Dovetail Games Extending Routes And Future Dlc Going To The Actual Destination In Real Life

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Epictrainz9466, Apr 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Epictrainz9466

Epictrainz9466 New Member

I love and adore Train Sim World, I love the graphics, the level of detail and some of the scenery of these routes. However I am not 100% satisfied with DTG and here is why.
    I'm not satisfied with DTG because of some of the routes they have and some of the new dlc that keeps coming out. Let's start with the Routes. Routes such as Great Western Express, Rhur Sieg Nord, East Coastway, Long Island Railroad and others don't go to the end destination. Now I read tallboy7648's fourm and sam6489's review which I recommend reading pertaining to extensions of Great Western Express and other routes in tsw. I couldn't agree more with them. I'm dissatisfied with DTG because they make routes that don't go to the full destination like the examples I said. Along with the fact that Everytime they release a new dlc, 90% of the time, they don't go to the destination posted. Also routes that have been out for a while haven't gotten Extensions like Great Western Express, Long Island Railroad and Rhur Sieg Nord. Now I too would like to see an extension in the and even Dimitri from Dovetail said it's possible so Dovetail have no excuses. As to why they don't want to extend their routes, I don't know. I know that they want to expand the amount of routes available but I'm sick and tired of them making routes that don't go the full distance and them charging $30 for not a full experience. The routes are short and they don't go to the destination posted. Now I could understand if a certain route is short because the line itself is short in real life. But if you're gonna make a line and you put two points, we should be able to go there. Example East Coastway: If the timeable says Brighton to Ashford and we start at Brighton, we should be able to go from Brighton to Ashford, not Brighton to Easily. GWE: If the timetable says London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads, we should be able to go to Bristol Temple Meads, not reading. LIRR: If the timeable says Penn Station to Port Washington, we should be able to go to Port Washington, not Woodside. I hope u get the point. DTG, I would like u to stop making routes that don't go the full distance or to their end point in real life. You call tsw a sim but I don't understand how it's a sim if most of the lines don't go full distance or to the end destination as posted on the timetable. For future DLCs I would like DTG to make routes that go the full distance and not give us part of a route that is short because your customers are not getting a full experience and if you are gonna continue to do that (which u shouldn't) explain to your customers as to why you are not making routes that go the full distance or to the end point. TSW is a nice beautiful game which I love along with ts1, but I notice more and more customers growing dissatisfied with your product and I can see why. DTG, you have to stop this trend of releasing routes that don't go the full distance and charging $30 dollars for them because I can say and I know others will agree that the majority of routes that are in tsw are not worth $30 dollars due to the fact that they don't go to the full distance as posted in the timetable. You can't justify the price of some of these routes unless you guys are just being greedy. It's not imposible to make a full length route like Dimitri said in the steam eariler, so you people have no excuses. You have to break this habit because you seem comfortable with this. If you're not going to make a route that doesn't go the full distance, then don't make it because I know others would rather wait for a new full length dlc route instead of a short dlc route that doesn't even cover the full line. I would like future DLC to cover a full line of a route instead of part of a line and maybe can get third party support to help you people. I would like someone from Dovetail to respond to this and would like to hear the opinion of others. Thank u.

• Like Like x 4
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I 100% agree and I'm glad that people are finally saying their frustrations so Dovetail can listen and make improvements. I'm not sure if I trust the company anymore to be honest. Hell you got people calling dovetail lazy.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Route Extensions can be made by dovetails but they are having third party developers create some too like for the Long Island railroad there’s a third party developer creating the port Washington branch line for the dlc

• Like Like x 5
  4. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I also find this to be the case with some of the later routes in Train Simulator 2020. For instance, the Hudson line route in TS2020 covers GCT to Croton Harmon, when it actaully goes up north to Poughkeepsie. Also, the NJT Morristown and Coastline in TS2020 goes from Hoboken/NY-Penn to Dover, when in real life, it goes from Hoboken/NY-Penn to Hackettstown.

