Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

That would be good to see, I hope the do justice to the Valenta sounds. I could still see it being another part of the Great Western network, particularly in the west country. You could have the 45 and 47 and even the 31 making an appearance.

• Like Like x 2
  2. theorganist

It was just a thought as the 166's have migrated to the South Wales, South West and Worcestershire area. A class 800 would be good to see. A class 150 Sprinter could be an additional piece of stock as they are working around that area.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

DTG are losing licenses left right and center so that might explain the amount of BR blue content. I wouldnt be surprised to see another blue era route - I'd just be disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would buy any route when it comes.

• Like Like x 3
  5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

If DTG are losing licences as stated above, would they do unbranded locos? Or is that something people wouldn’t be happy with? I mean, if they’re still working on the editor then once it’s out, people can work on logos and paint schemes etc..

• Like Like x 2
  6. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It would be so nice, if that will come true. The HST 125 in its best time. The age of the train.

• Like Like x 1
  7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

The 125 in Inter City Swallow livery would be perfection

• Like Like x 4
  8. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

I ve been seeing videos of the class 86 fron amstrong Powerhouse, and i really would like yo see that one in TSW.
    Also North Wales coastal is very scenic route, that i have already proposed with Virgin trains, but ir could be done un an older era.
    And if its an USA DLC, why not another section of the LIRR with DM30AC?

• Like Like x 2
  9. mrchuck

I thought they couldn’t do Virgin train’s. But I wouldn’t mind the north Wales coastal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Class 91,HST Early 90s York to Newcastle with wires added to ECML through Darlington opening up a potential link to the TVL in the future?

• Like Like x 2
  11. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

The problem with that is would any of that stock use the TVL line? 91s can't as TVL is not electrified, HST possibly with a scenario or two to Middlesbrough. Newcastle York would be good on its own as a route though. If TVL got an extention, I would expect it to go to Bishop Auckland.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mrchuck

what section of the Lirr would it be with the DM30AC?

• Like Like x 2
  13. lucas_5_5

Port Jefferson, or Ronkonkoma... both branches could fit, (from Hicksville)

• Like Like x 3
  14. mrchuck

I would definitely buy the Port Jefferson Branch or ronkonkoma Branch when there are available in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Source or just a vivid imagination?

• Like Like x 3
  16. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Well so far theyve lost Virgin due to their own issues, theyve lost Arriva, theyve also seemingly lost contact with GWR who are just playing out their contract based on talk with some old devs on the discord hence no 800/387/improvements to GWE (obviously wont go into which members of ex-DTG but they mentioned their GWR contact had ghosted their emails/communication - theyre still on the discord though if you dig hard enough). I havent seen them gain any or announce any new but its probably fair to assume they havent gained any. Id be highly surprised to see any routes on the West coast, Northern, Midlands or East Coast seen as they appear to have f all left.

it might all be imagination but seen as TSW has been stagnant for well over a year its probably fair to assume they are dragging it out for as long as they can convince you lot its a product worth investing in.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

I sometimes have that feeling. DTG is developing TSW in such a mystical way that you truly will never know if this product is doomed from day one or just limping along until it finally ends in a fart into the bottle. If they pull another FSW on us, that would be their final nail in the coffin. Similarities between the FSW and TSW development shenanigans are visible sadly :/. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  18. theorganist

More doom and gloom, this is all the same rubbish which has been recycled before over the last 13 years or so, I sometimes think some people actually want them to fail so give some credence to their obsession!

The last people I would believe are ex-employees and those "sources" you read about!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Not the intercity stock, but as a result of joining the 2 routes would make Darlington busier. Freight services from south of Darlington heading for Tees?

• Like Like x 2
  20. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

Freight services is a possibility. But freight heading to and from Tees Yard from York way would use the line between Eaglescliffe and Northallerton via Yarm.

We are not sure whether extensions to existing routes can be done though in TSW, so we will have to just wait and see.

• Like Like x 2
  21. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

NAYDOG You still active on Discord or anywhere where I can DM you?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Flight Sim World anyone?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. theorganist

TS1 which has been going in various forms since 2007 and pretty much from the start they were doing it wrong, their pricing was wrong, their reskin policy was wrong, their choice of routes was wrong, they were too expensive, they didn't listen to their customers, we have heard all this pretty much for the last 13 years, experts constantly predicting the demise of DTG and predecessors. We have had experts going through their public accounts, obsessing over grants, threatening to take them to court, yet they are still here and employing 150 people.

I mean if I thought this franchise was in such peril the last thing I would be doing would be buying into it and participating in its public forum!

• Like Like x 5
  24. Trenomarcus

I agree with you theorganist, DTG managed to stay alive, indeed, despite all the evident problems with their products. And we use their products almost every day.

But maybe the reason is that their products, especially TS and TSW have and ever had no real competitors?

