Tsw: Marvelous Metropolitans!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 24, 2020.

1. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

The PS4/XBox One variations of TSW are optimized to run on their port systems. Hard drive/storage space does not determine how well the game will run. Remember, the hardware in the PS4 or Xbox One is 7 years old.

2. jerome9987

jerome9987 New Member

You have to look at RDR2 and MW those a way bigger games than TSW and they are able to run fine

3. malikrthr

File size of a game for any system (PC, console) does not determine how well the application runs. There are many things that need to be considered, Also factor in the level of optimization TSW has for the console, as well as the graphics engine. For example, Gran Turismo was developed in a sense where it constantly maintains 60fps for the Playstation console. TSW is still continuously being improved on through updates and service packs so it will take time for it to reach the level of smoothness that a completed game has, but none the less, it appears that it runs just fine for PS4.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Imagine TSW like butter and u have to smear it in order to get the level u want. That is what Dovetail is doing with the graphics. They are continusly improving untill they get the consistency they want

• Like Like x 2
  5. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

TSW is way better is terms of graphics and smoother then when it was first out in 2018 who remembers it crashing like all the time. I DO and It was horrible. I was using an Xbox One X and even still it would not perform great. But now it performs sweet and smooth. Kudos go to DTG for optimising TSW 2020.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Also when the editor gets released many communities will be able to create extensions and add ons. This will also include the 3rd-parties who will be making content. This will be regarded as the "Golden Age" of TSW 2020. But until then we are just stuck with what DTG produces which is mostly on the positive side. Most of these add ons will be released for the consoles because the consoles can handle these. I truly love how DTG optimised TSW 2020 for consoles it was a great step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 3
  7. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

not really, youre mostly right but the graphics most definitely arent better......if anything their a fair bit worse, specifically wet platform textures.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Louis-MTA NYCTA

It's clear consoles are inferior to PC. But for a console to handle these Unreal Engine 4 graphics clearly speaks power.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I also would love to see how DTG plans so simulate the classic Budd Air Intakes on the sides of the M3. The point of the air intake on the sides was to provide fresh air to cool the motors and the passengers but the design was very unique and the M3 has the most efficient vent intake of all of the Metropolitans. The air intake often made a very loud noise similar to an AC. The roofs have air vents but they are for passing the air not providing it to the passengers.
    Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 5.52.49 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Since we still have no official release date yet. I'm expecting the release of the LIRR M3 this week on the 12th or 14th. Although next week is starting to become a strong candidate but only time will tell. I hope it's released this week. DTG is doing one of those "Not mention release date type DLC until it gets released" I like this approach because it creates more hype but it is really annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it will be this week as there is still no steam listing for it. Generally once the listing appears, add on another week or two for the actual release.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I still think the release will probably be May 21, we would have heard something by now if it was to be released on the 14th.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

My prediction is a steam listing his week and a release on the week beginning 24th

• Like Like x 1
  14. Louis-MTA NYCTA

That is true. But who knows for sure. I'm still bearing with this weeks possible release but I knew they did not update steam yet. But hey they could update it last minute. However with that being said and what DTG has done in the past it is fairly unlikely. I'm now considering towards a May 24th release. But I still hope it is released this week. I love all the speculation and estimations. Wow even if it was announced a few days early it must be a really big project for DTG to have been so quiet and is taken this long.

15. LIRRGuy

Im starting to suspect it is more than the M3 they are working on.

• Like Like x 1
  16. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

They've already said in the past that route extensions aren't working in TSW yet, don't get your hopes up. And DTG doesn't really pull surprises like that. In a stream yesterday, Matt calmly restated that it was just announced earlier than usual and people were confused.

That being said, what would REALLY be great is if they're also working on an update to the core route. Its been confirmed many times that the M3 DLC adds no new services, but if they really wanted to... could they add more services to the base LIRR route? VERY unlikely, but hey.

More realistically, will they fix the signalling? There's still a bunch of bugs there, and in the past they fixed the PZB bugs in Rapid Transit when the BR 182 came out, so it's not... completely improbable.

LESS realistically, if they sneak an MP15AC in there (modified from Caltrain) than I'm sure everyone who paid for 2 DLC in Peninsula Corridor while the LIRR has the "new passenger train for variety" and "MOW switcher thing" packaged together will probably riot.

• Like Like x 3
  17. LIRRGuy

Make sense.....But i wasn't talking about anything else. I was mostly talking about whe. Dimitri or one of the devs stumbles upon an unannouced DLC for TSW....so that got me thinkin

18. raildan

Yeah, but that was during the Tees Valley stream, suggesting it would probably be something that would appear on Tees Valley... besides, it's been a few months since British content has been released.

By the way, I think it's safe to completely disregard my MP15 idea, given the achievement on SteamDB mention nothing of it. I mean... maybe they just aren't adding them until they announcr it, to be sneaky? Almost certainly not.

...hey, I can dream, ok? It would be such a cool pack! And how much work would it really take if they have an MP15 and even ballast hoppers on the PC route? Just some quick DC-to-AC adjustments, small LIRR-specific changes, especially to the cab interior, ATC, and some new paint... I just hope the community backlash bound to follow it would make them make an MP36 / MP15 bundle on steam so everything's fair, and I'd buy all 3 dlc without waiting for a sale

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

May 24 would be a good date for me because it's also my birthday but I really think it's going to be next week

20. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Just Trains will be streaming TSW for the first time. Makes you wonder if they made that thing that Dmitri saw... 909DA91E-BF9A-476B-8893-FA869BD267E1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  21. LIRRGuy

Hopefully since next week is upon us starting tommorow, maybe it could be released between Sunday and the 25th....i have a few guesses May 12th, May 14th, May 20th, May 21th, and May 24th..........my patience is really waring thin right now like non existent at this point since DTG is treating it like a Route DLC

• Like Like x 1
  22. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

I wouldn't want to run a new train on a buggy route so I do hope they're working on those ATC/signal bugs..

