Hs1 Ashford & Canterbury To London St Pancras

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by David Harrison, May 18, 2020.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison Member

I think that we can all agree that London to Faversham for Train Simulator was slightly lacking. Yes, the modelling of the 395 was good and the quality/realism of the route was on point. However, this DLC is now over 7 years old being released in 2013. The thing that I feel a lot of people where disappointed with was the fact that 85% of the route was third rail between Faversham and Ebbsfleet. The class 395 is a Hitachi built High Speed train, debuting in 2009. It was built for the 140mph route between London and Ashford on HS1. Yet, for the majority of the 68 minute journey from London to Faversham, we were only able to do roughly 60-70mph, as the time spent on HS1 would only last about 15 minutes.

With the birth of TSW a new era has dawned in the world of Train Simulation, and no Train Simulator would be complete without the Class 395 Javelin. I would like to propose the route from London St Pancras (One of Britain's grandest and most spectacular railway stations) to Ashford International (Kent's link to the Eurostar and East Sussex). This route would contain intermediate stops at Stratford International and Ebbsfleet International. Both large, modern stations, perfect for free roam. The entire route would be spent driving at 140mph (225kph) and the full length would take just under 40 minutes; reaching new speeds in Train Sim World for the first time. With HS2 under construction, HS1 is a true icon in Britain's railway history. If we're lucky, Dovetail may improve on this idea and extent the route to Ramsgate via Canterbury. This would then become a large network, with slightly over an hour of driving time from Ramsgate, and 51 minutes from Canterbury. A southeastern livery for the class 377 we saw in Train Sim World East Coastway could be added and possibly a Colas Rail Class 70 for freight operations?? This addon would also give the possibility for separate loco DLCs for example the Eurostar e320, which could be driven between London and Ashford at 187mph. Which would be insane.

Overall an ambitious yet outstanding route for Train Sim World here. If you included all which I asked for this would probably be the largest UK route currently in the game and would be worth more than the normal price of £25. Combining the fastest and most modern highspeed line in the UK to date as well as third rail commuter traffic in the Kent Downs between Ashford and Canterbury. Below I've shown my own pictures of Ashford International and the Class 395 at London St Pancras. 003.JPG 023.JPG DSCN2565.JPG DSCN2567.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

A route this long wont happen atleast not yet but I think we have a chance of Maidstone West to St Pancras International as this is only 45 miles.

3. cooltoyn

cooltoyn Member

The HS1 high speed route should be extended on train simulator 2021 cos to be fair only going from London st pancras to faversham and sheerness on sea is getting a little bit boring after a while.

4. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

I can't see the London-Faversham including Canterbury but a stretch to Ashford International would make it significantly more interesting.

5. Swedewagon

Swedewagon Well-Known Member

With the Ashford Down Sidings included in the extension

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

London to Ashford would be four stations and with only the 395 in service mode that would be MORE boring rather than less.
    Yes you can go at 140mph, but it's 140mph through tunnels, Stratford, tunnels, then a bit of Essex, another tunnel (with the dartford bridge), ebbsfleet, then a lot of countryside, another tunnel, then more countryside and stop at Ashford - travel time 38 mins

At least if you put Faversham route in you get 140mph through tunnels, Stratford, tunnels, then a bit of Essex, another tunnel (with the dartford bridge), Ebbsfleet, up onto the mainline, 465s, 466s, maybe 700s, 375s, 395s, 9 more station stops - travel time 68 minutes
    and if they do the extension to Sheerness another 4 stations - 18 minutes

The choice is yours but I know which I would prefer

• Like Like x 1
  7. southeastern#7253

southeastern#7253 Member

That would be a really good idea but if they do extend it to Ashford International they they will need to give us a free update instead of paying for it

8. cooltoyn

cooltoyn Member

the London-Faversham route needs to be extended

• Like Like x 2
  9. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Southeastern high speed route to be extended up to to London Victoria and Dover priory and Ramsgate and with the sheerness branch included please because you get a lot a lot of countrysides and trainspotting and it's quite busy on the Kent coast

10. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Also under can we have to rush our passengers passengers

11. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

Margate to Ebbsfleet or Dover to Faversham as extension DLCs would be welcomed, I'm sure. It's a shame that Canterbury West and East are a near half hour walk away from each other. Canterbury is very close to Faversham.

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but on the other hand you are necroposting this 1 year old post since you are not allowed to do that here. Proper starting point for the suggestion is using Ebbsfleet International lower level

13. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

This would probably be too long for TSW, and going full speed for 40 mins gets boring real quick. A colas 70 would be interesting but that would probably be better suited to another route

14. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

dover Priory to Faversham would be cool in TSW2 as extension DLC.

15. onepewpew#8391

onepewpew#8391 Member

Definitely would be good including depot services for the 395

16. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Great idea , I would like see this

17. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

For a route branded as 'High Speed', this is really what should have been done. London to Faversham can and should have been a separate DLC. This route has potential with Eurostar DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I would have liked to have seen Ebbsfleet to Ashford added; it would maybe be an incentive to try and get any licensing for Eurostar services? That is if they can get the licences.