Ps4: Free Exterior Camera View

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grdaniel48, May 23, 2020.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi

First as a new member, I would like to thank you for this really great train simulator!

Just 2 complains:
    - German routes are really too short. Mainly considering they have fast trains.
    - We need a heavy american freight route with larger locomotives like ES44AC and SD70AC on PS4
    I noticed CSX s one is not suitable due to console capacity, then make it on a desert zone route, where you have very few scenery objects. Like the ones on Arizona and Texas for UP and BNSF

Now about the specific issue:
    I would like to suggest to modify the position of the camera when you select the free exterior camera view, on PS4
    When I use it, and the train is moving, it is positioned so close to the train, so can not see it properly if its moving.
    It will be better in order to appreciate the train coming, the camera will be at least 100 meters - covering also trains moving fast! - so you can see it, with enough time also in order to position the camera in the place you prefer, before its arrive to that location.

Another issue realted with it, is when you select this camera, the view is not on "camera view mode"!
    So you first must change to it, in order to rotate it and see the train.
    Then please, when this camera view is selecte, "Camera View Mode" must be by default.

Hope this useful for the TSW community

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

What's wrong the free cam????????

3. TrainSim_Fan

You can move the free cam around so?????????

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you read it carefully you will see what the issue is. When you first go to the free camera, it is positioned very close to the train to start with and if you are travelling quickly, the front of the train passes the camera almost instantaneously. The request is that this distance is increased so you have at least a little time to see your train approach the camera.

The second issue is that when you first go to the external camera, the controls are still set to the driver controls, so you need to press a controller button first to enable you to move the camera around. The request was to have the controls default to camera controls when you enter an external camera view.

In case you are not familiar with the way it works on PS4 and Xbox, the same controls are used for operating the train and operating the camera, so when in an external camera view you have to switch between two modes, Camera control and Driver control.

It’s also a good idea that if you don’t understand a question on the forum, don’t try to answer it. You don’t have to post on every thread.

5. TrainSim_Fan

Chill! At least I'm not going round like I made the game. XD

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Your username is rather similar to (imitating?) that of staff members here and you have made 74 posts in less that two days. Don’t come in here telling me I’m going round like I made the game. I just happen to have gained some experience of it and post helpful replies. I am remarkably ‘chill’.

7. TrainSim_Fan

No, I'm play Train Sim and I'm a Fan of the game is that okay. Play they use parentheses between their name.

8. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

It is what I mentioned. If you selected it appears really close to the train. So if it is running fast you missed it!.
    Furthermore when you select this camera, the view is not on Camera View.
    So you have to change it first in order to see the train. But at that time is away.
    If you try to catch it, it is impossible. Because the camera does not move fast.
    So what I am suggesting is something similar as it was on the first Train Simulator from Microsoft.