Ecml (south)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ballantyne, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

A possible route idea for TSW 2020 would be the East Coast Mainline South (London King Cross - Edinburgh Waverley) but only running services from London Kings Cross to Peterborough calling at Stevenage and then finally Peterborough.
    The route should be set in early 2020, the reason why I suggested this route because there’s a variety of high speed traction that could be used for this route which is listed below.

Train class 43 with MkIII coaches (HST) in LNER livery.
    We all know the Class 43 HST is a british icon in the railway world.
    They was constructed by British Rail Engineering Limited from 1975 - 1982, with having trains in service as early as 1976. That’s 44 years of service! With a 197 been built. We had a glimpse of the Train class 43 in the London to Reading pack however I felt the journey was to short to experience the class 43 in my opinion

Train class 91 with MkIIII coaches with DVT, in LNER livery.
    The class 91 is a locomotive that was constructed by British Rail Engineering Limited between 1988 - 1991 they was built exclusively for the ECML with a total of 31 been built.
    These locomotives are able to produce 6,480 horse power which is equivalent 4,830 KW,
    These locomotives use the overhead power lines to produce power as there an electric based loco.
    The class 91 also features a blunt end that has been used in running services or drag services. I would like to see the included in TSW2020 as well as the DVT (Driving Van Trailer)

that’s the main content for the Route add on.

Another reason I suggested the ECML because it’s a route that’s phasing in and out traction so a possible loco/unit add on would be Hitachi class 800 LNER (5-9 car sets) been phased into service mode and scenarios giving the player a more a realistic experience of the railways.

Please I would like to hear all your ideas, let’s see if this can become a possibility rather than an idea. This would be a thing for TSW2020!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

Also if this was to be created who would be interested in having the complete duration in the ECML in TSW2020 but broken down into A series of DLCs? The possibility of having a full run though is little to none it’s too big of a file but I’d be more than happy to see it broken down in smaller packages EG: London King Cross - Peterborough. Peterborough to Doncaster. Doncaster to York etcetera .....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

What's the route like - which of those sections would be the most interesting from a scenery/operations point of view? Do any of them have more freight operations than others, which would add an extra level of interest?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

Also would there be a possibility of freight expansion pack like there was on the northern transpennine? Seen as there numerous of freight of operators running along the ECML. please comment below any ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

So here is a list of freight operators and there fleet that run along the ECML:
    DB cargo uk:
    Class 08 - diesel shunter.
    Class 60 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 66 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 67 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 90 - electric locomotive.
    Class 92 - electric locomotive.

GB RailFreight:
    Class 09 - diesel shunter.
    Class 47 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 50 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 56 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 59 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 60 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 73 - electric/diesel locomotive.
    Class 90 - electric locomotive.

Freightliner:
    Class 59 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 66 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 70 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 86 - diesel locomotive.
    Class 90 - diesel locomotive.

Direct Rail Service:
    Class 20 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 37/0 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 37/4 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 37/6 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 37/7 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 57/0 - diesel/ electric locomotive.
    Class 57/3 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 66/3 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 66/4 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 68 - diesel/electric locomotive.
    Class 88 - Bi mode locomotive.

This is just a list of the traction used by the freight companies, obviously not all can be included, however awesome that would be.
    Please feel free to add any additional information.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

I would buy this in a heartbeat and at full price. But unfortunately, if the route is only going to be 50ish miles, it won’t be enough to enjoy the HSTs/91s. Both Kings Cross to York and Leeds are around the 185 miles mark. Newcastle to Edinburgh is 125 miles and this has phenomenal scenery as you run along side the coast as you get closer to Berwick Upon Tweed.

One other traction I’d like to see is the Class 180 ‘Adelante’ used by Grand Central and Hull trains. In fact, it should have featured in the GWE route since that was set in 2015 because GWR had 5 Class 180s until 2017 for the Oxford/Cotsworld services.

I tell you what though... wouldn’t mind seeing a Paxman Valenta powered HST. As you leave Kings Cross, there are 2 tunnels. The first being Gasworks and the other being Copenhagen. There is a reason why the first tunnel is called gasworks...
    Step 1: Open cab door
    Step 2: Give it all the beans (Notch 5)
    Step 3: Enjoy the music

(turn the volume up :))

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

If I could like this a million times I would, hopefully the developer see this thread and maybe we might just get a little bit of content based off the ECML, I have to say listening to the engine roar was quite satisfying it’s quite ironic as I was playing the video and class 43 HST LNER went past my house

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

Also if DTG did develop and produce this I would be more than content and satisfied for a while me personally with such huge content would not mind if the price was around £29.99, I would be quite set with this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dave_king.1982

dave_king.1982 New Member

I'd love to see the ECML in TSW solely so I can get off and walk around Doncaster station (my hometown)

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I rather have the whole route

• Like Like x 1