[geml] London Liverpool Street - Stansted Airport - Cambridge Route

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by BenArrowsmith, Apr 21, 2020.

1. BenArrowsmith

BenArrowsmith New Member

I would just like to boost this post about this wonderful route. I think it would be a real asset to have to TS2020 in regards to the views and the pure route itself. The way it starts from the city of Cambridge, and reaches through the beautiful countryside of such places as Audley End, then extending through Harlow and then gradually seeing the world and architecture slowly growing enroute to London from the North.

The route would have so much to offer in regards to the different classes you can drive on this route either the historic liveries and locos that used to operate or driving the classes that currently operate the route. I'm not saying go down to the details of the lines that branch off the mainline, but to focus mainly on the line from Cambridge through Stansted Airport down to Liverpool Street. That in itself would be wonderful. Especially as quite a few of us have grown up on this line, and is one of the major routes for workers traveling to London.

Below is a quote from a thread made a few years ago. Please consider this as the route has so much to offer!

Please let me know any thoughts!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  2. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

The community beat DTG to it again. Someone is building this route and a Class 317/1 is also being built by a community member. Both look good.

But yes, I agree, it's a good route with lots of varying scenery. But given DTG's unfathomable reticence to building AC rolling stock, it would be left to Armstrong Powerhouses 170 and 315s and the upcoming privately built 317/1 to fill in the services. There's no 317/2, 379, 710, 720, 745 or 755 (to be really up-to-date). A BR Blue era one would also need to lean on the 12 year old Class 47 and......that's it, as there are no AC slam door trains in TS2020 (despite there being nearly 500 units built). Let alone the 302s, famous Class 305 "Jazz Trains" and 310s that operated there.

So unless DTG have been working very hard in the lockdown, I think its unlikely they will be adding this route any time soon, sadly. Hold out for the freeware one.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

4. BenArrowsmith

BenArrowsmith New Member

Oh right is there a freeware one coming out for this route then?!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Yes, FB group here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WAGNR

Cambridge to Norwich along with Ely to Ipswich are also under construction. See Alan Thompson Simulations website for details.

6. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Ideas for stations like Stansted Airport and Cambridge and trains like the class 317 and class 360 disiro and class 379 electrostar

7. budtheweiser

Great Idea for the route for the comuter trains to London stanstead airport from London Liverpool street and get it developed as soon as posible

8. budtheweiser

Great Idea for the route

9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Did you really need to post in this topic 3 different times?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2