Great Western Express Extension Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tallboy7648, Apr 26, 2020.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Look, I'm a big fan of Train Sim World. I love the level of detail, the graphics. But the routes this game offers are hit or miss. Like Great Western Express. Look I live in NYC and I love the Great Western Railway. Which is why I'm asking for Dovetail to finally Extended the Great Western Express route. It's the first route y'all made and it's been three years. People have been asking for an extension for years and nothing. It's like y'all just forgot about it. I'm sick and tired of y'all releasing routes and they don't go the full distance. Like the Long Island Railroad. Why doesn't it go to port Washington or ronkonkoma. You shouldn't put port Washington if it doesn't go there. Great western express is far too short for the Class 43. If u gonna put a end destination, then we should be able to go there. Not only go to Reading. Perhaps y'all should probably extend the routes that need an extension instead of releasing new ones. Please extend and give love to Great Western Express. If you're able to make it go the full distance in Train Simulator 2020 then I can't see to understand why y'all are unable to extend GWR in TSW. It's like y'all abandoned it to be honest and that's wrong for the people who pay a ton of money to invest in routes that don't even go the full distance. We should be able to go to Oxford, Bristol Temple Meads, Swansea, Plymouth, Penzance, Hereford, Newbury, Cardiff Central, Weston-Super Mare, Didicot Parkway, Worcester Foregate Street, Moregate-in Marsh, Exter St David's, Taunton, Great Malvern, Henley On Thames, Banbury and Wore Chester Shrub hill. I feel like there could also be a few more scenarios. It's time for Dovetail to stop neglecting the routes that have been out for a while. Give it some love, and hell Y'all in the U.K. Y'all are capable of making long distance gwr routes. Because y'all did it in Train Simulator. I wouldn't mind doing a long journey in the Great Western Express. Hell maybe get a third party to help you guys. I wouldn't mind paying for an extension. I hope someone from Dovetail will respond and hopefully finally we will get an extension. Stay safe during these difficult times.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

I agree that it's about time that they extend it

• Like Like x 2
  3. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Bump

4. tallboy7648

Bump?

5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

bump
    In message board terms, to move a post to the top of the forum with a pointless reply. Its a way of raising the threads profile again.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't normally bump a post on the same day (or even the same week) as the OP...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

It's also a fine line between bumping a thread and thread necromancy, or reviving a dead thread..
    Being middle aged thats my knowledge of such matters now exhausted ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

?

9. tallboy7648

I didn't bump anything

10. tallboy7648

Is this how people be treated in the fourms

11. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Some people have nothing better to do than complain, and although we all love a moan now and again; some have a masters degree or a scholarship in it.

This is an important thread, now matter how old

12. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

I agree. All routes! Even if we had to go to a 'new route' and pick up a journey from a station last stopped at. Should not be too hard.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see an extension of the GWR DLC extending it to the end of the line at bristol.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ARuscoe

I didn't say You did.

I agree with the concept of the thread, though I am not sure how many people really want an extension of the 2015 version of the Great Western...
    Also where the OP talks about going to all of those wonderful places, if the average route length released for TSW is about 40 miles, PAD to PNZ is going to take about 12 DLC

• Like Like x 2
  15. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I have to agree before I wanted to have a GWE extension but now gave up on the route tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

No offence meant. I was trying to show off my extensive knowledge!! Ahh well, that's what happens when you try and show off I guess ;) Interesting reaction though..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2020
  17. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

18. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

This person just seems to be stating his opinion

19. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

How is this a dead thread. To say something like that is disgusting

20. ARuscoe

He was saying it WASN'T a dead thread (how could it be, it was minutes old)
    And talking about death isn't disgusting unless you find death itself disgusting (which I don't, obviously)

21. tallboy7648

bump?

22. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Explain. In fact dont bother. You're clearly not worth listening to.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2020
  23. tallboy7648

gotta be so rude

24. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

And this isn't?

25. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

do u work for dovetail

26. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

image.jpg

27. tallboy7648

I think what he meant by a dead thread was that they're not gonna listen to it and not be willing to extend it

28. tallboy7648

Can't dovetail take the time to make routes that go to the destintion posted instead of making a route that is short and doesn't go the full journey. It'll just get negative reviews. And it' s annoying because it looks cool but youre not getting a full experince

29. Sam6489

Sam6489 New Member

oh a lot of people would want an extension. they been asking ever since the route was released

30. tallboy7648

31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Some highlights so far...

• Like Like x 2
  32. tallboy7648

Is this supposed to be a joke

33. tallboy7648

How bout read the main part of the thread and make it a highlight instead. If you work for Dovetail then u should be ashamed because it would show that u don't care.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Clearly it’s a joke, a very good one too. The whole thread has become like a comedy sketch. But seriously, you start by saying you love TSW, then go on to criticise absolutely everything about it, in this thread and others. You say it’s a rip-off, DTG are lazy, but you like the level of detail and the graphics. It’s exactly that, the level of detail is why the routes aren’t that long. If you want the long routes but less detail you have TSxxxx. Route extensions don’t exist in TSW but every day on the forum someone requests one, or lots of them, and some get really worked up and abusive about it all, calling the developers all things under the sun and not covering themselves in much glory. Nothing here is really that important, it’s a train game.

As for working for Dovetail, do you think I’d be allowed to post the drivel I do, albeit fairly well written drivel with the correct spelling of the word “you” and everything, if I did?

• Like Like x 3
  35. tallboy7648

The game is good but it has problems that aren't inexcusable. Some routes in Train Simulator 2020 are detailed and they are long as well. And it's possible to extend the routes. And of course people would be frustrated. Dovetail has shown that they can make really good detailed and long routes in Train Simulator 2020 and even Dimitri even said it can be done in tsw. They even say voice our opinion in the fourms. So can you blame for being frustrated at Dovetail for releasing dlc's that don't go the full distance. We as sim and train enthusiasts want a full experience. It's supposed to be a sim so if you call something a Simulator then of course you're gonna expect a full sim experience. Have you even read reviews of routes in tsw because I don't think you really do. People are getting tired of DTG not making full routes like East Coastway and want change. I didn't want this thread to become a joke either. I'm American so when you type on the phone you use "u" as a quicker way to type you but I guess you Europeans aren't used to that.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

q9khzibd1x911.png

Agree 100% with everything else :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  37. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

DTG decide to extend the route from Reading to Penzance with some suitable extra stock, like a Sprinter for Devon and Cornwall, maybe a Voyager too for Cross Country services, some more freight wagons too.

I don't know how many people work on various projects, so serious question, how long do you think this route would take, 3 months, 6 months, a year, 18 months?

Making that route might stop development on other routes, so for maybe a year no routes are being developed, users get fed up of waiting so stop using the Sim, find other hobbies, cash flow diminishes, DTG lose money, maybe have to lay off some staff, but you will be happy because you have your mammoth route.

It is great having a wishlist I am sure we all do, but I think we have to use some commonsense and start thinking about reality of producing detailed content rather than wailing from the sidelines that evil, greedy DTG aren't doing what we want, because quite frankly we think we know better.

• Like Like x 1
  38. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

True dat
    And if TallBoy wants long routes he should play TS2020.

39. tallboy7648

users are also fed up with dovetail making shorter routes that don't go to the end destination. I guess you don't read the reviews on steam or youtube.I guess your that small group that doesn't care. People would prefer if dtg released routes that go to the end destination

40. ARuscoe

I would clarify this to say "a natural end point that they agree with"
    So many people wouldn't have an issue with London to Peterborough for example, because there are a lot of terminating trains at that point so it makes sense, even though the route does continue for another few hundred miles.
    Otherwise we'd never get a route of note because they're all really long

• Like Like x 1
  41. tallboy7648

and i do play ts2020. people have a right to voice our opinons of a game and agree with others. That's why the fourms are here. The fourm is Called "Content Suggestions and Proposals" to state our opinion freely. If you don't like what certain people say, don't comment on it.

