Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

No one has mentioned it, but maybe...... DLC #27 could be the mythical editor!! :o:cool::D

• Like Like x 3
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Editor won't be a DLC - it'll be a standalone thing based on, or an addition to, the UE editor.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Steve 31

Steve 31 Member

I will add my vote to a class 56 being an obvious choice.
    It would be the first BR type 5 produced and is suitable for both Trans Pennine and Tees Valley in their set periods.
    It would be nice to have a 56 on a loaded oil over Trans Pennine and they were the staple power of many workings around Middlesborough for years. The opportunity could be taken to add freight to the section beyond Redcar as they worked the Boulby branch for many years. The services ran to Tees Dock running round at Grangetown so it would make an interesting trip to have a run round included and would add services to one of the other freight terminals on the route. The service would have to start at the junction just before Saltburn but would add some variety.
    Plus of course they make a fantastic noise!

• Like Like x 8
  4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I bought the Tees Valley when it came out and I've had a lot of enjoyment from it. I've always thought there was loads of potential for more traffic to more locations, one of them being potash from Boulby, or at least, Saltburn, to Tees port. The 31 was a great addition but it was disappointing that the cement trains only go as far as Tees Yard, the opportunity to trip the wagons to the cement terminal wasn't taken. I was full of hope but now I'm worried that they don't seem to be interested in further expansion, in terms of operation, of existing routes. Expansion in terms of route length is apparently impossible so does that mean if you can't walk into a location, you'll never be able to drive a train there? On the map there are loads of sidings with working points but try walking to them and you reach the invisible wall. I hope I'm wrong but I fear they'd rather sell more new routes than enrich existing ones. But I love your idea and if it ever happened I would be delighted. Especially if we can run it on the Trans Pennine as well.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

And something to be download from epic launcher.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

I think it will be one of class 55, 56 or 20. I think I'd most like a Deltic, but I would be happy with any of them!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

56 and the Boulby service is a great shout. My fear would be it having minor differences that prevent it being appropriate for NTP asside from the Livery. Im convinced the next British dlc is a Pacer tho.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Apparently TVL was updated with a new DLC. Perhaps a Pacer is coming for it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Count me out then, if I want to drive a pacer, I'll buy a bus simulator. :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

How can someone tell if its a TVL dlc Anthony?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Perhaps he means the class 31.

• Like Like x 1
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes please, with a class 26, 40 and 120 DMU.

• Like Like x 2
  13. theorganist

I don't think the class 56's changed much from 1983 to 1989 so I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem.

I would take the Pacer over the class 56, as much as first generation DMU's are my favourite trains, it is not realistic having every passenger train as a 3 car class 101 on TVL in 1989 so the Pacer would add more realism than variety.

However they would likely make a class 142 of which Heaton only have a small handful in 1989 (the ex WR chocolate and cream Skippers0 according to my Platform 5 books, Heaton had all the class 143 fleet which would have been much more common.

I am not sure how thorough DTG are with research sometimes, NTP uses just two car 101's when 3 car sets would have been common, as well as two car sets, yet in 1989 when many DMU's had lost their centre coaches to keep up with Sprinter/Pacers timings they provide three car sets, from what I can tell Heaton had lost it's class 101 TSL's and TCL's then or certainly only had a couple. Still that is just me being pedantic!

• Like Like x 1
  14. theorganist

The Pacer is more realistic for operations on the TVL in 1989 than the class 101 which would have been in the minority, certainly not forming all passenger services.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

143s?the same 143s that up until recently worked Exmouth - Paignton?

• Like Like x 1
  16. theorganist

Yes they all started their life working out of Heaton, Newcastle depot. I think they went from the North East sometime around 1993, I haven't got the books to hand at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Tees Valley Line desperately needs another passenger train rather than another freight train, pacer would be great. Love em' or hate them they're iconic.

• Like Like x 2
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Although pacers may have been hated by those who saw them replace real trains, they will be more fun to drive than a modern unit in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

True, they could be fun on the Pennine hills too!

• Like Like x 3
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

In yesterday’s live stream Dmitri said he was surprised to see an unannounced DLC when he was setting up and testing for the stream. The stream he was doing was on Tees Valley. Read into that what you will.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. Anthony Pecoraro

Hmmmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  22. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

“Surprised”

• Like Like x 2
  23. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I’m surprised as well.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Well if we do see an addition to the TVL it will certainly be most welcome and at the same time maybe the following could be looked at:-

BUG: Stop passengers getting off at the wrong side of the middle unit on the DMU
    BUG: Sort out the problem of either no driver at all or driver at wrong end in services when train is going forwards

Some additional passenger services, especially at Darlington & Middlesbrough, even if we can't get on them, just more AI. 45/47 expresses flying through or stopping at Darlington, services to and from Boro'

Extra Freight Services to destinations on the map we can't currently drive at

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  25. jevan-dean

jevan-dean Active Member

I agree, which would also mean more variations in the signals and more interesting to drive in and out of Darlington, becasue atm its a bit dead.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Would a pacer not just sub for a 101 or 101/31 service?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I thought that timetable substitutions had to have the same train format, so locos can be switched out, but if the train is specifically a two- or three-unit DMU, the subbing train needs to be the same size. Since the Pacers are just a single unit, I don't think it could sub for anything other than a single loco, which don't exist on any passenger routes as they would be pointless. Therefore it would definitely need its own layer in the timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Does the 31 make a 2 car 101 into 3? Or is it 3 car into 4? Cant remember.

