Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

[​IMG]
    something like this kind of regional train. Just like DB regio. Not high speed, not s-bahn

• Like Like x 1
  2. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

Yup. Vancouver to Prince Rupert takes at least 77 hours, 25 mins on train. Yeah. This is Dovetail...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Shoot, the last time they went to Canada, they didn't even leave Toronto.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

aLl LiNeS lOnDoN uNdErGrOuNd

• Like Like x 2
  5. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

Continuing the discussion on the mastery thing, I totally agree with the people who said the entire thing is a joke. I mean, nobody asked about that, and what the freaking heck is the point anyway? How about fixing things like bugs and this may not be popular, but adding routes and locos (even if it's just small route or very little gameplay on that loco). I mean let's be real, theres no way dovetail actually reads these forums. However, I can provide the address of their office in the UK if anyone is interested in sending them a letter or something...? Just reply if you want the address and i'll post it here; it's also in their terms of use. The other thing we have to understand about route suggestions is that if dovetail sells a route people will be like, "ok sure sounds good" pretty much no matter route it is (except things like west somerset railway, no idea why dovetail did that) and they will take it. It's not like people will be like, that route sounds like an awful idea.

How about Pacific Surfliner? Look at the route irl, it looks stunning. ;)

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the Mountain Passes in TS as well there is also the Peace River route as well both could be redone very well into TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Just suggestions and it would be nice for DTG to come out of their shell and make longer routes. Or at the very least make route in sections that can tied to the existing route as they go.

• Like Like x 2
  8. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

Does anyone have any theories on tsw 2021? That's an interesting conversation.

P.S.
    IMO long distance routes would be an utter disaster, and I think that people would be complaining. The other thing is that ~75 mile routes means that dlc will come out less often and may be more expensive.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Not true for the route length indeed. As many in here are complaining about how short later routes are (i.e. ECW/HRR/OSD), and they're not even full-routes either. And I highly doubt longer routes would be expensive due to length, that's not how pricing an add-on works for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

For existing players? Nothing much.

Probably just a few UI changes as well as some additional mastery/score updates. It’ll be marketed to draw in new players to the game mainly. I think.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I actually would like the Pacific Surfliner but I’m afraid it’s a bit too long, it’s 128 miles in length, I doubt DTG will go this far. Sure we want longer routes (I actually want routes this long), but I don’t think DTG will make one that long. :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Oh ur right, I just noticed that! Maybe that’s why DTG hasn’t released any single tracked routes lately (WSR excluded). So I guess, with this in mind and the fact that they (Dmitri) told us to wait longer for the next route (I guess this means a longer route?), as well as it being the UK’s turn for the next route, we can expect DTG to (everyone start speculating, idk much about the UK anyway lol)...

• Like Like x 1
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Up until today I was still expecting a teaser before the end of May either for a UK loco or UK route or both. Maybe there is no new stuff just yet and they have instead been working hard fixing every single outstanding bug and will release a massive update that fixes everything. These are strange times after all :o.

• Like Like x 3
  14. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

Maybe not the whole route....

• Like Like x 2
  15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I do agree with you about Mastery, I have always myself questioned why? I dont mind doing the community challenges. From the outset Mastery never worked right. Compare the stats to Mastery via Internet Mastery section on their website to the in game stats. Mainly as the two are different. They never coded to track the stats completely from when you started your career but just from when Mastery began.
    I still use Mastery but not overly bothered about it.

As to the main point of my post Yes they do read the forums. Currently not as much since Dimitri left us. To be honest do you think they will take note of you letter? It will be opened read and sent to the relevant dept and filed (possibly under Rubbish Bin). The forum is a great way to air your views like what you are doing now. If you have route suggestions then jot them down in the content suggestion an proposal section of the TSW forum. They may be all working from home for the time being but yes They still have a presence on the forums and read them.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  16. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Class 20?

• Like Like x 2
  18. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

CLASS 20

• Like Like x 1
  21. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

It's literally this photo: class 20 on tvl with limestone hoppers

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  22. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I do hope extra services are added for these and not just used as substitutes! These will also go nicely on the NTP route.

• Like Like x 1
  23. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

A nice compilation of Class 20 clips, must say, it sounds great (minus the pathetic horn).

24. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Sounds like a 37 to me.

• Like Like x 1
  25. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

not even close to a 37 IRL - theyre called choppers for a reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

Any ideas on next route dlc, anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  27. steadfast

steadfast Member

The sound similarity is because they are built by the same company as the 37s, English Electric, and the 40s too.
    They whistle at idle and low revs but sound more like a 37 under power, they definitely have their own sound but there is a family resemblance.
    Hopefully DTG sort the sounds so you don't that rancid echo effect when you have two locos in multi that affects most stock on TS and TSW.
    Also, that coupler shouldn't be used, it should be loco to wagon not wagon to loco. I'm not really feeling the detail there ;)

• Like Like x 1
  28. antony.henley

If they are on the Tees Valley Route then I would expect like the Class 31 you will have the usual Scenario, Training module and Journeys. The freight would be limestone hoppers, but they could also be substituted for the double headed Class 31 duties on the cement tanks. Not too sure about steel working.

