I Shall Call You.....concept

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Marc von Hoffrichter, May 29, 2020.

1. Marc von Hoffrichter

Marc von Hoffrichter Member

My take on proposed British loco content.
    For the Gunzel in us all and for the puritans and pedants.
    I suppose that there would be limited scope for scenarios, that's a given, however, like the published GT3 there is room and I think there will be a fair market for scenarios and for the dlc collectors/poor buggers like me to throw their cash at.
    I know its not for everyone (eyes the stars and bars) but hey old soldiers pensions have to contribute somewhere right?
    BR Modernistation Plan, BR Pilot diesels, Prototypes or rare locos. Take your pick.
    Add if you wish!

BR Modernisation and Rare Diesels Pack(s)

Shunters.

BR Class 13 Master and Slave

Type 1

BR Class 15
    BR Class 16

Type 2

NBL 10800
    BR Class 21 (NBL) D6100-D6157
    BR Class 22 Baby Warship
    BR Class 23 Baby Deltic
    BR Class28 Metrovick
    BR Class 29 Rebuilt Class 21 D6100-03/06-08/12-14/16/19/21/23-24/29-30/32-33/37

Type 3

LMS 10001-10002 The Twins
    BR Class D16/2 10201-10203

Type 4

BR Class 41 Warship D600-D604

Type 5

Super Deltic, never built.
    Edit:
    A 72-ton Bo-Bo locomotive, using a single 18 cylinder Deltic engine, was proposed as an alternative to what became the British Rail Class 37 Type 3 locomotive introduced from 1960.[40]

A Co-Co "Super Deltic" was proposed but not built.[41] There were three potential designs between 4000 hp and 4600 hp weighing between 114 and 119 tons with a maximum axle load of 19 long tons (19 t).[42] The locomotives would have looked very similar to the eventual Class 50s, though slightly longer.[43] All three designs would have had two 18-cylinder turbocharged engines, based on the 9-cylinder turbocharged engine used in the British Rail Class 23 "Baby Deltic" and the locomotive would have been designated Class 51. The Class 55's engines were not turbocharged, although they did have centrifugal scavenging blowers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_Rail_modern_traction_locomotive_classes

takemymoney.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Ooooh no..... there is always scope for scenarios.... Any/all of these could be visitors to Doncaster Works (on York-Peterboro, or on "Doncaster Works")..... or on any of the heritage lines as fantasy preserved or partially preserved...... or on some of the historic routes.... or.... well....

.......someone could make a route that ends at the Barry scrapyard..... ;-O

• Like Like x 2
  3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I was thinking this is just a list of all British Diesel locomotives that aren't already available in TS (which to be clear I'd be OK with) but there are some missing. Off the top of my head I can think of Lion which was effectively the prototype Brush type 4 (Class 47), Falcon, Kestrel both also made by Brush, DP2 which was a test bed for the engine that powered the Class 50 in the body of a Deltic and the Fell Diesel which proved that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marc von Hoffrichter

Marc von Hoffrichter Member

OH, no, never.........…:(