rudolf, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hi all.

I updated the TSW Starters Guide for TSW2020, including Mastery and all new DLC, except the Peninsula Corridor shunter.
    I also create three Route Guides:

Sandpatch, GWE and RT. The contents comes partly from the older version of the Starters Guide, but there also is a lot of new content in them.
    I will continue working at it. The next Route Guide will be West Somerset Railway.

At steam I created a Community Guide, so you can find there as well what this all is about:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2014934542
    This guide does NOT contain the content, but it just gives an overview. The sole download location is not changed and will not change:

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hollywoodjack

hollywoodjack New Member

I can't get your tools to work, I have several errors and always crash...I attach the locations log of only some crash and screen

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a known issue. There is a bug in the software, which makes that you cannot use a directory path that contains spaces. I need to fix that. Second, it probably is not a very good idea to store the data in the programs folder. I think it should help if you install it e.g. in a folder called "C:\TSWTools" Make sure to select datafolder also to a path without spaces.

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I (finally) solved the issue where you cannot find files, because you use a a filepath that contains spaces. Also there is a fix in the settings page and I added the cab sway setting.

Download the update here: https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator

The update includes version 2.0 of the TSW Starters Guide

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

There is an update for the TSW Starters Guide. It covers the recent new routes and rolling stock and it is unavoidable to say something on TSW2. You can download the new version here:

https://www.hollnadhiking.nl/trainsimulator.

As soon as TSW2 is available I will continue to work on TSWTools.again.I have some updates in mind, especially the screenshot manager needs some improvements. Also I will see if I can support both TSW020 and TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

I finally got the core and my DLC unpacked, i only really want to check out the keybindings and see if there's any i don't know of that may be usefull.

But i keep getting the error :

"Error Cannot open Input mapper file. Did you unpack the core game? C:\TSWTools\Unpack\TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor.pak\TS2Prototype\Config\DefaultInput.ini"

i have unpacked the core game, but all i have in the 'Config' folder is a 'Windows' folder, with just 'WindowsGame' in it (which seems to be configuration settings for the tutorials and achievments... something i'd love to turn off in the game)

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

No idea what is going on here. I think you tried the correct procedure to show it. Maybe forget about this function, it is not very relevant. Key bindings appear to be stored in the profile .sav file. Some day I hope to extract them from there and provide you with better information.

If you look for key bindings, you probably are better of by just using the the TSW2 Starters Guide (you can access it form ToolkitForTSW) I do not think I missed a lot there.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I found the bug. Sorry for that. It will be fixed in version 1.2 of ToolkitForTSW, which should arrive on short notice. I finished development and I am updating the docs right now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

cool,
    i wanted to look at hte keybindings in the hope there may be some i don't know about,

but i am realising that a lot of switches in cabs are simply only usable by mouse, which is a shame as i am making a controller that i'd love to have all the switches operate the ones in the train. mind atm we can only get levers working with a work around for the raildriver with an arduino.