Xbox One Tsw Specials!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JohnnyK98, Apr 28, 2020.

1. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

We've got some good discounts on TSW content for the next 7 days.

Rhein-Ruhr Osten -41%
    Caltrain MP36PH-3C -19%
    East Coastway -30%
    AND MORE!

Whoohoo!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I’ve just bought the MP36. It’s been downloaded successfully but is not showing on TSW. When I go back to the Xbox page, it’s showing it’s already downloaded. What should I do?

Thanks

3. JohnnyK98

This happened to me as well with the East Coastway DLC. I had to restart my Xbox for everything to update properly. I hope this works for you!
    You should be able to find it in the Peninsula Corridor route afterwards.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I guess were lucky

• Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

It worked, thank you very much. I’ll try playing the new traction tomorrow hopefully.

I might make a new thread in the general section of this forum but what are your thoughts on the Canadian Oakville Subdivision route? It’s not much of a discount, still £20 (£5 discount from £25) which I’m a bit surprised about because I thought the discount would be in line with the others. Is it worth it? What traction (locomotives) comes with it?

6. JohnnyK98

I quite like the CN Oakville Subdivision route, and I'd recommend it with the discount.
    It comes with a GP38-2 freight train, very similar to the CSX GP40-2 on the NEC route, or the UP GP38-2 on the Peninsula Corridor route.
    The other locomotive is the GP9RM, it feels like an older version of the GP38-2, and not as powerful. But it's beautifully modelled, and I enjoy operating it!

The switching/shunting in the Oakville DLC is a lot of fun too. The ethanol scenarios (filling up the tanks) is something unique to TSW, and I enjoy it. The route itself is very straightforward though, it's mostly going straight down and into a large area with tracks. But it runs smooth on consoles, and (to me) it feels like home. There isn't much to talk about concerning scenery, it's mostly trees and highways, and a beautiful lake. The weather effects really pop out. It's the first time I've seen lightning in TSW, and it looks great! Great sense of immersion.
    If you're a fan of freight trains, this DLC is for you!

There are some bugs/glitches concerning the scenarios, but I've managed to complete them all. They seem to be hit and miss. Some of the bugs other people experience (the ones with refilling the tank cars) I've never encountered.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I love this Dlc and I hope for a future add-on, something like "passengers over Ontario", lol.
    I remember I spammed my OSD screenshots all over the TSW community/group on Xbox One to show how beautiful and detailed is the route boundary. (my gamertag is "lorenzo73")

8. JohnnyK98

My gamertag is JohnnyK98, I've probably seen your posts on the TSW Community club on Xbox! I still post frequently!