Bessemer & Lake Erie No Longer For Sale On Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blacknred81, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So was scrolling thru TS2020's DLC, and I noticed that the Bessemer & Lake Erie Route is no longer available to purchase per the Publisher request. Any idea why they route has been removed for sale? I haven't seen any news or info that would warrant its removal.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

That's weird considering it was only released about a year or 2 ago. I saw a while back that the blueprints for the route had been removed from Steam's database, preventing me from uploading any scenarios for the route to the workshop. Perhaps this was planned for a while? It's a really good and relatively new route so I don't know why it was removed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That is really strange that it is not available, hopefully it was taken down in error and will be put back up sometime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Thats odd indeed. Its one id like for sure as well...

PS: yep, quick google search brings up possibly a cached version in korean (i think)

Usually top of google search has steam purchase link

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is possible the G-Trax might wish to update the route or maybe just sell it direct
    They have a number of other routes you can only get from the publisher or other sourves
    http://www.gtraxsims.com/

Peter

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I went to g-trax website and clicked on the link for this route and does take you the steam store where I found this message

Notice: At the request of the publisher, Train Simulator: Bessemer & Lake Erie Route Add-On is no longer available for sale on Steam.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Quote from RWA. "There were once again some naming issues that came up and the creators decided that rather than spend their time trying to fix everything they would just agree to it being pulled. When they get the time they are planning on doing something like was done with the Portland Terminal which was reborn as the Maine Maritime. I have no idea if it will be free or payware."

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Blacknred81

Update from Rick via RWA on the status of the B&LE route, from November 8th
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I guess train sims will end up like flight sims eventually, where real company names/logos are mostly never seen on payware products, only fictional ones, or simple blank liveries...

10. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Guys,

Normally I would chime in here and just provide some clarification to the position. However, because we're really talking about a legal situation, I'm not able to share any detail right now.

I will say though, that this is certainly not the last you're going to see of this superb route. We just need to get the legal situation in the right place.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

For people who have bought the original one, since the G-Trax mentioned there was just a branding change but no actual route change, I hope people get the 'new' one for free or a reduced price (it is possible to check what it is your library and apply a certain discount, other games and product on Steam do it, as it checks Steam App ID's, which are not removed once a product it removed from sale).

Or will it be that if we want to use the new one, it would require a complete new purchase (which I think it will because of reasons).

• Like Like x 1
  12. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Rob,

Not sure of your reasoning behind wanting the same route twice - could you elaborate please? As you've said, "just a branding change but no actual route change".

Best, Steve

13. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

TrainSim-Steve Without wanting to put words in anyone else's mouth: I guess the two reasons people might feel the need to buy it again was if updates/bug-fixes aren't applied to the old route, or if workshop content isn't compatible between the two routes.

14. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

If the route is uploaded to the same Steam ID, it should be compatible with any existing scenario's using the assets and the route as it is the same. But existing owners will loose branding as the files are updated (existing owners keep their content, but new people won't be able to buy the content).

If it is a different ID (eg, not as an update but as a new release), the existing scenario's won't work on the new route and vica versa because for the game it is a different route.

Not specific only workshop content but also external scenario's / routes (if using assets from it) if available.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  15. Lenny

Lenny New Member

If you have not yet been notified, it has been released at RWA, Under Pennsylvannia Steam.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. Blacknred81

Disappointing it wasn't re-released on Steam, but at least it will continue on similarly as Portland Terminal lives on as Maine Maritime.

17. Schnauzahpowahz

I cant believe its free. Im glad its back as i didnt have the original before it was swept asunder

Just hope scenario makers will post up on rwa, thats the main take away

Rwa skins, yes. Routes, yes. Assets, yes

Scenarios, no - not really ever :(

18. Blacknred81

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Schnauzahpowahz

^ that pack is for the original BLE owners only, if i understand

I hope someone whips up an ore car tram loader scenario- neat things

20. Måns Johannesson

Måns Johannesson Member

Exactly, it is the scenarios that are supplied with the Pennsylvania steam package so that the owners of the original route can have them to.

Also note in the description for the Pennsylvania steam route: This new version is functionally identical to the old Steam release and both are fully compatible with each other (for scenarios, repaints, …)