FSW instead it got canceled suddenly from one day to another, and a few months later MS announced their brand new, and honestly magnificent, Flight Simulator. Coincidence? Who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  25. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

With that theory you could predict the end of each simulation that comes not from a giant like MS, Sony, Google or Activision. I think it's not in the interest of these giants to destroy the businessmodel of medium developers like DTG. Because they can make good money with products from medium developers and publishers like DTG, Focus home or astragon. On the other side projects like the new MS Flight Simulator take a lot of resources, that can not used for each simulation. You can see that at Forza Horizon. There MS needs external developers. I think both sides, the giants and the mediums, found a balance already, where both can fair live together. And I think it is good so.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Of late,community questions around merging routes have had positive, constructive responses imo. Not dismissed as pie in the sky.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I really hope so- it would be a great enhancement to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  28. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Tell that to all the people that burned their money on FSW believing it will become something big. Instead, they got greeted with the most toxic of PR statements and a simple "Whooops, i guess we shut down FSW. Thank you for your money. Here is TSW btw, so that your wallet doesn't fall into shock from not getting sucked dry every 2 weeks from dlc purchases." Can you please explain to us how that cannot happen to TSW? Train Simulator was such a cluster duck of 1st and 3rd party content that i guess it could not go down even with all the DTG fails along the way. TSW has barely any 3rd party support as the first official one has landed 4 years after release, still no public editor, core game is bugged beyond comprehension. Anthony Pecoraro has probably a secret, insider answer for all of this. Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  29. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I think its more to do with more people questioning what is TSW. Its no secret anymore its sold decently on consoles, but will TSW ever be a true replacement to TSxx - or is it designed now to be a arcadey game with <40 mile routes permanently, with no desire to actually replace TSxx.

thats where my negativity comes from, I dont believe in DTG or TSW anymore. I dont think TSW will ever improve and instead theyre happy to settle for where it is now. I dont think we will ever see long routes, adhesion changes, improvements to lighting, more interesting or challenging scenarios, I think theyve seen the console money and changed their direction - they want to make it accessible and by doing so they will never create a TSW that would be a dominant train sim on PC.

Ive never really played TSxx until this month, with RWEnhancer some areas of TSxx actually look and handle better than TSW - and I dont think they will ever change it, the core direction of the game has changed.

to be clear, I want TSW to be the best it can be, but I dont think DTG do - I think they want it to be a <40 mile, simple to play game. theyve already strung people along for close to 3 years - how much time do they actually want to show meaningful direction.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  30. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Then why are you still here?

• Like Like x 4
  31. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Various reasons - reply to my DMs, reply to notifications, watch you lot meltdown and argue for my own entertainment.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Wow.

• Like Like x 3
  33. theorganist

I can't answer for FSW, I am not into flight sims and didn't take any notice of what was going on there.

However, TSW has been going for three years is still being developed and now has the first third party DLC about to be released so for me that is a good enough sign for me that they intend to continue with it.

As for your comment about "wallets getting sucked dry", I purchase what I want when I want, if I am not interested in it, I don't bother, if you don't have the same self control then that is your problem?

I would get out more if I were you if the last two items count as your entertainment!

• Like Like x 5
  34. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im quite optimistic. HRR is a very busy, next gen looking route, and we have a 100% 3rd party loco dlc coming up.

• Like Like x 3
  35. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  36. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Could they be the service update followed by the BR204?

• Like Like x 2
  37. Trenomarcus

Depots should be entirely new DLC. BR204 depot is n° 25.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

One could be a new British route, the other train of some sort?

• Like Like x 3
  39. lucas_5_5

Anyone has any aproximation of how much time does it takes from a DLC entering to steamdb depot and a DLC beeing anounced? ...hmm good question

• Like Like x 2
  40. lucas_5_5

Imo is 1 loco DLC and 1 route DLC. So start shooting your own basseless (or not so basseless) speculations...

• Like Like x 2
  41. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Alright, speculation:
    Assuming, one of the depots is a loco dlc. It probably won't be for a German route, we are getting the 204 in a couple of days. I also don't think it will be something American, PC is basically complete als LIRR apparently is difficult to work with.
    That leaves the UK as the only option,
    and I don't think it will be NTP or TVL. So, the only options left are GWE or (I forgot the name of the other route..) the most recent British route. Both of which I would be happy with getting a loco dlc

• Like Like x 4
  42. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It could be two routes, one British and one either USA or another new country.

• Like Like x 2
  43. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

A Welsh or Scottish route would be very welcome

• Like Like x 2
  44. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Now that would be too much excitement :)

My guess is depot 26 is a new British train, probably a Class 313 or 171 for ECW to be released at the end of April/beginning of May.
    And Depot 27 would be a new UK route, released in May.

After that, the next route would be for the TSW 2021 deluxe package, either a German one or something entirely new (fingers crossed)

• Like Like x 3
  45. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

You mean ECW and a possible class 313? Im hoping for something major with GWE.
    Wonder if a dlc could be a 2 car 165 :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  46. mrchuck

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ireland like Belfast.

• Like Like x 2
  47. theorganist

I think a Pacer for TVL will make an appearance at some point

• Like Like x 4
  48. Trenomarcus

Reusing Class 377 or 166 (maybe slightly updated) could be a very DTG-like move. So a British route where this loco is used is my guess for the next DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  49. lucas_5_5

I probably think the same. The new british route could be something electric but un the last years of the 80s... With BR libery.
    And... And... My final Guess is that a new german route with ICE 3 or 2 Is going to be the next "deluxe" route for TSW2021. And Is going to be longer that 30 miles

• Like Like x 1
  50. lucas_5_5

When im thinking of another country my Guess is some Swiss route Made by rivet ganes, but it would take much More Time to see this

• Like Like x 1