Cumberland Charge Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ChopperGunnerNL, Apr 1, 2020.

1. ChopperGunnerNL

ChopperGunnerNL New Member

So I'm having some trouble with the Cumberland Charge scenario.
    Before you enter Cumberland Terminal, you're asking permission to proceed to the terminal and the permission is given. However, there is a red light blocking my way and no matter how long I wait it won't turn green.

I restarted the game multiple times, tried setting al the switches correctly and waited at least 15 minutes for a green light but nothing happened, in other words, I'm stuck.

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do? Or is it a bug in the mission?

I'd rather not redo the entire scenario because it takes quite some time to complete, and I'm not even guaranteed that I can even complete it without problems.

• Like Like x 1
  2. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

After you contact the signaller or signal-man, or dispatcher (I forget what the game calls it), and the game says "proceed at restricted speed" you have permission to proceed beyond the red signal.

-Dean

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChopperGunnerNL

Yeah well that's the problem, contacting the dispatcher doesn't do anything at all. Not even a message or something. Tried spamming it for minutes but nothing.

4. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Interesting,

Well I'd just run the signal and see what happens. No sense in waiting around forever.

-Dean

5. ChopperGunnerNL

Like I said, contacting the signaller doesn't do anything. Normally it would say "Proceed at limited speed" or "No route available" but that message doesn't pop up for me. This clearly seems like a bug to me.

6. john.ssr

john.ssr New Member

same issue here! waited like 20 minutes, and nothing ! same issue, contacting the signaller does nothing !

Attached Files:

7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Have you checked the 2d map to ensure that the switches ahead of you are aligned correctly, this will cause this issue as well

8. ChopperGunnerNL

I think I have done this a million times. Still doesn't do anything. Also the game doesn't really say anything about setting the switches correctly.

9. Clarence Over

Clarence Over New Member

I'm having the same problem. Permission is given by radio to proceed into the yard. But the red does not change. Run past it and the scenario (a very long one where I spent forever 'riding' the dynamic brake all the way from the other end of the line) fails you! If you look at the lines into Cumberland the stopping/passing point prior to entering the yard is on a track it's not possible to get access too. Further, all lines south are red lights and there is no train in any relevant block.
    Changing points (switches) does nothing, unlike a previous scenario when a run out of the yard northbound leads to a red light unless you set switches prior to leaving the yard. This must be a bug!

10. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Yep same here...... Sat at the red signal for around 10-15 minutes without anything changing. Radio messages go through saying to proceed into the yard but the signal doesn't change from red. Hitting tab also does nothing. Go past the signal and it ends the session.

2 hours of time i'll never get back. :(:(:(

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChopperGunnerNL

Update: Dovetail is now aware of the issue and will look into it.
    A patch will be released once they know what causes the bug.

I reported the bug earlier to them and this was their respond.

• Like Like x 3
  12. cpeter

cpeter New Member

I'm stuck at same red light not changing anytime soon. Glad to see bug report has been sent.

13. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Also reported it about a month ago now and they've not even acknowledged my ticket :(

14. Glazier

Glazier Member

Same here. stuck at red signal on the entrance :(.

15. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I played the scenario a long time ago and then I completed it. I now played again and can confirm the issue you are reporting.. A clear bug. I do not have any expectations that this will be solved in TSW. We probably need to wait for TSW2, play it and report a new bug.

16. nksower

nksower New Member

I ran this scenario yesterday and the same thing happened. I got stuck at the red light the end and kept failing the scenario. To make matters worse, I live streamed it too... :(

17. canche1234

canche1234 New Member

Same here. Please fix this bug!

18. ChopperGunnerNL

I've had contact with Dovetail Games support today and unfortunately it looks like they will be abandoning TSW2020 and move on to TSW2. But since we won't get a free upgrade like usual, it looks like we're stuck with this issue and it will probably never be fixed.

19. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

*IF* you are heading to a dead end track or a track without signals, or even a switch facing the wrong way that you take reversed (two tracks merge into one) the contact dispatcher function won't say nothing. I'd suggest saving the scenario and triyn to pass the signal. If it fails, you can re-load the scenario from where you saved it

20. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Are you on the correct track?

21. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Yes, then you go through all the engineer telling you what to do, that you need to contact the dispatcher for clearance to proceed, so you do all that and nothing, signal sits at red. If you pass it, it end games you for SPAD.

Only solution I was given was to try it again. Two hours at 25mph all over again to not be certain it won't fail again a mile from completion.

No thanks!

22. ChopperGunnerNL

Like some other have said in this thread, passing the signal just ends the game and reloads the latest checkpoint in the scenario, then same thing happens.

23. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

Hi, just to confirm this is still an issue in TSW2. Passing red light fails scenario; switching stuff makes no difference.
    If DTG aren't supporting TSM2020 any more, at least they can reopen this bug for the new game.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Trevor604

Trevor604 New Member

TSW2 on PC. Wish I had known before arriving at this red light. That's 2hrs of driving wasted :mad:.
    [mind it was still fun, just didn't get the achievement].
    ----------
    Update:
    I have had another go from the beginning and completed it. There wasn't even a second red light. Did notice the map route highlight in light blue was different. Find this all very strange.
    There were two main differences [that I know of]:
    1 - First time around I had saved the game and came back later. Second time all in one go.
    2 - First time I also had already used the tab key to try and pass a different red light [not needed]. Second time there wasn't a red light after getting permission to enter yard.

Seems like luck might be required.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  25. shackcat

shackcat New Member

Yep, I just hit the last red light as well, really disappointing how buggy all the Sand Patch scenarios have been so far. I will replay this scenario again as I really enjoyed but am wondering if it is worth raising Technical reports as there seems to be no feedback from Dovetail.

Bug: At the beginning of the scenario the player is instructed to set the Cutout valve to Freight, player does so, game does not acknowledge this. [Can be ignored and scenario carrys on]
    20200828142550_1.jpg

Once player has reached the consist and is ready for return trip, player is instructed to 'Release the Brakes and increase the Throttle', the trigger '6yd' moves with the Loco continusly. [Yes, I did go through the red light of the first attempt trying to follow the instruction]
    20200828142550_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  26. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

27. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

I'm not positive I'm thinking of the right scenario but if it is, I had this happen and I went through because on the hud it showed green but the actual signal was red and it let me proceed.

28. ChopperGunnerNL

So I completed the scenario yesterday.
    Apparently you have to complete the scenario without saving mid-game and without checkpoint reloads. So If you accidently pass a red light and the checkpoint reloads, you'll probably have to redo the scenario.

29. truckerlecomte

truckerlecomte New Member

mine was doing the same thing.. I hit tab n no route available, so I ran the red n failed.. I loaded last check point.. I walked up to the switch and it switched.. walked back to look at signal and it was yellow over red.. I started driving, maybe 2 mins into it the conductor replied to dispatch and said release brake.. I bailed off while I was crawling up the hill.. I completed the scenario!

30. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Any tips for getting up to Sandpatch. All my locos are set up correct however 1.9miles from Sandpatch on full throttle I just grind to a halt. I then have tried starting with sand, light throttle etc and I cannot break traction to move it forward again. I have run to back of train and all the break valves are correct and cut out where needed. Banking is also on in first logo

31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which service, and with what traction? Certain heavy trains just can't make it up with SD40s- you need AC4400s.

32. chieflongshin

Its the "Cumberland Charge" scenario. I've enclosed a quick video before. Ran it with sand on too and it just loses all momentum and then won't start. I've sat and held it on notch 5 and 6 too when It's stopped to see if it would take the strain and get rolling again.

TrainSim-Matt is there anything odd or anything I should do different on this one?

Thank you

33. solicitr

Your banking MU at the back don't seem to be pushing (they aren't belching smoke, either, a good sign they're doing no work). There's no way two GP38s can drag that train up the hill without help: that's 4000 horsepower trying to haul 7000 tons of weight, and you are getting the predictable result. OTOH, add in the two SD40s, that's 10000 ponies which is enough.

You missed something in your DPU setup.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  34. chieflongshin

Rear locos are as per the scenario.

loco 1 is freight and lead.
    Loco 2 cut out and trail
    Loco 3 is freight and lead
    Loco 4 is cut out and trail.

brakes aren’t grabbing so not sure it’s a set up issue and the banking switch in loco 1 is on.

I do wonder if I need to disable radio switch in loco 3 however with it being a scenario it normally gives all the nuances needed unlike service mode. Appreciate your help

35. solicitr

The radio/HOTD breaker MUST be on in Locos 1 and 3. Otherwise, you have no radio communication and no way to direct the banking pair.. Banking comms should be on in Loco 1, only, and that switch should be the last thing you set.

Ah- try this: in Loco 3, set the brake valves to Cut Out and Trail 26. I know the scenario says otherwise, just try it.

36. solicitr

Just ran that portion again: no problems.

Mind you, you can't hold line speed with that consist- that would take maybe 14k horsepower. But you should be able to hold 22 on the 0.8% grade, and 17-18 when it gets a bit steeper.

This is a shot of the helper lead engine's cab in motion, showing that it's developing amps:
    [​IMG]

And here they are, pushing hard and blowing smoke:
    [​IMG]

I made a very crude video of the setup- but I can't edit it, so you'll get all the fumbling.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1