Tsw: Diesel Duty

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am waiting for the code to be used on Steam to unlock the product (Tuesday), but at this point I will ask for a refund as soon as possible.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

It was indeed Rivet that made the DB BR 204. No excuses for the low amount of services and scenarios. If they were targeting only MSB then they had plenty of time to make more scenarios and services. They also could have added a free play mode like on NEC where you could shunt infinitely at the docks. My previous post was more about the moldy foundations of TSW.

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Actually, when I explored those yard areas a few days ago on foot, I found many hand-thrown (yes, operable) switches within the yard areas. Unfortunately, the automatic switches you mention control access to those yards, so roaming freely within them would require finding an engine already inside them. Still, a handful of scenarios and timetable sessions, plus the tutorial that Matt mentioned during his recent "first look" segment, have been, fortunately or unfortunately, par for TSW's engine DLC. I continue to hope that additional activity packs will eventually appear, as they have for numerous TS routes.
    Meanwhile, the only pre-order or wish-list link I've found exists on Rivet's web site for this DLC, so I guess we'll have to buy the product code there, which I plan to do today.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

Your decision and your loss, IMHO. I'll be enjoying myself, shunting repeatedly through various seasonal conditions . .

• Like Like x 7
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Agreed I am interested in this myself and looking forward to the release and finally being able to use the docks.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I have preorder this Loco on Rivet store and don't regret this.
    Other locos have similar number of services (MP15DC - 11, SW1000R - 4).
    Even 155 have only 16 original services and they are all the same type up/down the road. Every service with unique routing and opreations it is harder to create. (And Rivet can make them more later)

• Like Like x 2
  7. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

The beautiful 204 is worth my money, wonderful reflections seen in the stream :)

Of course you can wishlist this DLC at Steam since a week and don't need to buy exclusively in the Rivet Store. Preorder is only possible there but hey, it's not virtual out of stock on release day anyway!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Michael Newbury

Agreed after watching the stream yesterday the loco looks amazing the shadows were great, and will be well worth the money spent.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

I also don't understand the artificial restrictions put in place. Imagine if they did the same in flight simulators:
    "You may only fly between this and that airport. Also if you diverge from the flight path, the game will shut down."

Even if no supported scenarios or services exist on other routes, free roam should be allowed, at the very least. "Unrealistic", cries someone. What, more unrealistic than the entire world population being clones of a dozen of middle aged people?

• Like Like x 2
  10. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I kinda just though about it.....the possible reason why there is 7 services because they are extremly long services....maybe

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The scenarios are all 30 minutes or less, can’t say for the timetable services.

12. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

In case you all forgot theres a yard area in the dock area,full of manul switches a great place for some free play,what a waste not to use it for some extra shunter action.with so few services this could have given this new loco dlc a bit of a boost.

13. teilekind

teilekind Member

only 7 services?

14. LastTrainToClarksville

Just curious -- how do you "know" this?

• Like Like x 1
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

From the live stream, the scenario menu was shown on screen with the times.

16. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

It's at this point that I would normally say... "we could create more scenarios if we had an editor".. I'm not going to say that though as DTG are still keeping their mouths closed on that topic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's a real shame as I was originally so excited for this DLC.

3 scenarios, and 7 timetabled services means that that it's likely they could all be completed in just a handful of sittings.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks for responding -- as often happens, I missed watching that stream and haven't been able to find it on Twitch.

19. Michael Newbury

Here is the link from Youtube

20. SHINO BAZ

After watching matts stream,this really makes this db 204 way more tempting to buy then just pictures of it.

• Like Like x 3
  21. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

In the end I am a bit disappointed, I would have expected more freedom with this addon and especially rides on the main track. DTG should really take a look at freeroam where you can operate signals / junctions yourself. As long as there is no scenario editor yet, that would be a nice (temporary) solution.

• Like Like x 2
  22. SHINO BAZ

Heres something to watch in matts stream,when hes on the lohr branch line shortly before he get to the end, there a roadway overpass thats clearly to low because even though matt changes camera angles just seconds before the train gets there it's clear the loco and freight cars will not clear the overpass the overpass is to low.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. Matto140

· Extended timetable to support DR BR 204 locomotive.
    Does it mean, that electric trains support DB BR 204 with deliveries?
    DB BR 204 brings train to mainline yard and than it is taken out by electric loco and vice versa.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  24. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

It probably means that the DB BR 204 services have been added as an extra layer.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

I remember Matt said in the stream that with his new dlc it doesn't effect services that are in the route already 204 service are separate which means that for example you bring it to the main line and then the 185 takes over unfortunately not

26. Matto140

Timetable layers are packed with designated route or they are packed in Loco DLC?
    However, it would be nice to have posibility to interact between diesel and electric traffic.

27. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I saw this on the PS store it says not available to purchase because I already have MSB 510EE9A8-6DC3-4C39-8C55-97D2C41D3A3C.jpeg

28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Me too can’t buy it

29. Scotrail156467

Same with me also in the uk

30. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

As it’s a German diesel shunter, I believe it does what we would expect it to do. I wasn’t planning on driving the main line or anything. With the route this is available for and the section of track it’s made to run 7 services and 3 scenarios seems like plenty to do, everyone here has this opinion that the longer the route or the more services the better which isn’t always the case. In my opinion I will get way more then my $20 worth of joy from this add on. Rivet games has to start somewhere on TSW and I’ll support them by buying this dlc.

• Like Like x 6
  31. TSW has all the credentials to be an excellent product. Rivet Games is a highly respected producer who will enrich the program. The few services / scenarios are not a problem.
    The prices of the products are also not excessive.
    What makes the TSW "boring" is the lack of a Quick Drive and the lack of Mods. It would be enough to be able to build some scenario ( nel workshop di Steam) and cloned Repaints in the game. It would not seem an insurmountable request.
    Let's tell the truth.
    Who would have expected TSW after three years to be in this state?

• Like Like x 2
  32. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

Same here!

33. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

D'oh! Have they set it up as a "Must not own MSB" instead of a "Must already own MSB"? :D

34. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

What state it is in? I get plenty of entertainment out of it and enjoy using it especially the BR period routes so for me it is in a good state, certainly not boring? What is the truth?

I don't think we really need quick drive, you have service mode which has many options.

35. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

We still have to wait until the Playstation Store is updated around midday, may be until 2 o'clock. But it's available earlier than on Steam. Finally console players can play before pc players. :)

36. Scotrail156467

Question is it only Ps4 or Xbox also?

37. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I modorate a Facebook page and seems only ps4 have issues

• Like Like x 1
  38. You just don't understand, do you? Don't blame yourself. The important thing is to be aware of your limits. This helps a lot in life.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

As soon as you criticize DTG, there are the two Zorro who arrive with their arguments.
    Do not touch, do not criticize, and be in perfect harmony with what comes out, and above all say that it is good.
    I return to my trucks.

• Like Like x 2
  40. theorganist

The fact you resort to petty insults rather than answer the question speaks volumes!

• Like Like x 3
  41. theorganist

No one has said do not criticise, I have made many criticisms. But using comments like "the state it is in" is a blanket statement which makes it sound as if the sim is totally unusable when it is just someone angry with how they perceive it to be, yes it isn't perfect but it is hardly in a state! And what does "lets tell the truth even mean", what is the truth surely it is just down to different perceptions of it?!

I have as high standards as everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  42. It's not that I insult you, it's you who, as I said, you can't understand. What can I do about it? If you agree with everything DTG proposes, I don't see why everyone should be

• Like Like x 1
  43. theorganist

I understand perfectly it is you who seems to be having a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Ok, let's end it here. You're right about everything. Okay so? Have a good day.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

It's a multi platform release as every content for TSW (with the exception of CSX Heavy Haul). But as a Playstation guy I'm not so familiar with the Microsoft Store, but certainly this afternoon too. ;)

46. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think he was asking whether the issue with buying the DLC was limited to the PSN store, which does seem to be the case.

47. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s fixed

48. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...you mean the issue which occured in the Playstation Store, where it wasn't possible to buy and download the DLC. But meanwhile it is fixed as DB628 says...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  49. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Always the same people complaining about the same things with every release, there’s so many people here who know how to make content for a train simulator or know how to run a business. It doesn’t matter if they released 10 trains in one pack with 1000 services and 300 miles of route. The usual people to complain and bring down everyone else who see their glasses half full. Really seems like a self entitled flood owns these forums.

• Like Like x 7
  50. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I'm having a blast with the first scenario already, played it twice just to see the leafs fly into my cab again. The scenery is gorgeous, the reflections on the hood and in the sunscreen is immersive.
    Can't wait for windy rainy autumn ...

Sound-wise no issues and realistically to me, but I'm no expert. Purrs like my cat in Leerlauf.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.