PC How Do Competing Discussion Forums Benefit Customers ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DampWool, Sep 24, 2017.

1. DampWool

DampWool Member

There is a well established discusion forum on steam and now this new forum.
    I find it inconvenient to trawl through multiple sites for those golden nuggets of information that occasionally appear in posts.
    Please help me understand the DTG strategy in this regard.
    Do you wish for this forum to be the first port of call for feedback ?
    Will DTG be duplicating all news and announcements on both forums ?
    Should I be duplicating my own feedback on both forums ?
    Have you publicised this new forum on steam ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Do you wish for this forum to be the first port of call for feedback ? - Ideally, yes. We are very limited on what we can do on the steam forums in regards to mod controls, data analysis and the like, hence our decision to open this place up.
    Will DTG be duplicating all news and announcements on both forums ? Certainly will!
    Should I be duplicating my own feedback on both forums ? We'd prefer to get it here, but you are welcome to post on both
    Have you publicised this new forum on steam ? We have in our GWE announcement post, we will sticky a thread on there too.

3. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

This forum is much more enjoyable to participate in. No personal attacks and the issues are addressed. Please keep it this way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. J van E

J van E Member

I couldn't agree more. I actually feel at ease here and that doesn't happen often at forums, I can tell you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Barkydog

Barkydog New Member

I think having a forum like this is a very good idea. Since I've always preferred these types of forums as they are easier to post on & have a good community feel to them so hopefully this can continue as we share our thoughts on Train Sim World.

I hope one day we can have a forum like this but for Train Simulator as well.

6. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Only obstacle at this point is nearly 10 years of history on the Steam forums might make a large amount of users apprehensive about moving over, but this is being considered!

- Jay

7. Barkydog

Barkydog New Member

Hi Jay,
    I do hope if Train Simulator gained it's own forum people would come on over & join in. Is the thinking it could be done even on a test or trial basis to see how successful a new Train Simulator forum could be?