PlayStation M3? No, Thanks.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, May 14, 2020.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

LIRR was released on PS4 in November 27th 2018. Yes, Twenty Eighteen. Almost 2 years ago and those lazy asses at DTG didn't fix this bloody tunnel glitch yet. How can you even tell me to buy a full priced LIRR DLC if you're not able to fix this eyesore? Not to mention countless frame rate drops, stuttering, freezing... Sorry, guys, time to give up on TSW.

FB_IMG_1589461007059.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

They are completely aware.....however it is EXTREMELY difficult to fix it. I would start my run at Woodside or Atlantic Terminal

3. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

The DLC is not yet available in the German store, but it is more likely that the disc version is outside again ...

But I wonder what is so different about the M3 that it justifies the purchase at all?

• Like Like x 1
  4. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Its an older model

• Like Like x 1
  5. ildario77

I really can't accept that they cannot fix it cause it's difficult. WTF?!? They made it, they should know how to fix it. I played LIRR after a lot of time and I was shocked by the huge amount of freezing and stuttering, especially near Jamaica. They should make a route playable before selling another pricey DLC... I bought every single DLC cause I loved the concept but now I'm really tired of this company and its unbelievable lack of quality.

6. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I just did the M3 tutorial and the stutter is still there, also the pop-in of the Jamaica station roof itself was very noticeable.

7. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I hate to say it dude that's not a glitch that's just you going faster than the game can process the assets around you it's not a glitch

8. ildario77

It's definitely a loading problem, but it happens even at 5 mph... it seems the southern tunnel, same direction, is not affected.

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Some aspects of LIRR are really bad, the tunnel being the best example. I don’t play it very often now as I’ve got as much as I can out of it and as the M3 has been released into the route in its current state with no improvements I wasn’t in any hurry to get it. First impressions of the M3 aren’t very good from what I’ve read and adding a buggy train to a buggy route will just reinforce the bugs in each other. I guess some of the bugs in the M3 will get fixed but I don’t hold out much hope for the route. Waiting for bug fixes is the worst thing about TSW and some seemingly never come. I wouldn’t go as far as to forget about TSW altogether as I’ve not experienced as much heartache with it as some (yet), and most of the time I still genuinely love it, but buying the M3 is also not for me.

10. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

The M3 doesn't seem too buggy to me (and I use to ride the real one a lot). They even got the lights and HVAC to shut off when there's a large gap in the third rail and come back on when you're back on the third rail! That's realism as these older trains here in NYC did that. (Lights and HVAC power came off of the third rail directly). The only bug I've had on this train was door issues which I just found out is fixed by keeping your brakes at above 50% when in the station. Being a former NYC subway conductor, I did my own way of getting g around this and continuing the trip, although late!

11. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

In the game based on videos I saw, they put the M7 sounds to open/close the M3 doors, that's not supposed to happen

12. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Well in 2019 they released tsw 2020 update and fix car collector trophy after 1 year of release, maybe this year they release a tsw 2021 update and fix framerate issues :D

13. ildario77

Maybe it's me, but, damn, how can you play LIRR without a big sense of frustration? It's not just invisible tunnels or noticeable frame rate drops... the game gets stuck for half a second in a lot of situations, especially approacing that frame rate nightmare called Jamaica Station... I'm a well seasoned videogame player and I NEVER played such a bad piece of code... Other routes have pros and cons, but this one is just terrible.

14. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

The frame rate doesn't really tank when approaching Jamaica, (though the sudden pop-in is kind of annoying). Any frame rate drop usually is because of another M7 passing by, and even then its rare and you'll pass by them quickly.

Its far from perfect and I do wish at some point the LIRR would be rebuilt in the game with better optimization, but its not like the route is unplayable either. Its a great way to experience what a commuter railroad is like, with a great blend between suburban and city scenery, big and small stations, and just about everything in between. Theres nothing quite like a summer evening trip making express stops from Hicksville to NY Penn while the sun is setting. The route itself is amazing, it just needs to be revisited and have some more care done to it. Until then, we just have to bare with the bugs

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  15. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Inoticed that when they open but not when they close since the bell ringing is louder than the door closing. But not a big deal for me.
    Having the track speed displayed on the cab signal though, would be handy.

I see you've never heard of a recent game called WWE 2K20. Lol!
    I do understand your frustration though. I was bummed put playing TS2013 on an old laptop and had to downgrade the performance to it's absolute minimum. But those visual glitches I can live with. I don't see a frame rate drop around Jamaica. My gripe though is some of the arrival times. One has me arriving at Penn one minute after leaving west side yard. A lot of Hempstead arrivals seem to be calculated without having ATC activated. Yeah the track speed is 35 but the Signal speed is telling me restricted and I have to go 15.
    Honestly there's a lot that needs to be fixed (like when ronkonkoma trains leave hicksville and head towards Pt Jefferson). But if we were to list them all, we'd be here for days!

16. Observadorpt

Hi

Yes games have bugs, 1 more than others but this game? trophies that doesnt unlock when they should, graphic glitches, serviçes impossible to complete, and yes devs are lazy because 2 years and still a broken game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Calling them lazy doesn't cut it. They are understaffed and overworked because they release far too many DLCs in an extremely short time, which of course affects the quality. Maybe that's because players want more content, but I doubt it. I think there are essentially economic reasons and decisions that are not made by the actual developers, but by the sales people.
    And the corona pandemic does nothing to improve that, quite the contrary, I'm sorry.

18. Observadorpt

Hi

Welcome, in a few days you change your mind.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I am not convinced that the sales people make these decisions.... The over-riding problem (in my opinion) with the M3, and with the CalTrain switcher, is that they are very poor value propositions by themselves. Which leads me to wonder if some innovation on "sales" would yield better results... so, for example, if:

A = number of people that would buy the M3 by itself for $15
    B = number of people that would buy the Caltrain switcher by itself for $15
    C = number of people that would buy the M3 & Caltrain switcher in a double pack, for $15 (for the pair)

then I wonder whether if.......... C > (A+B)

If the double-pack is more than doubly popular (at the same price), then you make more cash, and more people are more satisfied with the value. And.... more people will be tempted to buy a route that they don't already have, if they don't already have it... ;-) Everyone wins. Maybe. Depends on the numbers, and on how many people (D) are prepared to pay $30 for the pair, of course.....;-O

• Like Like x 2
  20. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I did not and will not defend or justify these decisions. I just think I have a small understanding of the economic considerations that could lead to something like this. Of course, every decision that is made contains the possibility of misjudgment.
    When you see that known bugs have not been fixed for a long time, the best assumption would be that the developers were not assigned to do this by a senior person.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Exactly this. It's a management issue. The fantastic programmers, the artists and the engineers are not usually at fault - except for the issues with the Class 47, of course, which wasn't tested on console by the developer, and according to his method of developing..... apparently required "luck" for the port to work on console... but, of course, unfortunately most customers turned out to be "unlucky".....

The management have to make proper asset management, testing and bug fixing a priority, or it just won't get done - including really critical bugs that make a loco unpleasant to use... or as we are seeing with TS1 this week, completely wipes out the signalling layer across multiple DLCs and prevents whole loco DLCs from working at all..... And I fear that this sort of widespread failure with TS1 is also the future for TSW.