Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Trim

Trim Active Member

I want a 25! For NTP:
    [​IMG]
    Can we have Miles Platting signalbox too while you are at it?
    This picture is from 1986 - rather late for class 25s but very good for the NTP time period.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

That leading 25 looks like the old unofficially named one 'Tamworth Castle'

• Like Like x 2
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well I am pretty certain we don't all want the same routes or set in the same era! So whatever they release some people are going to be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes please. I think the 25's lasted till 1987, the 25/9 were supposed to be extended life ones for the civil engineers department if I recall but ended up getting withdrawn at the same time as the last of the others.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

DTG's best bet for a next route would be something long, picturesque but with minimal track-side assets or at least minimal unique assets. TSW needs a UK route that will grandstand the better graphics in their newer platform, one that's long enough to diminish the debate over their propensity towards shorter routes, goes between two interesting and historic destinations and has good potential for extension at either end to bring the development costs down in the long term.

Inverness to Perth would make the most sense along with Settle to Carlisle, WCML (any portion north of Preston) or one of the highland routes. Then they can get to work on a shorter high-frequency, UK, OHL commuter route....pretty please.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking the next UK route could be Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness, as its a line never featured in Train Simulator classic, or we could get an extension, the team are now working from home.

So I suppose those office hours mean that there’s valuable time now to focus properly on it. I don’t know, id love to know what you guys think. I do try to check in on this thread but since we’re all at home. I find I am doing more gaming than ever before.

Or a route we could possibly have would be Marylebone to High Wycombe, with the Class 168 / 170. Possibly.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Fenchurch St to Shoeburyness would be great and would fit with the route splits into two that has occurred in the recent German DLC. If they actually allow people to access the docks at Tilbury, and the defence site at Shoeburyness, instead of just modelling the track and blocking it, then freight ops can be managed as well...

• Like Like x 5
  8. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I think the class 89 and HRR although HRR seems to be okay. DTG can do better

• Like Like x 2
  9. jursly

jursly Member

?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

It’s a April fools joke.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Not necessarily.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mrchuck

Someone also wrote that they were extending the Lirr Route 6 miles I thought that’s a April fools joke.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Wouldnt have thought so given the clamour for a shunter.

• Like Like x 3
  14. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

German diesel time!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Matt confirmed on discord that Rivet Games will be the first third-party producer of a TSW DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  16. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

technically rivet did Rapid Transit

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Not all of it. They mostly did asset creation. This will be a solely Rivet product.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Hopefully its a new route together with a German diesel... And we finally are going to use MSB Port and many other places in diferent routes. This could bring a major update to timetables on those dlcs

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I think we will get a loco addon. DB BR 294 or 26. It's very nice to drive the freighttrains to Aschaffenburg harbor soon. Thank you very much DTG and Rivet Games.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

That would be unlikely since DTG is focusing on releasing dlc for ALL platforms, not just one. It would really be unfair for us console players:(

21. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The fact they are now working with third parties to develop entire DLCs in my mind makes the chances of the editor/creation tools ever releasing to the public less likely. EIther that, or less priority (if that is even possible) than currently pushing the intended release back further.

I'm sure this post will get flamed from one end of the internet to the other...but it's just the feeling I get.

Just to add to this...it makes sense from a business point of view. Release the editor to third parties to develop or co-develop DLC with DTG, whilst keeping a tight leash on what DLC gets made so it can be released on all platforms

The last thing (I believe) they wanted was to create a "content gap" between the PC version and consoles by having PC exclusive editor, content tools and workshop support. I even remember from that editor stream this very topic was one they admitted would be difficult to address.....this kind of solves the issue for them in a way.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  22. MetrolinkF125#916

Lol:D

23. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

3rd party developers starting to release content for tsw will be good for the game in the long run, and hopefully take some of the pressure off DTG to release new content all the time so they can spend more time on bug fixes/new features/route merging. If there's more content being released (and money coming in) then hopefully things wont have to be quite as rushed as things seem to be.

I do thing the editor will come eventually but your right that its not going to be a priority.

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic but I think this will be good for the game long term.

• Like Like x 6
  24. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

We know from the April studio update last year that at that time, a closed beta of the editor was sent out to a number of third parties. If I had to guess (this is the baseless speculation thread, after all ;)) then I would say that more third party products are going to be coming soon, as from the way it was made to sound Rivet Games wasn't the only dev that got a copy of the editor suite. Based on the length of time the early routes took to make, most of the early third-party stuff will probably be locos, with routes coming later.

• Like Like x 2
  25. mrchuck

when the editor is ready third party’s team would be extending lirr? Or extending the north east corridor?

