Why I'm Annoyed With Dovetail Games And Their Business Practices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tallboy7648, May 7, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yes most of the time they get pictures of routes so I don't think it wouldn't have been that difficult to have the full main line implemented

2. tallboy7648

This fourm has 2,273 views and counting so I don't believe it will be deleted.You have the main thread and the rest are replies. I asked the community and dovetail to give an opinion on the main thread which I'm sure you read. If you don't like seeing this, then don't come back. We have a right to voice an opinion so if you have a problem with a certain opinion on route length, cost which are in the steam reviews and youtube video reviews of routes of how they're short and some say overpriced, just don't come back or don't respond. Ever heard of free speech. To ask that it be deleted is absurd. I hope that dtg will make new dlc that will allow us to go the start destination of a line in real life and end at a end destination in real life and it doesn't have to be 200 miles. To have a line that is 48.5 or 50 miles long and to only operate half of that is silly at this point.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If their work on TSW is as or more in depth than that which they undertake for TSx (and I imagine it is) some grainy video taken at speed probably wouldn't pass muster
    For the UK routes at least they go out and take pictures of the stations, platforms, even the texture of the platform surface

4. tallboy7648

I assume they use videos for refrence for making the routes though

5. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I don’t have a problem with your opinion
    I have a problem that you keep the repeating the opinion on this thread. We get your point

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

I'm not the only one you know

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This thread was closed for a while and now it’s open again. I think it must have slipped into a Ronkon Coma but then unexpectedly recovered. I think we can all see the funny side of this thread and one day it will reach what everyone can agree is an actual destination. For now though I’ll just give everyone a big thumbs up for tossing balls of reason in the air for the OP to hit down with his 48.5 mile long bat. Truly entertaining.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

This thread was never closed at all

9. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

they could might use video references from the people who road on the trains like from Jamaica to Huntington to smithtown or to Port Jefferson.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You just won’t accept anything anyone else says, will you? Facts and reason are lost in favour of your own opinion. The thread was closed to further replies for a brief period earlier today, possibly while a moderator was looking through it as someone had requested it was closed.

• Like Like x 3
  11. tallboy7648

They could use video references. I believe they already use video references to make routes

12. tallboy7648

I didn't lose reason

13. UnlimitedMagic

by reason he means us saying why what you want isn’t feasible doable at the moment
    And when we try tell you why you ignore our reasons

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. UnlimitedMagic

No you’re not
    But your the most frequent person that rants here
    Everyone else that criticises DTG has some praise for the company too. But you just been saying the negative stuff since you came in the forums

15. tallboy7648

I like the graphics of the game, I like how the trains operate although some of the trains don't sound accurate like the M7 Or M3. I like the way the game looks, however dtg releasing new dlc that isn't a full line has to stop. Someone from dovetail has to get the message that future dlc has to go the full way and we can't get part of a line. There has to be a strategy put in place to make a full line route. If a line is 60 miles long, we should be able to go 60 miles, not 23 miles. You say have praise for dtg, but how can you have praise for a company that continues to do the same practices and acts like it's ok. I've owned tsw for a year and had nothing but praise but then realized the problems with the game and how they really haven't been addressed. How can you have praise for a company that releases short routes, releases routes with very few scenarios, releases some routes that have bugs in them like passengers on the track and stations that have little to no passengers that don't even get on or off the train, or tunnles that don't load in but then load in at the last second. Releases trains for routes but only have three scenarios. Not to mention the internal bugs of the game itself. The game has been out for 3 years and you think they try to make full distance routes and no it doesn't have to be 300 miles or fix the internal problems of the game, but most of the recent updates to the game don't address the bugs in the game or passengers but are just updates to prepare for releases of new routes or trains. You address this to the support team and they don't seem to do nothing. How much more praise can you give Dovetail Games for continuing the same actions.

16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Indeed. You could have said that once, or maybe twice. We hear you. Most people are aware of the issues you raise. There are technical and business reasons for some of them. It’s not perfect.