• Like Like x 1
  29. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just confused, and maybe I'm just not familiar enough with British trains, but I thought Pacers are 2 units? Coupled together permanently, sure, but still 2 units, right? Or at least they would be modeled as such because of the flex in the middle...

• Like Like x 1
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s right. they are two units.

• Like Like x 2
  31. theorganist

I don't think any more passenger services would be necessary as it would make the line unrealistically busy on the passenger front. Some more freight moves would be good to see.

I do hope we do see a Pacer and they can get rid of the 3 car class 101 DMU's, however if the swap needs to be in the same format then I don't know what the answer would be.

It would be good if they could swap some of the two car 101's on the NTP with some of the 3 car ones, as that would be more realistic, certainly 3 car sets were much more common in 1983 than they were in 1989. It would be good if they could change the seat fabric in the NTP 101 for the correct fabric of the period not the Regional Railways one which a handful of refurbished ones carried in the early 90's..

I do have to question some of DTG's research sometimes, I get the feeling DMU's are overlooked a little and more attention is put on locomotives, a bit like in the model railway world when for years there were very few available and even now not every DMU has been modelled, yet I suspect pretty much every diesel locomotive has been.

The 101 in the game is an excellent model and fun to drive but I will be very disappointed if in a few years it remains the only first generation DMU available as there were so many different types. At least a Pacer would give TVL a little more variety and a bit more realism for the period it is set in!

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  32. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Dont know if Ive misheard or read this somewhere. Consists can be tweaked now cant they?

• Like Like x 2
  33. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

A pacer would be really nice especially for the timeperiod of TVL. On the freight part I would like to see more freight cars especially the van cars from the BR Heavy Freight Pack and more freight services. It would increase the industrial feeling on TVL.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

TEAs were around on Tees Valley also. Maybe when the 47’s fixed we can see a railfreight version?

• Like Like x 5
  35. khalidaliishmail

khalidaliishmail Active Member

Every time there is a new DLC I'm always secretly hoping its going to be a steam route or loco, although I know that's highly unlikely. Failing that, It would be great if the next UK route is a 1969 - 1975 era diesel route, covering something like Glasgow - Edinburgh or ECML with class 55. ECML route of that era could also reuse the 47 and 40, both of which worked passenger trains on the ECML prior to the introduction of the HSTs in 1976, and are already modelled in the game. Favourite route so far by far is the NTP.

• Like Like x 5
  36. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Have you put it on the route requests.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

TSW desperately needs a big-ticket/overdue feature to come this year. Otherwise I dunno how seriously I can take it as a platform going forward...

• Like Like x 3
  38. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

It needs to be something tangible like rail adhesion and not another useless gimmick like mastery. Unbelievable how resources are spent on features that provide zero value to the simulation aspect of things.

• Like Like x 3
  39. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Sorry but I see “rail adhesion” mentioned now and again and I’ve no idea what it is..?

• Like Like x 1
  40. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

currently the rails are like super sticky and no matter the weather your grip is 100%

adhesion changes would mean they would be slippery when its rained/snowed and youd actually have to play with the throttle and brake more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Ah right, thanks, that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Also certain special vehicles called a Rail Adhesion Train is a modified rail vehicle used on a rail adhesion system where the normal equipment does not have the rail sanding ability in locomotives. Basically on routes the weather would determine if you get wheel-slip or you might stall/overheat the engines. The purpose of a rail adhesion car is to apply grip to the tracks. Currently like NAYDOG stated TSW 2020 does not have this dynamic weather effect on the rails. The water look you see in-game is just a cosmetic look with no value.
    Need a video example: By Djhammers taken here in NYC via the Rockaway line.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Any further ba see less speculations on dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Anthony Pecoraro

Possibly a loco DLC for Tees Valley Line.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Plz

God

Not

A

Pacer

• Like Like x 3
  46. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Route extensions for LIRR Anyone???

• Like Like x 3
  47. Anthony Pecoraro

I agree.

48. theorganist

I hope is, it will add realism to the route. It will be fun bouncing over the point work and round the corners!

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  49. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

It's the UK's turn, we've had nothing since end of last year

• Like Like x 3
  50. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

This would create a problem on some routes, ESPECIALLY on the latest route (HRR).
    The timetables in scenarios and services are built for 120% acceleration and emergency brake if you want to be on time.

• Like Like x 2