PC Spotter Contol

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, May 1, 2020.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Hi all

In the POWER LINE scenario, of the US CSX trains, you must use the spotter control to move the train to the turntable, but when I press the spotter control, nothing is happening except for the power needle going up

And I can not find any information about how to use the spotter control anywhere

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The spotter buttons use the battery to power the traction motors, if the locomotive is shut down.

3. rat7_mobile

I guest that much, but how do you make the train move, I pressed the button for the foward, but it does not move, what else do I have to do to move the train into position

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Make sure the handbrake is released.

5. rat7_mobile

I did all of that but it still does not move

I did notice that when I press the back one, the direction arrow appears, but for the front one it is still in the neutral position

6. thrashmetal86

thrashmetal86 New Member

I ran into this "feature" when I tried to do that scenario... It says the locomotive is defueled, but it really isn't. You can start it if you flip the Fuel Pump breaker in the fuse cabinet to on and start it like normal to make it move.

7. rat7_mobile

But it will not progress pass the request to use the turntable and the spotter control, I was able to start the motor as you said, but the scenario does nothing

8. rat7_mobile

Since it is required to use the spotter control to move the tain for the scenaio to complete, can some one please tell mee stepp by stepp what to do to get this done

Thank you in advance

9. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The scenario appears to be bugged and the Spotter buttons won't do anything.
    A quick search on the Steam forums found this:

So... you just start the loco and move it that way (even though the scenario tells you you can't)
    1) under Power/Brake gauge - all 3 buttons to ON (up)
    2) open back panel, reset Main Breaker lever (to OFF then back to ON), turn on fuel pumps
    3) go to the back, open engine room, PRIME the engine (LEFT, count to 7) then Start (RIGHT, count to 10)
    ***4) go back to the cab and switch from Start/Stop up to RUN on the back wall
    5) get back in the seat and drive :)

#4 IS IMPORTANT

10. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah, annoyingly the spotter buttons have been broken since the physics upgrade last year... and in true DTG fashion, it's never been fixed.

11. rat7_mobile

I did all of that before, and I moved the train to be hookup to the first one that I was driving, but the scenario, you know the black box on the left side top of the screen, is stuck in the use the spotter control turntable information, and until you do it the way the scenaio wants it (or so it seems) you can not get to the next step of the scenario

PS I do not know what is the steam forum

12. rat7_mobile

So basically, what you are saying is this scenario can not be done anymore