No Bleep On Approaching Signal.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by batezy, Mar 30, 2020.

1. batezy

batezy New Member

Hi,

I have noticed on YouTube videos of the PC version that there is a bleep when approaching a signal. I don't have this on PS4 and considering its meant to be a simulation if things are missing it bugs me because it's not a true simulation. Any ideas? The train I'm in at the moment is the Class 43 GWR I think and driving the 1W41 London Paddington to Didcot Parkway.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Have u turned the AWS on?

3. batezy

batezy New Member

Don't know, good question.... I'll have a look

4. batezy

batezy New Member

I've had a good look in the cab and can't find it, I'll have to Google it

5. batezy

batezy New Member

Sorted it... Many thanks :) some tips below for any noobs like me...

https://train-sim-world.fandom.com/wiki/Driving_the_BR_Class_43
    Driving the BR Class 43
    Welcome to this tutorial on driving the BR Class 43 (HST) featured in the Great Western Express dlc. Any questions about this tutorial can be asked in the comments section at the bottom of the page.

Driving the Locomotive

The Class 43 was the very first Diesel High Speed Train to service the GWML as well as many other main lines in the UK, the cab is very straightforward with this design, even to go at high speeds in comfort. The left of the desk are the Train and Emergency Brakes, Windscreen De-icer, "Spare" Button, Train Supply Brake and the Headlight Switch. The panel on the left contains a TPWS Brake Override, Wipers, Train Supply Button, Parking Brakes, LED Test and the DRA Button, as well as a Train Brake Dial close to the middle. To the right on the desk, there's a Regulator with a Master key on top, the Throttle, Horn, and the AWS Reset Button. On the panel to the left has buttons section that are the Engine Start, Engine Stop, Drivers Buzzer, Gauge Dimmer, and Brake Test. While the Dial on the right shows the AMP output it uses. the front panel of the cab shows both the Speedometer and the AWS warning display and on top of the front window has a blind. Next to the doors on either side, has a cab light switch for one side of the cab itself. The back isn't much but has an Engine Room Lightswitch, which is useless as the player can't go into the engine room. On the secondman's desk, right next to you, has only the Climate Control and a Fan Speed knob. To the far right panel of the cab, contains both DSD and AWS Isolators to add safety to your train.

Starting the Locomotive

1. Enter the leading cab

2. Insert the Master Key on the Reverser and then move it to the Engine Off position

3. Move the Train Brake lever to the Full Service position

4. If the Parking Brake is applied, press the button to release it

5. Press the Engine Start button to start both the engines in the forward and rear power cars. Both engines are interlinked and will start when the button is used in either cab.

6. The train starts with all safety systems disabled, to activate them, locate the controls at the secondman’s position on the control desk. The train is fitted with Automatic Warning System (AWS), Train Protection and Warning System (TPWS), Driver Vigilance Device (DSD) and Driver Reminder Appliance (DRA) systems. The relevant controls will therefore become enabled upon activating the system.

7. On enabling the AWS system, this will also enable the TPWS system as both systems are integrated. A self-test will commence and you will need to acknowledge the alert to proceed. Press the Q key on your keyboard to do so.

8. On enabling the DSD system, you will hear an alert periodically that you will need to acknowledge using the Q key. If you do not react quickly enough, the train will commence an emergency brake application.

9. If the DRA is enabled, press the button to deactivate the system. The DRA system, when activated, will disable the throttle control, you will not be able to apply power until the system has been deactivated.

10. Enable the Electric Train Supply by pressing, and holding, the appropriate button. Once the system is active, the ETS Supply indicator will illuminate.

11. If you wish, you can adjust the Gauge Illumination by using the Gauge Dimmer control.

12. Set your headlights to the correct running mode, Day during daylight hours from 8am until 8pm; Night during twilight and evening hours from 8pm to 8am or where it is necessary to improve visibility for users of the railway and trackside signage.

13. Ensure all cab doors are closed.

14. Ensure all passenger saloon doors are closed. Door controls for each side of the train can be controlled independently. You can interact with the door system by using the TAB key on your keyboard and selecting the appropriate option. If the doors are open, a relevant option for you to close and lock the doors will be available. Important Safety Notice: Care should be taken to ensure the correct doors are unlocked, only unlock doors that are adjacent to a platform. For reference, the left side relates to the left side when facing the direction of travel. The BR Class 43 does not have a traction interlock with the Central Door Locking (CDL) mechanism, this means you can apply power regardless of the passenger door situation. You should check the doors are closed and locked (check for the orange CDL lights on the coach body sides) before commencing your departure from a platform.

15. To move your train, simply move the reverser to the forward position, deactivate the DRA system (if enabled), release the brake noting the brake pressure acting on the bogies (centre brake gauge). On reaching 1 bar, move the power controller to notch 1. As the train begins to move, you can then select any other power notch, ensuring you do not exceed the Maximum Permitted Speed.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. batezy

batezy New Member

Sorry Jason, new question. On the PS4 how do I stop the emergency brakes coming on when the AWS is on? Many thanks

7. batezy

batezy New Member

Done it, it's circle.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

If you’re curious to know, in real life that is not where the AWS/TPWS isolation switch is located. It is on the brake frame in the clean air compartment but you’re unable to walk through the power car (clean air compartment, engine room and luggage compartment) so they’re just decided to put the AWS/TPWS switch in the cab.

• Like Like x 1