Can't Finish Gwe West World Scenario

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by J van E, Sep 24, 2017.

1. J van E

J van E Member

I did this scenario twice. The first time the HST I had to go to was some 3 miles outside of the station so I had to save and reload the game to proceed. But both times, after waiting 15 minutes (who ever thought this was a nice idea?!?!?) the train won't move at ALL. I am totally stuck. I did everything I had to do (reverser, brakes, throttle, everything) but it seems the train is dead. I also don't hear a single sound of the engines. Nothing happens.

What can I do to FINISH this scenario?!?

2. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

What scenario?

3. J van E

J van E Member

See the topic title. ;) West world.

4. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Did not see that.. have not done that scenario.. must first see it for myself then :)

5. J van E

J van E Member

Good luck with it. ;) The bug where the train isn't in the right spot is a common one that more people have. The fact that I can't get my train going seems to only happen to me so far...

6. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Hi J van E,

If you could contact our support team at dovetailgames.kayako.com and provide as much detail on this issue as possible, they will investigate further and look into what they can do.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

- Jay

7. J van E

J van E Member

Well, I solved my problem by deleting ALL files from the Documents folder (both the TS2Prototype and UnrealEngine folders) which made me start from scratch again. I finished the West World scenarion in one go!

Nice bonus: since deleting those files and creating a new profile I also didn't have that DSD-sound bug (the beeping) at random moments anymore! I had problems with that after the patch. Could it be the patch did something odd with the saved ini's etc...? Anyway, I am happy for now. Just hope the sound will be fixed soon: I hardly hear anything.

8. J van E

J van E Member

O, bummer, scrap that remark about the DSD problem. The very first service after posting this I got that beep again. And since I didn't want to drive 25 minutes with the HST with that utterly annoying beep I quit the game. So now I am not so happy anymore. I do have to add I edited the engine.ini to get rid of the horrible popup of the tracks (viewing distance): I will delete that line again and see what happens then. I did read somewhere that someone only could finish the West World scenario after removing that twea. Maybe those script tweaks screws things up...? I will get back after some more testing.

EDIT
    Just did a service in the 166 without the tweak and no buggy alarm. Could be the tweak or could be HST that is having problems?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  9. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it is a tweak issue.

I was playing Drag Line list night and had very brief instances of an alarm going off in the Class 66. It wasn't the DSD as I had that turned on and it was issuing a different chime.

I don't have any tweaks either. I didn't know you could tweak the game that way.

10. J van E

J van E Member

Ah, ok... I just started a topic about this but well, we'll see. I will keep on testing this anyway.

And btw it could be there are two problems here: one is the DSD beep you get at random times which, quite important, you can't stop in any way and one is where you get a beep which stops automatically. When you got that alarm, were there any trains nearby? I also read about people having problems hearing alarms near trains in a station: as if you can hear the sounds from a train you shouldn't be able to hear. I myself had that happening to me while walking around Paddington, so not even while being in a train! These beeps stopped automatically. The beeps I get at random while driving a train won't stop however.

11. warrilad

warrilad New Member

Same issue here, the HST wont move :( did anyone come accross a fix?