Euro Fishing What Are The Plans For This Game?

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by thegreatwilliss, Apr 19, 2017.

1. thegreatwilliss

thegreatwilliss New Member

I see everytime i log into the game foundry dock is coming soon, What are the plans for releasing it? Is it a paid dlc or a free dlc? Also is there going to be additional fish types added onto the game? As i see the game has a lot of potential for having stuff such as pike,trout and other lake fish, Also how cool would it be to have dovetails making a few sea fishing locations or a second game called euro sea fishing where we could go hunting for huge monsters or huge amounts of fish like mackeral schools

2. TrainSim-Jio

TrainSim-Jio Member

Hi there, thanks for your post! We will be releasing it as soon as possible however we do not have a set date- we can say that it will be paid DLC though, and we hope that it's worth every penny for our dedicated customers. We have so many plans for potential updates to expand the game in many different ways, so please keep an eye out for any announcements on our social media pages.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thegreatwilliss

I wont mind paying for the dlc aslong as its not the same price as the game was at 14.99 , But get that fish going onto land glitch sorted out, its nearly impossible to catch the best fish because it always happens, Are you guys working more now on expanding the game since its been finally released for all consoles? Rather than when you were working on porting it over?

4. thegreatwilliss

Also a 2nd question will there be chance in future of adding new breeds of fish to game? And also at 151 megladon is the biggest fish in the game, Is there plans to make bigger fish released? And if so will we be looking at more equipment ? I mean real life record for catfish is around 680lbs would love to see some huge fish added at some point, Heres an idea tho the big fish fill the screen out too much how about adding a photomode so you can pause the game and rotate the camera to take screenshots etc

5. James brittain

James brittain New Member

Will there be any new fish and not the same fish on the game this game need different fish

6. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

For the foundry Dock venue, they should introduce muggers who turn up at night and steal your rods and tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ian

ian Member

there is a mugger its dovetail

8. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We would like to add more species of fish to the game in future. Unfortunately I can't say when this would be likely to happen if we do it.

Interesting idea MrCrabtree but I'm not sure we will be able to include it :D

We didn't steal anyone's rods! :|

9. titan28

titan28 Active Member

["DTG_Stephen, post: 10706, member: 2933"]We would like to add more species of fish to the game in future. Unfortunately I can't say when this would be likely to happen if we do it.

Does this mean that new fish aren't currently being talked about in the development process or even being developed?.

10. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

It is being discussed internally. We need to work out how we will go about doing it and when it can be done.

11. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Thanks for the reply Stephen, I personally think, new fish species are high priority right now along side bug fixing, New lakes may seem important but with no new fish species to be part of them, they seem a bit redundant, plus the fact, the price point, people will begrudge paying for just a reskinned waterway, if they buy it at all that is. Now if you bought out a Species DLC, that put new species in all lakes that we already have, I think most people will buy it without thought. Just my opinion though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lee George

Lee George New Member

Would love to see Perch, crucian and F1's in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Used to play Fishsim 2 loads back in the day on my PC, one of its biggest strengths was the amount of waters but more importantly location and species available to catch at them. Not every water was a carp lake, so you could target large Chub, Pike, Perch or Zander etc. If you went looking at predators, the current baits would have to be tweaked to include dead baits etc. I think they would make a welcome addition as although the game is quite obviously heavily based around Carp, it's just a little too one sided.

One other final thing, it would have been nice to continue with some better range of boss Catfish on the 2 x new venues - They add a major extra "trophy" interest. Having 1 or 2 was a little bit of a let down, St Johns and Spain seemed nicely balanced with that unsuspecting lurking monster(s).

14. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Having been a Fishsim 2 player for the past 10 years, I can say honestly, it is the best fishing game ever made. Just imagine if this game had the depth of Fishsim 2, it would be unstoppable!

15. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Agreed 100%. To be honest even if it could find a half way house - It would be a serious game. Maybe the developers should take a look at Fishsim 2 and look to work some of the ideas into Euro Fishing. I appreciate that Fishsim 2 allowed for major added content by users who knew enough to program their own waters/tackle/baits and submit it to the masses to use which wouldnt be possible at console level BUT Euro Fishing doesnt mean carp all the time - Plenty of other fish and water types in Europe to go at. I know it's slightly off line with the whole Europe theme but the more exotic add ons on Fishsim 2 like Thailand where you could catch some absolute monster exotic species was a real plus. Euro Fishing has now a good base to grow in the right direction- Depends where Dovetail wants to go with it at the end of the day, I know they were quite slow of the mark with added content and fixes but it seems they might now be pushing it again with added waters and baits...

16. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Khao Pavillion came to mind when you said Thailand. lol

17. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Yep, Snakehead, Arapaima and Siamese Carp amongst others, was a hard venue to catch at though...There was also one that was actually named Thailand - Where you would get the more huge exotic catfish of the region to Pacu on fruit baits... This is what I mean, the actual scope for Euro Fishing could expand hugely - Even if you just kept it to more places around Europe. Loved Silurus 1 & 2 where you targeted huge Catfish but tbf again it took absolute hours and the right tactic to even get a bite which maybe wouldnt be perfect for Euro Fishing as people would get bored of it to quickly unless your a real keep Fishing gamer who is up for a real challenge! But all these species and water types rather than generic carp lakes would be interesting. Used to love fishing on the rivers on Fishsim 2 for monster Chub and Barbel as well but knowing a huge Perch or Roach might come along... Reminiscing a bit here lol but a little of this could make Euro Fishing go along way.

18. titan28

titan28 Active Member

For 1 bloke making it on his own, it is incredible, yes, the community has played its part by keeping it alive even now there are still venues,baits,species and tackle being created, plus the fishsim.net site with its tournaments and records and stats, but the base game and all its programming, 1 person!. Incredible. I used to like doing some canal fishing, you could always catch plenty from them, never quite got the hang of sea fishing though, lol. rarely caught anything from those venues. If they decide to add species to all venues, they need to even out the numbers, there are far far more carp than anything else in the game, yes catching them is nice for a while, but after you've caught 20 in a session all around the 20lb-25lb range, you get a little tired of them.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  19. NewfieDrool

NewfieDrool New Member

I loved fishsim 2. I know it was basic but it worked. you don't need fancy graphics if the game play works. Not sure if that's still the case but still I loved it and all the support it gained.

20. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I haven't played Fishsim 2 for a year or so after my PC hard drive died and I lost all the updates I had downloaded and installed from pretty much owning it when it first come out (Think it was over 3GB of data over time) - So couldn't face downloading it all again and installing plus I wasn't sure if it worked with the newer Windows operating systems. The whole concept was amazing though and how it had a cult following it meant new waters and tackle were almost weekly which kept everything so fresh. Not expecting Euro Fishing to get anywhere near it in concept but it could easily look at implementing new species along with new waters and that would be a start. Also one thing I liked about Fishsim 2 was you could look at your "Keep net" and see all your catches in a session, bait and tactic used and even where you caught each fish. What might be a good idea the developers could look at for Euro Fishing is having the boss fish but maybe have a few unknown fish bigger that lurk in the waters that haven't been caught yet - It would keep everyone intrigued in terms of "has the biggest fish been caught or is there something out there unknown" - Of course there would have to be at least a couple of mystery boss fish to make it work and they would need some real angling skill to get them (Right bait, right place, right rig, right time)!

21. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We have had a few people tell us about Fishsim 2 and we have been looking at it to see what ideas we could use for Euro Fishing or how we could improve on the features that are currently in the game. With our main focus at the moment being European/carp fishing that is what our lakes will be set up to support.
    However as time goes on we will be looking to bring new species to the game and venture away from being purely carp fishing.

22. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I think if the carp catch rate was brought down and other species up (Ideally a few new ones) to balance, it would make the experience and sense of achievement when catching carp (especially the big ones) more rewarding. At the moment the carp behavior feels like a ravenous pack of piranha that attacks anything that hits the water be it a maggot to pellet. Just be nice to adjust baits, tactics and feel you can go for "other" species with out having to siphon through relentless carp takes to get that tench, bream, catfish or roach.

• Like Like x 1
  23. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Yup.. it works with Win 10, still load it up every now and then.

24. titan28

titan28 Active Member

I personally think you should be working on these new species straight away, we don't need another set of lakes that have the same fish species, we need the old lakes and the new lakes to have new fish species. I don't see how this isn't a priority, the community have been saying for ages, new fish, new fish!!. To be honest 5 species of fish in what is supposed to be a serious fishing sim, is pretty poor.

• Like Like x 1
  25. NewfieDrool

NewfieDrool New Member

Just like real angling, carp, carp and more carp. I'm with you, they need to work on the mechanics and bring in different styles of fishing and add pike, perch, barbel, dace, millers thunmb :)
    That's the trouble with Angling in general and the game represents it perfectly where you turn up, look and cast and plough in the bait. I'm guessing one of the developers is a bivvy lad and so they have based it around that, who knows.

26. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Never was a fan of fishing on big open man made cavernous lakes, always found them a little soulless, I spent most of my fishing time on rivers, weir pools, canals & drains which just seemed far more alive and maybe why the Carp aspect of this game seems overbearing to me. I appreciate carp angling is massive in the UK and Europe but not every angler in Europe is a carp angler and then even carp anglers do like a change to what they are after occasionally. As it stands with the existing other species and "boss" fish from them - There is no way of targeting them directly as I have pointed out previously - So when one does come along, it feels just luck rather than angling skill. Out of all the released waters the Spanish one is the most entertaining because of the large size and number of boss Catfish, something the two newest waters have done away with pretty much with a couple of token ones.