I'd like to think that's what they're doing so that there'd be an update before or along with the release of the M3 but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I found this last night? 5 achievements for the M3 when it finally releases

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  24. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

How can you see the achievements?

25. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

They're located with the 217 achievements on the front page. You'll have to scroll down to the very bottom in order to view.

Attached Files:

• pic.JPG
      pic.JPG
      File size:
      112.1 KB
      Views:
  26. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Beat me to it

27. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

ok that makes sense

28. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I tuned into the stream today & heard that matt is going to voice act a new dlc tutorial so that's maybe the m3.(note I need to find the time stamp) go to 59:30

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Now that I think about it. Bug fixes to the LIRR route might be coming with the M3 add on. Why just release a train but not fix the various route issues while your at it. Sill wearing that pink headset Matt hehe.

30. LIRRGuy

Bug fixes are also coming to other routes as well.....i think its not just it was annouced a few days early, i think its also the fact they may be working from home and they are short of a developer.

31. malikrthr

I think this may happen as well. Similarly with the release of the M2/M4 DLC, I believe the New York-New Haven route received slightly updated assets for the scenarios that were specific to the M2/M4 DLC. I could be wrong about that though but I think it could happen when the M3 releases. Perhaps the scenarios that feature the M3 or M3 mixed with M7 may have fixes to the bugs that we currently experience with the LIRR route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Very interesting indeed. I just want the M3 to be released already. I understand it is still in the development process. But when I first saw the M3 post I was literally speechless I couldn't believe that it was coming to TSW. Now I have lost that energetic adrenaline that I had with the M3 when it was first officially announced. But I will still most certainly buy the M3. Because I love trains in general and especially ones that I know and love.

• Like Like x 1
  33. LIRRGuy

Me too. Imma buy it. The adrenalin will kick back in trust me. Once it releases u will not just drive the M3 in TSW for practice u will also driving it irl......u r really lucky.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Louis-MTA NYCTA

News: Regarding the M3 in real life. The M3 trains that currently operate as stated in the DTG article will be running for a few years to come, until at least 2024 when the new order of M9 trains comes to replace them. Now M9 trains do run today but only a handful operate in services. To compensate for the new M9 trains a few M3 trains have been retired. The MTA plans to keep roughly 100 of the 174 M3 cars in service until 2024 due to the issues/delays with the M9 order. However it currently is unknown if the Metro North Railroad will keep their M3A in service. I presume a few of the M3A will be kept until the M9 order has replaced them. Overall enjoy the Budd M3/M3A while they are still operating, soon they will be leaving forever. The Budd M3 is truly a marvel of which has stood the test of time for 36 years and counting. They were built during a time of change and reform of the MTA NYCTA and are the last surviving of its type car series They are not the newest or the oldest but they surely are marvels to behold let alone operate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Last time I rode a M3 was to Huntington the 5 06 express but crazy cuz i thought m3 be retired by next year!

36. malikrthr

I agree, once the M3's are gone. it will definitely be the end of an era for the EMU's as all Budd built cosmopolitans will be retired and most likely scrapped. I hope Metro North and LIRR preserve their M3/M3A, similar to how Metro North preserved a Metro North M2 set at the Danbury Railway Museum. If LIRR/Metro North preserve one pair of M3/M3-A, I have a feeling the LIRR M3 would be preserved at the Riverhead Railroad Muesum and the Metro North M3A may be preserved at Croton Harmon. We definitely gotta capture our railfan window pictures and videos because once the M3/M3A are gone, it is a wrap for the getting nice track views from the railfan window. I remember in 2018, seeing a video of LIRR M3s headed off to scrap. CSX towed them on some flatcars along the Hudson line. I think Metro North will keep their M3A's well into the 2020's, as they were rebuilt 12 years ago and have been retrofitted with PTC. I definitely like how the good ol' Budd built M3/M3A run on the railroad. A nice smooth ride compared to the M7/M7A overall.

37. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

On YouTube?

38. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Probably Twitch.

39. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I hope that they add a scenario or timetable for long island city.When I updated tsw to TSW 2020 I thought they added a new station but I realised it was long island city but there was only one scenario change at jaimaca.They need to add more trains to this station there many people who forget about this station along with hunterspoint ave

• Like Like x 3
  40. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

change at Jamaica is my favorite scenario I liked it when you use to ride on one of the Atlantic trains I hope they’ll extend the route further to Long Beach,far rockaway or Babylon.

41. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I agree. I was hoping select M3 services could terminate at Long Island City via Hunters Point but based on what I know that is not the case. The Belmont park branch also has too few services. I mostly disregard these stations because most of the time they are inaccessible. I was also hoping with the addition of the M3 there would be train traffic in the various yards throughout the system and not only in scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  42. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

the M3 will be revealed on Wednesday btw

43. LIRRGuy

Hopefully it means a possible release on thursday idk tho

44. raildan

What do you mean by "revealed," it's already been announced? Where are you getting this information from?

• Like Like x 2
  45. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

• Like Like x 3
  46. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

If you follow their twitter or facebook or even instagram, you get better information than their forums lol

• Like Like x 1
  47. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Another boring DLC coming....
    Check this pro-ride. We need this!

• Like Like x 1
  48. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

That's amazing that they've finally announced that the M3 will be able to be viewed by the public. I'm really hoping that the Leslie RS2M would sound better than the M7's in-game.

49. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Apparently, the M3 will be streamed on youtube on Wednesday on the Train Simulator channel.

50. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Obviously not in these forums looks like everyone has to have a twitter account to get this info. Looks as if these forums mean nothing to DTG.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1