42. tallboy7648

Well that's what people in the reviews that I read of certain dlc would want. For the route to go to the end destination. Dovetail just seems to be chucking route after route that doesn't go to the end destination and people are fed up with that.Espically when they lack scenarios, then it gets boring.

43. ARuscoe

People want what THEY want, but generally its better to read beyond plain words and try to establish the meaning of it

• Like Like x 1
  44. tallboy7648

I do and i get the meaning of it. It's oboivous. People are fed up with Dovetail making routes that don't go to the end destination and they want change. I saw a review from sim uk and he had a valid point. He said that Dovetail has become complacent because they have no compititon, so they continue to make routes that are short. Others have complained the same thing. They want change. People are fed up and would like to see routes that go to the end destination as stated in the timetable and slightly longer routes. Maybe you should start reading them. I think dtg needs to do a poll about this topic.

45. theorganist

If I was into Meme's, I am sure I could find one showing someone banging their head against a brick wall!

• Like Like x 1
  46. theorganist

How long has TSW been out for, are routes getting longer, no, if anything they are getting smaller?

Are people still buying these rip-off short routes, presumably as greedy DTG are still in business and producing more content?!

So are these unofficial spokes-people for the TSW community representative of everyone, are they the majority?

And yes, everyone has a right to state their opinion, of course they do, but it would be good to have some clarity of judgement when doing and looking at the wider picture.

I want to see Euston to Liverpool and Manchester (with the Rugby-Birmingham-Stafford route) set in the 60's with a full set of rolling stock suitable but I have more chance of being the next Prime Minister than that happening, but I don't consider DTG greedy good for nothings because I am not getting what I want!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  47. tallboy7648

The routes seem to be getting shorter. do u repersent the majority, I don' think so. I know people would want longer routes that go to the end destination posted as said in a lot of reviews in routes. I guess your part of the minority that doesn't really care.

48. theorganist

This is my last word as I can't be bothered especially if you misrepresent what I said, and I don't think you actually have read what I said.

I would like longer routes? Do I care, not hugely as I generally enjoy what we have had so far, I would like to see GWE expanded but it isn't a deal breaker, but I prefer older period routes and NTP and TVL suit me fine. I would rather see some effort put into steam rather than longer routes but that is my opinion. I will concede that ECW was the first route after I had driven it a few times (and I think it is a lovely route) when I thought I really wish they had made more of this but I will just assess each release more carefully. I still enjoy a drive on it occasionally, particularly to Seaford and it feels very realistic so even then it hasn't been money wasted.

Maybe I am in the minority, who knows, but I don't think the entire TSW user group is represented here, on Youtube or the person down the pub. DTG will have the best idea as they have the sales figures and as they haven't changed course really then I guess that might answer your question.

So yes, I would love longer routes but I also can see the reality of a situation from a money making business point of view. Maybe longer routes will come from individuals who do not earn their living from developing or where developing is a second source of income and they don't have to worry about overheads and schedules.

I suspect most people who are getting angry at route length, including your Youtube reviewer, have not really thought it through and just think DTG are being lazy and greedy so want to rant about it, if that is what you think then, that is fine no-one can dissuade you from that but I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

I expect your next reply will be more of the same and I have other things to do!

• Like Like x 3
  49. tallboy7648

oh they have. u should watch it. He said he understands that they may have a responsibility to their shareholders and the financial aspect. And he really does like tsw and what the game is But I agree with when he said dtg should make their customers more happier and to stop releasing routes that are nothing but cash grabs. People do think before they review something. You seem fine with what dtg are doing. I could understand the finical aspect as well, but I think their needs to be change. And yes I read what you have said

• Like Like x 1
  50. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Merits to both points of view from over here. You guys dont need to get personal, you both make good points that I'm finding interesting as I sit here in lockdown slowly going loopy. I just lost half an hour trying to figure out how to insert gifs btw thanks for planting that seed theorganist..

• Like Like x 1