Gaurd Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ehrenholt, May 6, 2020.

1. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Add a gaurd mode so we can operate doors using the panels (see other thread)
    And dispatch with whistles and close our local door ect. Just make it so that the driver doesn't open the doors even if we can only control the doors via a cab. Just have a popup menu when you board a train as a passenger saying something along the lines of "do you wish to control the door operation, dispatch and standards of this train, this can be done via a non-driving can or the local.door control panels

• Like Like x 2
  2. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

It would be a good feature to be added to the game in the near future. It can give the players to work as a conductor on a train or it just make it an AI Conducter so it can just be a train driving game.

3. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

This is exactly one example of the good suggestion that we should have feedback on. For example if it is possible, is it planned or something like that. We need some answers. Also if some suggestion is not clearly understandable than ask for clarifying the suggestion.

4. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Good luck with that one!

5. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Thanks :) But I think that everybody have to even try to listen and answer, because in the end all parties will need just luck.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m imagining a guard mode would play out like this.

The train stops at a station and the game instructs you to open the doors.
    You press a button and the doors open.
    The passengers load and after the allotted time the game instructs you to lock the doors.
    You press a button and the doors close.
    You operate a buzzer or blow a whistle and the train departs.
    You stand there, or walk up and down the train, until the next station.
    You then repeat your button presses, buzzers and whistles for each station.

Being able to use the correct panels throughout the train, if fitted would be essential for this to have some kind of realism for the player. Taking away the standard allocating loading times and putting the player in charge of when a train departs would make it more interesting. Anything more than that (checking tickets etc.) would require interaction with the passengers, which I can’t see happening, as they are basically dynamic scenery. You would have to use your imagination for that bit I think.

I can’t see myself using such a feature much though, but maybe more than I travel as a passenger now. I love the driving too much.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Agree, I can't imagine I'd ever use an option where I get to open and close the doors, but not do any of the actual driving. Even if they developed the ability to interact with the zombie passengers and collect tickets, I think that would lose its novelty value very quickly.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Hellooooooo

9. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member