This Is Getting Out Of Control

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CoyoteMan, May 15, 2020.

1. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

The official Train Sim Discord is now banning anyone who criticizes Dovetail games. I’m not sure if this is by the direction of DTG or the discord staff themselves. I absolutely positively can not support this game anymore.

There are thousands who still can’t use the M3 on console due to bugs. The route itself is still broken in many ways. This whole platform is flying the handle.

• Like Like x 7
  2. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

Stated on the rules page we put right at the top we ARE NOT an official server. All users were required to read the rules for this very reason.

3. MarkusLiberty

MarkusLiberty Active Member

It's a fan server, I'm sure you can find another TSW server out there that is more to your liking. You could always make your own? :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

That's a really good idea Markus! I strongly believe in people creating their own communites and glad to see someone else had the same idea!

5. centralregionallines

centralregionallines New Member

I mean if I parted with with the kind of money most people have for TSW and theirs tons of errors and the game not playable of course I would say something about it and or want my money back like a sane consumer. But all of my TS was given to me as gifts so its not too much of a pain to just walk away and play something else like Cities:Skylines.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I suspect that dividing up communities into echo chambers is part of the problem, and isn't particularly productive (although people are obviously free to associate with whomever they wish)..

My guess is that as soon as some of the more fanatically devoted members set up their own Discord, splitting out from the main one, that the main one then took action to redefine what was acceptable in terms of criticism of DTG, and went way too far. So now one Discord community has become three... An ultra-fanatic one, an ultra-defensive one, and an ultra-critical one...

What you need is a space where all of these groups can meet and not just be heard... but be listened to.

That's just my observation... based on not very much at all, other than a hunch.

It's madness. But... it reflects the world in 2020.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Easy to do - when Cities:Skylines is free on PS Plus in the month of May.... ;-)

8. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Right.. one which you clearly seem to think isn’t a human right.. but a privilege to be apart of. I, myself, was hardly that active to begin with. But did find it to be a place where more most of the community seemingly had views that were valid and rightfully expressed as such.

I can respect that it is supposed to be a safe space, but honestly a few of you moderators have trouble with making judgment calls in what you consider toxic or constructive criticism. Like the line is blurred.

And because some others in the sidelines, run and whine and make their little complaints about what is said, even if the statement/claims are valid. It’s reasonable cause to just people ban from not one but two servers?!

It was honestly too overly fascist for me anyways. And while it is allegedly a fan server, it does seem to reflect just how things run pretty much in the same fashion as it is behind the scenes at DTG..

• Like Like x 3
  9. centralregionallines

Its when questionable things like this happen that people start looking for ways to pirate the game and DLC

10. centralregionallines

Plus Derail Valley is doing a giveaway right now.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. rare_common_sense

I personally wouldn’t condone that. I’d just rather stop supporting the product altogether. But there’s clearly trouble going on behind the scenes and the departing/employee turnaround always is a clear indication that there is a problem from a managerial standpoint. But when you have a server that is supposedly representing a product along with the company behind it.. allowing the kind of mess that took place today... definitely bad representation.

12. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

a mass ban wave of some of the most active people in the community for simply expressing distrust and concerns about the developer is not only shallow but damaging to the entire community.

what you have done is hurting everyone. Shutting down avenues of communication is not healthy.

• Like Like x 4
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If active members of the commoanity have been banned from a discord server, then please don’t bring them over here to the forum. We’re still clinging on to 5% positivity here, I’d hate for that to drop to 4% :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. rare_common_sense

Compared to many others.. you're fairly new here.. they already been here... welcome

• Like Like x 1
  15. Deebz__

Deebz__ Well-Known Member

Can confirm, the moderators on that Discord server are unfit for their roles. You can see evidence of that here, with two of them just utterly dismissing any sort of feedback from their members. Markus, in particular, banned me for simply responding to something he said to me in DM after I raised concern with how he handled an earlier situation.

Him: “Wow you must be new to Discord.”
    Me: “Hardly. I own and moderate multiple servers”.

Very interesting to see how so many people lately are realizing how bad that server is. Could it, perhaps, be the moderators? Not the community? Hmmmmm.