Pacific Surfliner Doesn't Load

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by amagha, May 25, 2020.

1. amagha

amagha New Member

I have had the Pacific Surfliner DLC for up to 2 months now. I have not had a single problem until a few days ago when I tried to start a quick-drive-scenario. The quick-drive-scenario started to load, but the game takes me back to the home screen and says on the screen: 'Error loading Quick Drive Scenario'. I have also tried using the F59 and the F59-cab-car on a different route and they work fine, I believe it is an issue with the route, not any of the locomotives

Has anyone else run into this problem?

What do I need to do in order to get it to work?

2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I had a look today - the first time I have tried this route - and it all works fine in Quick Drive and in Career, with the F59, and with the F59 Cab Car leading.

Wow - it is a really nice route...! And a really good route for a simulation - love the ramp out of LA. And Union station is just how I remember it from real life. I can see me putting in a few hours on this one. ;-)

3. amagha

amagha New Member

Following up on this thread, is there a way to clear the data just for this DLC?

I've tried to un-install it and re-install it, but with no luck. I also went into the settings and cleared cache and reset progress, but I keep running into the same issue.

What's most frustrating is that this used to work fine, so it seems that it's a recent problem.

When I go into the Build section, all the buildings are there, but there aren't any tracks! I'm wondering if that's the issue! Even when I uninstalled the DLC and re-installed it, the tracks still aren't there.

Any idea as to what might be going on?!

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you untick the DLC in your Steam Client it does not remove the Assets it just stops giving you access to them
    So if Steam finds you have a the *.ap files it assumes everything is ok

Find the Asset Folder railworks\Assets\RSC\PacificSurfliner and
    If you have extracted it then Delete the RailNetwork Folder - that is the one with the tracks
    The tracks should reappear as they are in the PacificSurflinerAssets.ap file

If not you need to Delete the PacificSurflinerAssets.ap file as it might be corrupt
    Then in your Steam Client untick the route then click OK at the bottom
    Re-tick the route and click OK again and Steam will reload the Assets

Peter

5. amagha

amagha New Member

Hi 749006 --

Thanks for providing the detailed steps.

Our RailNetwork folder was not extracted, so we deleted the PAcificSurflinerAssets.ap file (I moved it to the desktop). I then did what you suggested in Steam, unticking the route, clicking, save, re-ticking the route and hitting save again.

As such, the railworks\Assets\RSC\PacificSurfliner looked like this initially:

upload_2020-6-11_17-40-5.png

Then, after we launched the game, the (new) file appeared:

upload_2020-6-11_17-40-22.png

When we launched the QuickDrive scenario, we (again) ran into this error:

upload_2020-6-11_17-40-49.png

We then tried to edit the PacificSurfliner route in the build section and the tracks are still not visible there:

upload_2020-6-11_17-41-23.png

Any further suggestions?

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Regarding the Train not appearing it might be a fault with the Quick Drive rather than the train.
    So try the same train an any other route - does not have to be a US route
    If the train appears then it is the Quick Drive that is faulty

When you go in to Build and the tracks are not visible - as per picture - are they in the 2D map - key 9
    If they are go in to Settings > Graphics > Advanced and see where the Scenery Density slide is -
    move it all the way to the right and go back in to build and check the route again.

What are those tracks to the left?

However if they are not visible in the 2D map then it is a problem for DTG Support
    http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

Peter

7. amagha

amagha New Member

My son was able to fix this.

What he did was: He deleted the RailNetwork folder and in the game--in the build section--he had to delete the Pacific Surfliner route. The assets reloaded as you said they would and he was able to play the route again.

Thanks for your help.