PC Keyboard Shortcuts - "stand Up From Seat" But No "sit Down In Seat"

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rogge, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Rogge

Rogge Member

If i am sitting in the cab of a loco i can press the E-key on my keyboard to perform "Stand up from seat". But now when i am standing up i the loco i have not yet found a keyboard shortcut that i can use to sit down again.

I must use the mouse and point down at the seat, but i just want a keyboard shortcut. The reason behind it is that i have by mistake pressed the E-key when i drive and have not yet found an easy convinient way to take me back down in the seat.

I drive with the Xbox controller, so i don´t have my hand on the mouse and even if i had i always aim to use the keyboard as much as possible.

What did i miss? :)

2. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Don't think there is a shortcut.. only pointing at the seat and e

3. Henry

Henry New Member

Just point to the seat again and it will tell you to sit in seat. No brainer there.

4. Rogge

Rogge Member

Yes, but i wrote that i want to use the keyboard as much as possible.

5. J van E

J van E Member

It simply isn't possible. A few things can only be done while pointing at things and then pressing E, like opening doors and sitting somewhere.

6. CaptHart

CaptHart New Member

Actually E does not open doors, it is reserved for changing the state of the driver, like from seated to unseated or from on the ground to on the train. That being said, I suppose E could be mapped to the equivalent of sit in the nearest seat if an actual seat isn't targeted at the time. I know in the class 166 you can actually target a first class seat through the rear wall of the cab with the door closed and warp through the wall to sit there with the E key, so careful testing of unexpected consequences would definitely be needed if a non-targeted E seating command was implemented.