I agree as well, I don't mean to complain but just offering analysis and constructive criticism. From what I have seen so far, it is like a rip off if we are paying full price for a route that does not cover the full distance. In TSW, how are you going to create the NEC with bugged signal/ASCES system and only go a short distance from Newark International Airport to New Rochelle. The full NEC goes from Washington-Union Station to South Station in Boston. What we currently have in TSW is not even a quarter the distance of what the NEC is in real life. It is frustrating that TS2020 has fuller routes and it seems that we are just getting good graphics in TSW2020. They gotta get on the ball with enhancing TSW2020 and fixing the bugs. I am glad that we have content in TSW but it is ridiculous how many people in the community are bringing up the same issues. I really hope our suggestions are being taken into consideration to make the best of TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  5. tallboy7648

I hope so as well. People want new routes but I think they need to fix the core game of tsw first to be honest. You would think by now Dovetail Games would address these issues. It's getting out of hand and I agree with you when you say TSW is just Train Simulator but with better graphics. They just can't stop being greedy. All they want is money

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

I prefer dovetail to take their time when making routes so passengers work properly and they actually make lines that go to their actual destination instead of making new lines that don't go full way and have little to no passengers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reeonix

Reeonix Member

Are you sure about this? As far as I can tell there's been no mention of extensions to this route. We've never had route extensions in Train Sim World and that probably won't change anytime soon.

• Like Like x 3
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

tallboy, sam, epic, you’re going to have to stop with the multiple profiles, we can tell you’re all the same person and it’s getting annoying you saying the same things over and over and using your other profiles to agree with yourself. Even namedropping your other profiles in the post, how obvious do you want to get.

TrainSim-Dmitri can you look into this issue for us, cheers.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Epictrainz9466

Epictrainz9466 New Member

I don't even know these people and they seem to be stating their opinion. Others agree with them as well, if you don't like it then don't read it. We all have a right to state our opinions.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tallboy7648

I find it rude for you to think that I would make multiple accounts with no proof

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No proof. But not a two pipe case for Sherlock. Well, here goes....

Three profiles are created within days of each other with usernames that resemble each other, they only post one thread each, all of which have the exact points about GWE extension and DTG being lazy and greedy, and how it’s not a sim or full experience, they all use the same phrases and language pattern, the posts are mainly copy and paste with some rephrasing, and all three profiles only post on each other’s single threads to “totally agree” with each other, and are not at all active on any other part of the forum, except for one old post about a GWE extension, where the same points are made. Enough for you?

As for it being rude, I’d have thought that epictrainz copying your thread title and post almost word for word would appear to you as being rude but you just commend his post with a nice agreeable comment. Fishy.

Anyway that’s my final word on the matter. The only reason I’m even giving it the time of day is because I’ve got pandemic boredom. Hey ho, keep your self or selves safe.

• Like Like x 7
  12. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

If you look at the time stamps, they post pretty close together. Maybe pandemic boredom got the best of them so they created multiple accounts with nothing better to do.

13. tallboy7648

I would assume he/she just agreed with what i said and simply gave an suggesstion. This fourm is literaly called "Route Suggestions and Proposals" so I don't see a problem. I agreed with it, even if it seemed similar. It's nice for people to elaborate on what another person said. That's not rude. they did give a valid point. Just because something seems similar doesn't mean you should say that's a problem or say that it's the same person making different accounts. that person may not be in the forums because he/she may have other things to do. Also the usernames are completly different

14. tallboy7648

now that's just rude. espically with nothing but assumptions. It's all assumptions. looks like the pandemic is getting to you people. I don't know those people so I can say it's coincidental,

15. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I did a bit of research myself, for fun. Looking at the recent activity on tallboy7648 there are only three threads that he has posted in, all of which are about the extension of routes in TSW. I did a quick search on one page of each (except this one obviously) and Sam6489 had posted in those threads, but for Epictrainz9466 I found nothing, but then again I didn't do any searching on other pages. It is possible that at least two of the users are connected, but all three could be stretch.

• Like Like x 2
  16. tallboy7648

ok i don't know epictrainz9466 or sam6489 so I don't understand why people are thinking that

17. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

It's the same IP for three of these accounts so the bans were issued accordingly.

Dmitri

• Like Like x 9
  18. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

So they were banned?

19. tallboy7648

Who's getting banned

20. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

tallboy, sam, epic, are the same account so that they can both agree with each other [each other= himself]so dmitri is banning him/she.from what I can see not my opinion

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. taybarker15

taybarker15 New Member

Anyway i Remember Matt saying they are focusing on getting new content out first instead of extending routes as extending old routes would just use up there time from creating new stuff

22. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

yeah that's kinda true

• Like Like x 1
  23. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

That’s why third party’s are working on creating DLC’s for the old routes like Long Island railroad?

