All Bugs That We Found In Db Br 204

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by diamondderp, Apr 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

To make it a bit clear i'm reporting all bugs that we found in the DB BR 204 in one thread.

1. Lack of cab sway

There is lack of in-cab camera movement, even that the cab sway was turned on.

2. Horn bug
    If you press the horn too much in a row then the horn doesn't echo anymore.

3. "Zwangsbremsung"
    If you not reset the SIFA you get normally a 'Beep 'or a voice that says "Zwangsbremsung". When i didn't reset the SIFA i heard the word 'Zwangsbremsung' from the DB BR 182. SIFA of the DB BR 204.

4. Manual wiper not properly working
    If you driving with weather and want to use the manual wiper, the manual wiper doesn't work properly. Manual wiper of the DB BR 204

5. Rear bogie in wrong position
    The rear bogie is collapsing with the dieseltank.

6. Looks like that the Drivers Brake Valve too much brakes
    It looks like that the Drivers Brake Valve too much brakes in the minimum position.

If you have found another bug in the DB BR 204, just report it because it always good to report it :)

Sorry I had to change it and do it via a YouTube link. Google Drive broke my files :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The bogie in the wrong position, very off putting in external views.

• Like Like x 2
  3. robinrasquin

robinrasquin Member

I have the disc version and I managed to buy it on the PS STORE so the problem is solved.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Guys, is it just me or is the braking and acceleration on the loco a bit too much? Don't know if it is because of the way the loco and train brake handles work and don't have any notches or the overall brake performance of the brake pads? We are talking about a 64 ton shunter loco, not a 1:100 model of it :/. Something is off with the acceleration too, can't put my finger on what exactly. The loco has seemingly no delay when you go from LL to the first notch and we are talking about a diesel hydraulic loco. If you guys even have the slightest clue how those work, you will know that it transfers torque by fluid motion which takes some time to get rolling. Top speed is also achieved much slower then on normal diesel electric locos. Maybe it is like that in reality, but i highly doubt it. What are your thoughts tho? Cheers

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

If you set the drivers brake to minimum brakes the train pretty fast. I dont know if its normal to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Exactly my thought. It doesn't help the fact that the lever doesn't have any nothes like the TS counterpart has. I would bet my money on a Simugraph issue but who knows honestly.

7. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I am adding all other reports othats not in this thread of the DB BR 204

8. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Yes the BR 204 accelerates quickly in TSW, and the brakes are very powerful. It makes it challenging trying to couple, or hit specifically 10 km/h. Again, maybe it's like that in real life? Who knows.

9. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Could it be from not having the loco in shunt mode gearing? It's something I just thought of but haven't tried yet. There is a running mode and shunt mode for this loco so perhaps this changes the responses to the controls hopefully.

10. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The braking is still too powerfull in shunting gear

11. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The train accelerate pretty fast also in real life, thats why there is a shunting gear. ;)

12. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Its weird because if you saw the devblog of the DB BR 204 on Rivet’s channel you see that the rear bogie doesnt collapse with the dieseltank

13. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Hi,
    I watched yesterday the devblog of the DB BR 204 on Rivet's channel and there was some switches for the braking force. Today i was testing it and you can set it to P or G. I don't know what thats means but i think its the braking force.

This is why i want a manual for this train :mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

That is used to set the brake valve timing. You can choose between passenger and freight. That might help a little, but it has no effect on brake force. Only the time it takes to apply and release the brakes is affected. Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. septafan

septafan Active Member

I just use the direct brakes they stop less aggressive

16. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed when two BR204 are coupled the huge gap between them ? There’s at least 30-40 centimeters between the buffers and even when braking they don’t even touch at all F59514B4-9430-4E7E-A3EA-1D0D4384592C.jpeg

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I've noticed that too, this gap only exists between the two locos and not between the rest of the train. It seems that the coupling at this point has been locked and realistic buffer movement is not recognizable... by the way nice TGV screenshot!

18. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Thanks but it’s not the TGV but the Amtrak RTG Turboliner based on the SNCF RTG T2000

19. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Good to know, has the same paint! ;)

20. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I dont know if its real or not because sometimes they have big gaps between the buffers.

21. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

There should be also MU cable when two BR204 are coupled and you select MU switch!
    BR204.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  22. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Normally, there is a MU cable but i didn't see the cable in some services and a scenario, i putted in the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  23. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The gap irl is a huge mistake it can damage the loc or the coaches/wagon behind it when braking

24. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

This is not the position where the MU cables sits on these locos. Its below the buffers. The sockets there on your image are IS cable for using door control systems. They got used on some of the locos around the 90s. Not much as i know, nor each of the DR V100 does have them. Only some modified versions.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Thanks Maik Goltz for correction, my bad, supposed that this are for MU control.

26. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Yesterday I took a longer train to the port. When starting off for the first time, everything was normal, the speed / acceleration slowly but surely built up.
    After a stop (braking too hard) I wanted to start again, but the train only started at level 6! I've noticed this a few times ...

There is also a scenario that plays in the dark. Nothing can be seen from inside or outside at all. Pitch dark! A bit to dark, I can not imagine that they are also blind in real life ... Like in a submarine ...

27. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

BR 204 News: I reported most bugs found by the community also to the "Rivet Games Forum" and staff member Jasper_Rivet has now passed everything on to the development team. Meanwhile the problem with the shifted bogie and the side view from the driver's cab is fixed. Currently they are also working on new services for service mode and they are in contact with DTG for using the BR 204 on other German routes too (probably on later updates). I assume that the update with the BR 204 bug fixes will be delivered together with the next regular DTG update. This must be for the LIRR M3. So we didn't we have to wait much longer...

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  28. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Thanks that you reported it to Rivet Games :D

29. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

If you do it via Journey mode, its then around attumn and there are some clouds, it can we then super dark. Maybe do it next time via Timetable and to summer clear.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I thought we get the first bug fixes for the BR 204 with the LIRR M3 update. It seems Rivet Games take the time they need, not only fixing things like the bogie, but also to implement new services...

Here is a screenshot to shorten the waiting time!

BR 204 at the engine shed.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  31. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi diamondderp,

You can find detailed manuals for most products on this page. We're in the process of adding more console specific manuals and they will be added as we complete them.

Hi Sparmi,

The M3 build was submitted to Sony and Microsoft shortly after the release of the BR 204, so it really wouldn't have given Rivet any time to gather feedback to prep an update to make the M3 launch.

I would imagine any update for the BR 204 to appear in the next TSW release following the M3 and we'll share some more details when we're able.

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  32. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! :)

33. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Hey guys, here is some first hand information for the next BR 204 update from the development team of Rivet Games.
    It's been already posted in the DTG forum, but I thought it would be a good fit for this thread.

Changelog for the update:
    - Offset bogie fixed (and faint yellow markings have been added)
    - Added climb ladder animation
    - Added cab sway to the cameras
    - Fixed a crash in the Scenario
    - Optimized the head out camera to see a little bit from the front of the loco
    - Added 1 Scenario that is 1 hour and 50 mins long from Lohr Industrial Yard to Hafenbahnhof DockYard
    - Added an additional service mode that is approx 30 mins long. This service will replace the Dock Freight Move service. (Both of these scenarios feature runarounds around yard areas and stations.)

Have a nice weekend! :)

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Thanks, im really excited for the new scenario :D

35. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

What i realised was when i drove with 25 km/h into a buffer block, was the rear bogie moving to his "normal" position and goes back to the wrong place.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2020
  36. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

37. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Yes i agree with you

38. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Greetings. As mentioned in an other thread, its great to see Rivetgames take response on the BR204! Anyway, ive noticed something and im not sure its a bug. The Idling speed of the engine isnt always the same. For example, you walk to a 204 wich is just standing somewhere, the engine is already on and the loco idling at low revs. As soon as you sit in the idling goes up. If you now would sit into another loco, the others loco idling speed would rev down again. Has anyone an idea what this is about ?

39. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Short but clear: No

40. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

That is something that i have noticed too, but with other locos as well. I remember first seeing it on the CSX Heavy Haul locos. As soon as you sit down, the revs go up and then stabilise. I think it has something to do with Simugraph. The physics only apply to the loco you are physically sitting in. So i guess it takes a couple of seconds to calibrate when a player takes over control. I might be wrong tho, this is just a guess ;). Cheers

41. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

A small update after the new update for the 204: Rivet Games aren't sure if the update comes when the BR 20 releases. If there are some updates ill let in know ;)

• Like Like x 1
  42. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

You may already saw it, a new TSW2020 update. Unfortunately the 204 is not updated.

43. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Yeah just checked it out. Even the bridge too deep, near Lohr, isn't fixed at MSB yet. Rivet Games delivered the update quickly and on time and it was already finished almost a month ago. But we wait and wait...

44. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Your laundry list of available manuals pointedly does not include the DB BR 204; however, there is a manual available for this switcher on its Steam sales page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/...DB_BR_204_Loco_AddOn/?curator_clanid=27920602 . Can this link be added to the list you referenced?

45. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Heres one i didn't see if you stand up while moving and get near the entrace door you can literly fall outside the loco and can't get back in.and fall off and have to watch the loco leave you behind.

46. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Bit late but a new announcement:

Hey there,

we're aware that the update on the 204 is eagerly awaited - we can't wait to see you finally playing the polished loco. But, we're still waiting for the 204 to pass Dovetails QA process, which we don't have a date for yet, but we're hoping it'll be just another week or two.
    But we can say for sure, that we didn't forgot about the update and we're still chasing Dovetail on this. The patch is definitely coming, it's on the internal beta build already.

We can understand your frustration, but again we ask for a little more patience. Thanks a lot for your undestanding!

47. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

understand your frustration

48. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Yes you saw it correctly. New update :D. I returned this morning after a month back to TSW and updated 3 updates and I need to update a new update again...

49. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I suspected the update was coming because Matt is streaming the BR 204 on Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  50. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Sincere thanks to DTG for applying the DB BR 204 patch provided to them by RIVET in March.

Seriously ... I am happy to finally see it arrive and am about to shut down this forum in favor of some German switching.

• Like Like x 1