Does Anyone Know How To Download A Just Trains Dlc And Add It Onto The Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brad_Jf, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Brad_Jf

Brad_Jf Member

Im confused, never bought a dlc. How do you do it

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

If you bought the content direct from Just trains there should be a read me file that came with what you bought that should tell what to do. If you cannot find one then go back to Just Trains website and look for the pack you downloaded and see if there is a read me there you can follow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brad_Jf

Brad_Jf Member

Thanks Michael, if you have downloaded a JT dlc before. Can you explain to me what i need to do to the dlc onto train sim and where my download will appear

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

IIRC there is an Add a Game tab on the bottom of the Steam main page. Press that and and the JT installer will pop up. Follow the instructions.

5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Sorry I have never purchased from JT's website, I always buy from steam but follow what Cat has posted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brad_Jf

Brad_Jf Member

Cat, do I just download it from the JT website. And then press the add game tab and it will take me to my files and select the Mid Hants add on. Which i will use

7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Brad_Jf In your purchases section (My Account > Your Orders) on the JT website it'll have a download link (Download/Activation Details). This will download an EXE file (by default it will save to your computer's Downloads folder) which can then be opened to install the pack. It'll do the hard work for you, but if you have saved Train Simulator in a non-default place (usually it will be in Program Files (X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks) you'll need to manually select it.

8. trev123

trev123 Active Member

It would make it easier if you told us where you are downloading from. All these posts about downloading from Steam or Just Trains would be just confusing you so where do you want to download from and someone will go through the procedure from that site as Just Trains and Steam have different ways of doing it. Cat this comment is wrong. "IIRC there is an Add a Game tab on the bottom of the Steam main page. Press that and and the JT installer will pop up. Follow the instructions."

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't think the Mid Hants route is available on steam so I would guess that you've bought this direct on justtrains.net

When you buy from them you should get a link in an email to download the DLC, but if not you can go back to justtrains.net and click MY ACCOUNT, log in and then click YOUR ORDERS on the right to view the DLC you've bought through them (note this is ONLY the ones you've bought direct NOT any you've bought through steam)

Click the DOWNLOAD button for the DLC you want to download and towards the top is a link (in green on my version) which will trigger a download through the browser

Once this has finished it will either sit there as something you can click, or will automatically ask you what you want to do (i would click run) or you should be able to go to the downloads folder in the file explorer in windows

Open the install file and follow the onscreen instructions.

Once you've installed it you can go into Train Sim and then to STANDARD scenarios and you should have mid hants as a route option with 10 scenarios available.

The route description doesn't mention any free roam or other scenarios so I will assume it doesn't have them

Good luck