Honest Opinions On Train Sim World 2020 For Xbox One

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by konarktriv7, May 15, 2020.

1. konarktriv7

konarktriv7 New Member

My birthday is coming up in a few days and I’ve been looking at the console version of TSW 2020 for Xbox One and being a newb to these types of games I’d watched a few videos on it and it looks pretty awesome. A concern I have though is how does it control on a controller? Is it as good as a mouse and keyboard and is there anything else I need to be aware of?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Honestly - it's GREAT! :)
    I've been looking for a train sim on console for more than ten years and took the chance to buy TSW a year ago.
    If you have a minimum of experience in using controllers then operatingTSW should be no problem at all.
    Getting to know the locos, all of them with their unique requirements, is a higher challenge but absolutely doable. :cool:

The most noticable limitations are the camera controls (obviously no hotkeys on the controller) and some detail operations which have to be used manually.

Aside from the controls there surely are some issues and bugs, some of them regarding consoles only. But I haven't seen any bug-free game in the last 15 years and those in TSW are hardly game-breaking to be honest.

The annual updates themselves are free, the base game bundles differ once a year as well, giving you an opportunity to save a significant amount of money compared to buy the DLCs individually.

So after a year with TSW I'd definitely recommend it to anybody interested in trains and consoles.

Driving along whilst sitting on the couch with a nice drink and some snacks is incredibly relaxing. :cool:;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. mDaro

mDaro New Member

I just started playing. It's buggy, like really buggy. Did the Union Pacific GP38 tutorial. Had to restart it twice because I couldn't select the latch to lock the engine door, TWICE. You can;t move forward until the door is closed and latched. Finally was able to finish the tutorial on the third attempt.

Just did the Cal Tran tutorial. I'm on my third try. First time had to restart because I didn't use the throttle handle with the cursor to start the train moving, I used the trigger. Couldn't get it to go past notch 1. Second try I turned on the bell at the station and then couldn't turn it off......it was driving me crazy.

The scenarios seem to be less buggy. When you do the tutorials follow exactly what the screen says, don't touch anything else.

4. mDaro

mDaro New Member

Tried finishing the second scenario for CalTran and I'm stuck. AGAIN, followed the directions to a T and now the train won't move to store and finish the scenario. WTF. This now five times restarting because of bugs. Been decding which sim to buy for the laptop. After this buggy mess and I haven't even done anything past the tutorials I will not be purchasing another copy of any of the TSW games. This is ridiculous.

5. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Are you absolutely followed it to a T? If you are having any problems possibly watch one of the YouTube videos on the scenario as you may of missed something

• Like Like x 1
  6. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you JonnE. TSW is a very able train simulator that works fine on console.

7. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

What I would say to the OP is to shop around and/or wait for the sales, also there are different versions that contain more or fewer routes, well worth doing your research and then shopping around for the best value edition.

8. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

I would recommend getting the Collectors Edition since u get Northern Transpenine Penisula Corridior Long Island rail road great western railway Main spessart Bahm

• Like Like x 1
  9. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

And you will get Rhein Sieg Nord with the Collector's edition additional.