• Like Like x 1
  26. Railfan722

Because the routes are all 'cooked' by the editor into a state the game can use, if you want to extend an existing route then you'll have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch. Once the editor is out, I imagine someone will expand the LIRR network, as there are a lot of dedicated people with route building but not asset creation skills. There's a group whose plan is to build the whole NEC from Boston-DC, but they won't be able to do this until the full editor is out and in everyone's hands, not just a few third parties.

• Like Like x 2
  27. mrchuck

I know

• Like Like x 1
  28. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Well...the editor is 'ready', third-parties have had their hands on it for over a year in closed beta status learning the tools and developing content which we have already played in previous DLCs

As for LIRR & NEC extensions...noone really knows, its of course certainly a possibility (as with any suggested content)

• Like Like x 2
  29. It could be. However, if this were the case, a close communication by DTG would be enough. Just to be clear. And nobody would commit suicide. Life's problems are other.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

British route released next?

No doubt they will release Liverpool Lime St-Manchester Victoria (via St Helens), and Leeds-York, linking up NTP at either end and thereby creating a full Trans-Pennine route. And a Deltic for Railtours on the route.

As if.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'd say so, although I guess that if they're rolling the editor out properly to third parties, the usual routine could all change. I expect that if DTG continue their UK, US, DE cycle (failing to usefully connect existing routes, as you suggest), the third parties could start bringing us all manner of routes from new countries, or extra content within those three. Rivet's Twitter intro says "Developers of great Swiss routes for Train Simulator" so maybe they'll bring one to TSW too.

TSW-Release-Calendar-2020-04.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  32. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Aye, we can all dream

• Like Like x 2
  33. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

perfect for me :love::love::love:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  34. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Oh yes, pleeeease a Ludmilla :D
    Just hope the sounds will be done properly. Well, I'll go back to dreaming now

• Like Like x 4
  35. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

If Rivet Games was to make dlc's would they be able to work on consoles if they are published by DTG

• Like Like x 1
  36. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

One would hope so.

• Like Like x 2
  37. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Ohh sweet lord, what a beauty ;). Who knows, maybe a german freight pack could summon it into TSW. Hype hype hype :). Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  38. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

So Rivet Games, a first third party (some are saying its a spin off DTG team forming a new company, can anyone confirm) are now
    making content for TSW, long awaited and although it’s just a loco. I am hoping its a welcome for others to join in on.

What do we think?

• Like Like x 3
  39. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

When I visited Berlin in 2017 I Took a train journey to Elstal with the wife for the outlet, and this loco was parked in the sidings, now to paint a vivid picture, it was definitely peaceful in the outskirts of Berlin, so much so I nearly sold up and moved

• Like Like x 3
  40. MetrolinkF125#916

I noticed there was a missing blue square in May. New dlc planned in May, perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  41. MetrolinkF125#916

British, dlc, as its blue?

• Like Like x 1
  42. MetrolinkF125#916

So German diesel shunted announced, most folks’ dreams became a reality. Nice. So what can be expected for DTG to do after this, perhaps a British route/loco (although I think after ECW a British route should be next according to the cycle, OSD, Canada, similar to US, HRR, Germany, British route next)?

43. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

It seems to be an educated guess - we get a new route every 2 or so months and the next route in the cycle should be British.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Railfan722

Rivet Games is the remnants of the closed Stirling office in Scotland that DTG operated for some time. While they have no real affiliation with DTG in a business sense, the dev team there obviously shares a good working relationship with DTG. According to the April studio update, a closed beta of the editor was sent out to a number of third parties, and I would imagine Rivet was one of these. I'd say that it's fair to expect that we'll start seeing some other third party content coming out soon for TSW, although nothing is guaranteed at this point. Hopefully, if this goes well, then DTG will come out with the full editor, although this may only happen once they've gone to a newer version of Unreal like they've said they wanted to in the past.

• Like Like x 5
  45. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

On the About page of Rivet's website it says PREVIOUS PRODUCTS THE TEAM HAVE ALSO BEEN RESPONSIBLE FOR INCLUDE:
    TSW Rapid Transit, LIRR, GWE and RSN.

While technically true that they are not DTG, it's a bit of a stretch to call them a third party developer.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  46. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They only did asset creation for those DLCs.

• Like Like x 3
  47. Railfan722

For those projects, Rivet were contracted to do something for the route, likely some art but not having a ton of input otherwise - the best examples of this kind of involvement were Maik on the 425 and Ed's UK diesels. This is a full third-party project, as they've done everything by themselves, with DTG's only apparent input being the supplying of sounds from a 204 that was previously recorded and the MSB timetable file to ensure that no service conflicts occur.

• Like Like x 2
  48. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

British Rail aera would be nice. It was "the age of the train".

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. mrchuck

did thy do the Asset got LIRR?

• Like Like x 1
  50. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. According to the usual cycle of these things, I'd expect a new UK route around then sometime. Might be wrong, though - all up in the air now the third parties are at it!

• Like Like x 1