Crewe- Liverpool Lime Street

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Olaf the Snowman, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Note: I’m taking threads which have very little information and expanding on them. I’m making a new thread so more people are able to see it.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/crewe-to-liverpool-lime-st.21571/

General route information and landmarks
    Crewe to Liverpool is approximately 40miles via Runcorn which is the main way to Liverpool from Crewe. It is an interesting route because you’ve got the high speed run and 4 track railway (125mph) South of Weaver Junction and then you’ve got the slightly more interesting part of the railway albeit slower speeds North of Weaver Junction. Landmarks include the Runcorn bridge which you run over the River Mersey and then the final approach into Liverpool Lime Street with the wonderful historic rail tunnels on a steep falling gradient- not as boring as it sounds I assure you.

Traction
    Traction include the Class 390 and also Class 350s run by London North Western (ex London Midland). Class 350s are the Desiros almost identical to the 450s/444s used by South Western Railway apart from 350s use overhead wires. Class 390s only stop at Runcorn as they are the Intercity services but the Class 350s stop a bit more including at Liverpool South Parkway which is where the airport is.
    Class 390s are either 9 or 11 coaches
    Class 350s are 4 coaches but can work in multiple to form 8 or 12 coaches

Features
    • First British route with overhead wires which will be good to see- should see things like Neutral Sections
    • TASS which is a form of speed supervision to allow Class 390s and Class 221s to tilt- it is similar to ATP that are on the GWR HSTs and Class 166s but they haven’t bothered with that on GWE route
    • TMS (Train Management System) which is an important part of Class 390s and Class 350s- again, they haven’t bothered with that on the Class 377 on the East Coastway so let’s see if they actually attempt it this time
    • Selective Door Opening (SDO) which both Class 390s and Class 350s have- Well, the Class 350s can lock out a unit so technically not SDO. Again, they haven’t bothered with this on the Class 377s.
    • Separate Dynamic braking gauge on the Class 390s which will be good to see if they can get it working properly
    To be honest, come to think of it, these features aren’t particularly unique. It’s just that the developers haven’t bothered implementing it on GWE and ECW. (No, I’m not counting choosing the destination indicator as a working TMS on the Class 377s)

Maintenance Depot
    There is a depot at Edge Hill near Liverpool for the Class 390s.

Future development
    I know they don’t do this(not currently anyway), but Crewe would be a nice hub where they could expand more routes and traction.
    E.g. Crewe-Manchester (about 40 miles again) with Class 390s, Class 319s, Class 175s
    E.g. Crewe-Chester and beyond towards Holyhead with Class 221s, Sprinters (Class 15x)
    E.g. Crewe-Shrewsbury with Class 175, Sprinters (Class 15x)
    E.g. Of course the mainline down towards London or Birmingham or North towards Preston, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

I would definitely love to see this for a future route!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

If they add Crewe to Shrewsbury i'll be the first one to buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Apart from being an excellent route for passenger runs there is also substantial freight use on this route, and the added bonus of having my house modelled in TSW, as it’s very close to the line.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in this. Seems a bit short for the 390, but at least it's a bit longer than we get in GWE.

• Like Like x 2
  6. haighisaac3

haighisaac3 New Member

if more routes were made from Crewe there could be a portal that you could go to and select which route you want to transfer to

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

Or they could turn it into one big route that is connected together (if thats how it works)

8. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

Let’s hope we see this in future content, preferably sooner rather then later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Dont the crewe trains turn round at Manchester airport

10. Vanhalen1

Vanhalen1 Member

Wonderful idea, would love to see loco hauled trains , class 304, class 108 units also, to please older enthusiasts.

• Like Like x 2
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes definately, a blue 86 or 87, 304, 108 and maybe a 47 for freight and I would be very happy!

• Like Like x 2