They may also add the twenties to the Vintage Railtour on Eastcoast Route, also they may add them onto the Swanage..... err West Somerset Route like the 31's Not sure what they would add them over on the Northern trans Pennine route.
    What services did they run over that route?
    I dont know but not expecting it though.
    Just expect the bare minimum which is new scenarios, services and journeys using the 20 and CBA Limestone hoppers operating Redmire - Lackenby freight and possibly local "speedlink" services of that time period. then everything elses is a brucie bonus.

Cheers

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  29. Scorpion71

My memory playing tricks with me, I thought they were a regular sight at Manchester and Leeds but seems not, I've seen a few pics of them there but they were not regular visitors by all accounts.

• Like Like x 1
  30. antony.henley

Or perhaps the Wensleydale Railway running from Redmire - Northallerton?

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  31. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Saw a teaser on twitter

• Like Like x 1
  32. antony.henley

Yeah the same teaser that was posted on their Facebook page.

• Like Like x 1
  33. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

496CC8F6-A81C-4FB8-851C-76446EE718A1.png But it’s more likely loco DLC

• Like Like x 1
  34. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

It will likely be a loco DLC for the tees valley line, namely the class 20.

• Like Like x 1
  35. antony.henley

"It says a New Veteran is coming to TSW" Which means something Old but new to TSW so it wont be a 40. The wagons in the background are new "CBA" type wagons. I thought they were the PCA Cement wagons on Tees Valley but they are not as I am looking at them now on Tees valley and they are different. Its looking as its the Class 20.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  36. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

I honestly think that some people have totally just given up on this game and the forums that the devs supposedly look at. Even when Dmitri was here, the same complaints were still present. The reason being that dtg only likes to launch DLC and do very few things to improve the things that they already have. Someone asked if editor was ever coming. All the replies said forget it, we have been waiting 3 years for an editor. I really think that if dtg would listen to their community, people would come back. It's really sad how a game this good has people that are giving up on the devs only because of the devs priorities. I think dtg should look at their community and see that we have something to say. I'm thoroughly disappointed in dtg and I really hope they up their game (no pun intended).

• Like Like x 1
  37. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Coming June 18th and in Railfreight livery too, which is nice.

• Like Like x 4
  39. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

It says "Adding additional freight services" too so at least it adds a new service layer.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  40. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The Class 20 will be a great addition to TVL, which is filling up nicely with content, and it deserves to as the best British route on TSW so far. The last Class 20 I saw was whizzing up the M6 on the back of a lorry!

• Like Like x 3
  41. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Odd that there isn't a forum thread for the article yet?

• Like Like x 3
  42. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

We need route extensions. At least one extension per year. Don't you think it would be awesome to go further on TVL and NTP, with all this variety of locos?

• Like Like x 7
  43. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

In your opinion. If you look on steam, Northern Transpennine is the highest rated.

I'm happy that 20's are coming. They could easily feature on any of the TSW routes so I would like to see them available on other routes too. Other liveries would be nice in the future too.

• Like Like x 2
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Of course in my opinion. I wouldn’t want to post other people’s opinions now. Steam ratings are one thing, representing a portion of all players, and NTP may well be rated higher in it’s sterile base form. NTP is indeed a great route.

However, TVL is a better made route, and including all the DLC available, the variety of services available, the variety of scenery along the length of the route, and the route chosen in the first place, all comes together to make it better than NTP, if not necessarily rated higher on Steam. Quality and popularity rarely follow each other, look at the music charts for the best example of that.

But of course that is just my opinion, and I never meant it to be anything else.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Both TVL and ECW are higher rated than NTP

• Like Like x 1
  46. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

Apologies, it's changed since I last looked at it. But; all 3 have 'very positive' ratings, but more people have reviewed NTP, so surely it is therefore the most popular?

...When I looked about a month back TVL was merely 'mostly positive'

*Edit: at the time of writing this post I didn't realise you could hover your mouse over the steam rating to get a specific % score, so now I understand!

• Like Like x 1
  47. Scorpion71

Although I love the NTP route (especially so in real life) it's already in need of a major upgrade, I mean take a close look at the graphics, the textures for what should be capable in UE4 in 2020 are poor! Especially the roads and buildings in Manchester, Huddersfield and around Leeds. The distant mountains and fields are terrible, I've seen better graphics in TS in all honesty - Oh and don't get me started on the lack of lighting at night!!

• Like Like x 4
  48. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The class 20 will be a nice addition especially if it adds extra services, I would have preferred a Pacer but I won't start on about that again.

Certainly NTP and TVL are my two favourite routes for TSW by a long way. I think I prefer TVL (despite it being over populated with class 101's) it has a bit more atmosphere and I think the detailing is a little better.

The above is all my opinion!

• Like Like x 2
  49. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

And with TVL DTG built a virtual monument for the former Tees Side Steelworks and the people that worked very hard there.

• Like Like x 2
  50. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

I have an idea on what dtg could do with the crappy mastery system, hear me out. They could change it so that it would be based on comfort and other things, such as ai conductors who increase your mastery cash every time they take a ticket. If you put more collectibles, there will be more passengers and more money per station. There could be some other things to put in there like passenger comfort (to deal with climate control/lighting). That would actually make use and drive you. No idea what you could use the mastery money for tho... Any ideas?

• Like Like x 1