Whistle & Gronk Throttle Problem

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rage607, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Rage607

Rage607 Member

Hello there,
    I bought the BR heavy freight pack and am very disappointed.
    The short Class 08 was ok but I have problems with the whistle & gronk scenario.
    I restarted the scenario, game and console several times.
    The throttle of the Class 40 seems to be bugged or something.
    Sometimes it doesn't work work when I enter the whistle and sometimes it stops working when I set the throttle to off.
    Off course the brake is lose and everything.
    I also made a save while stopping at a red light, throttle on, and brake set.
    When I lose the brake, the amps go crazy, but I manage to accelerate.
    Then I can set the throttle to any number but it won't make a difference.
    What it's going on.
    I know that I am not an expert and sometimes use throttle and brake in the wrong way, but too often they are just broken in many scenarios. But then at least a restart fixes it.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my English

2. Rage607

Rage607 Member

Ok. Actually it is not the throttle that is broken but the master key (I hope that's what it's called). It was off but I could still accelerate, which caused the problem.
    But that's mainly my fault. I was using it in a way that was not intended.

3. Rage607

Rage607 Member

I restarted the whole scenario and made absolutely sure, that the master key is on.

I still cannot use the throttle nor the direction changer.

4. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

I’ve got the same problem. It’s ok when I play the whole scenario in one go. But whenever I save a game and then load it, I am unable to use the throttle. I was extremely lucky that I was only a few miles away from Manchester Victoria which is a downhill gradient so I coasted all the way into the station (happens in real life as well occasionally!). I tried everything including resetting the cab controls but I couldn’t get any amps registered on the ammeter.

I’m sure it is a bug. Putting my train driver hat on and getting more technical, when I mean the power controller (throttle) doesn’t work, it actually does work because you can clearly hear engine speed increase as expected. But power is not being registered on the ammeter which means that the power is not being delivered from the alternator to the traction motors. I don’t know much Class 45s so I can’t comment further but that is bizarre and I’m very sure it is a bug when saving and reloading a game.

Edit: Had a brief look at the Class 45 traction manual and all possible faults listed with regard to the above problem. Most of them involve air (or rather the lack thereof) such as no brake pipe pressure, main reservoir (compressor not working), etc... in which case, the engine speed should remain at idle. The only thing I can think of is generator field tripped or something.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  5. Rage607

Rage607 Member

I do have the same problem with other trains, too.
    Sometimes it's because I left the seat or saved or something.
    It really seems to be bug.

6. DaveDavies

DaveDavies New Member

Yep...same problem! Class 40 stationary just outside Batley Station.
    Throttle and Reverser both ‘stuck’ and not reacting to controller inputs.

7. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I done this scenerio yesterday, and never had a single issue with it, ive seen a few posts about being held at batley station because there is a passenger service a head of you, i searched the map after getting into the class 40, so i decided to do the whole scenerio at around 25-35 mph, or at least untill i knew i couldnt catch the 101 ahead of me