24. tallboy7648

I don't know those other two accounts. The hell

25. tallboy7648

Hopefully third party support soon, because more and more people are getting annoyed by Dovetail making short routes

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  26. tallboy7648

They just want to make more routes that will probably continue to be short to just Chuck in more money. I mean people have been asking for extensions for a long time.

27. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I'm getting this from what other people are saying.I don't know if this is true but Dmitri said the account's had the same ip address

• Like Like x 1
  28. tallboy7648

I don't know them other accounts though. Must be a mistake.

29. UnlimitedMagic

Yes you do
    You have the same IP address from them
    Even Dmitri said

• Like Like x 2
  30. UnlimitedMagic

806E73DE-7DA2-4017-A599-BFB287AAC236.jpeg
    They banned the two accounts because if you go to their profile pages an Error appears

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  31. tallboy7648

Again I do not

32. UnlimitedMagic

There isn’t any point denying cause if you do it’s just make yourself look worse
    If you don’t we can just accept it and move on.

• Like Like x 2
  33. tallboy7648

How I said again, I don't know those accounts, if you don't believe me then don't. I don't care at this point

34. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The CSX Sand Patch Grade could be extended to add more passenger stations. Then the extension could include the following locos: an Amtrak Genesis P42DC, CSX ET44AH, CSX ST70AH (or SD70ACe-T4), CSX AC6000CW, or CSX 3GS21B Genset Switcher. Rolling stock could include Amtrak passenger cars, more intermodal cars, and a few other modern freight cars.

• Like Like x 3
  35. tallboy7648

I wouldn't mind seeing csx

36. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Is this true? Is there currently a 3rd-party developer like for example Rivet Games working on a LIRR branch. You don't need to release to much info because I know were that can end up but keep it simple.

37. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

So far rivet games has released the main spessart Bah locomotive add on and there’s a group developing content for the lirr https://train-sim-world.fandom.com/wiki/MTA_Content_Development

38. tallboy7648

Thank God that an extension of the port Washington branch is in the works. DTG definitely needed this third party support.

39. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Wow I can't believe it 2 new add ons for one of my favorite routes. DTG could add M3 services to the port washington branch. I have seen train in real life that run there. DTG or other 3rd-party developers should work on finishing the Montauk branch or adding the Port Jefferson branch. All in all this is great news for all of you railfans who love MTA trains such as these. I loved working on these routes.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Who knows when that extension comes out. There may be a new train coming with it. How do you think DTG will price the add ons?

41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think that’s just a community group who would like to make something once the editor is released. The editor has not been released yet, so it won’t be in development. Rivet are the only third party confirmed to be making content for TSW.

42. tallboy7648

The new Extension of the port Washington branch will probably cost either $9.99 or $19.99 and maybe the m9 could be the new train that comes with it since the m3 is coming out this may

43. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They won’t be pricing anything because that extension isn’t happening. Someone’s got the wrong end of the stick.

44. tallboy7648

Well in the future

45. Louis-MTA NYCTA

1. I take this as being very rude and very unnecessary. This specific thread was for planned DLC ahead. Ok I might have gotten carried away a little bit but we all do. This rude comment you expressed at the end was really not necessary. Please in the future think about what you decide to post to the thread(s).
    2. You also simply stated "They won’t be pricing anything because that extension isn’t happening" That does not mean that the route add on will never be released or be made, There is always a chance or possibility that this add on may be made or released.

46. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I didn’t mean you had got the wrong end of the stick, merely that someone along the line has taken someone else’s desire to make an extension and stated here that it’s actually happening. The thread is like a conversation, and from the post that announced the fictitious extension to this point is only a few posts, including one from me pointing out the wrong end of the stick to the person who grasped it. I was helping you (and anyone else reading) by telling you that “someone” had got the wrong idea. Each post isn’t in isolation, that’s why these things are called threads. You even asked if it was true in an earlier post. I answered that, although not directly to you.

Also, this thread isn’t for planned DLC, it was started by a fake account having a massive rant, copied from another thread. It’s probably best if we let it die now.

• Like Like x 3
  47. tallboy7648

I don't think it was copied, he/she just started an opinion

48. UnlimitedMagic

Maybe although I might have to agree with stujoy

49. tallboy7648

Welp it's your opinion

50. tallboy7648