Now you’ve got that off your chest for the 58th time, disagreed with everybody else's valid points and technically won your argument, you can now delete TSW off your device, unsubscribe from the forum and get on with your life. It’s clear you hate DTG, you hate TSW, and you’re not interested in anything anyone else has to say. There is no reason for you to be here.

I shall bid you good day.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

I dot't hate dtg, there is a difference between hate and disatsfied and no I will not unscrscribe from the fourm or delete tsw. I just hope the game gets better but they don't seem to be getting the message

• Like Like x 2
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

We all have the hopes that things will improve. Hang in there.

19. tallboy7648

hopefully

20. tallboy7648

I just hope they get the message by now. Just wish they would respond to this fourm

21. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

LOL, I love it I laugh all the time at all the comments posted that my kid shows me.
    I love how you all are complaining how the Routes are so small when the game has so many other issues, If you haven't got it though your thick skull DTG's doesn't understand or care what players want and will never care. My kid shows me all the time this crap and its truly funny how DTG see's or shows what railroading is like,It's Nothing like TSW this game is truly a JOKE for players that think that this is how true railroading is.DTG is like EA yeah I said that same thing a year after the Beta to my kid but know one cares, players will still buy crap from a company that doesn't understand what a Simulator is really. A true SIMULATOR is FLIGHT SIM or RUN 8 NOT DTG's TSW just shows pretty graphic's everything else is just a joke and WRONG. the only thing that's sim in TSW is the Timetable true FACT. How I know this when I was younger I worked for Conrail in Enola Yard as a Brakeman I still remember when Penn Central ran Enola Yard what a sight to see but those days are far gone, and i'll tell you having Real Life railroading experience Run 8 is the closest Railroading Simulator you'll find to true railroading unlike this fairy tale crap the DTG's makes it to be.

Fact: 2 GP38-2s can pull 80 Freight cars full or empty on flat track in notch 2 with NO ! Problems & No sand in real LIFE but DTG TSW can't even do that in game with empty freight cars unless your in Notch 8 full power and sand from the start it just shows there in game PHYSICS suck unlike RUN 8 where it's true to life.

Fact: The GP40-2 CSX HH DLC mission yard work on the hump the yard units are wrong in so many ways in todays modern society,Yard units are geared lower for more pulling or pushing POWER unlike mainline service units plus the units which there Top speed would be reduced to a speed of 10 to 15mph if they were mainly used just for yard service the Dynamic Brakes would have been removed do to weight and there would be NO reason to have to use Dynamic's in a yard. 2'nd you wouldn't be switching at the top near the Hump WRONG !!! in so many ways your Yard master would be in real life written up for a Violation do to unnecessary work safety. The yard front switching tracks would be the right way. 3'rd the switcher unit wouldn't grab 1 line of cars at a time do to time, (Time is Money) the switcher unit would grab all the cars and shuffle them in there locations all together as a whole Not separate.

Another thing if this game was trying to be REAL true to life NOT every switch is automatic or can be switched manually by anyone, given your Conductor's or Brakemen would be carrying a set of ((Keys)) for locked switches, for local and yard services.

The list of things this game gets WRONG is a eyesore in so many ways. I understand it's a game and a companies way to express there view on railroading but DON'T call your game a ((SIMULATOR)) if you don't sim the very essence of what a railroading is, it just makes you look cheap and Not intelligent.

But like my son said someone on hear will try to tell me different given they have No Real Life Training or experience in Railroading.

The Real Question is who ?

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  22. tallboy7648

You know I 100% agree with you. TSW has so many problems but everytime you bring up an issue, they say tell the support team and they do nothing. On the trains themselves you can't use all the switches and buttons and they call this a simulator. Some stations at night are completely dark. Passengers spawn on top of signs, shelter homes in stations and tracks. But for some silly reason they don't even try to address or fix it. It just seems like they put most of the development on new routes which is silly. TSW is not a simulator and if people argue that it is, talk to a real train driver. There's much more to a train Simulator than just driving trains but dtg doesn't seem bothered to address the issues or make improvements to the core of the game. They just wanna make more money in my view and people need to realize that and stop defending and praising Dovetail because you just can't anymore. This game is just a cash grab and I understand that they are a business, but they should use the money that they make to fix the game and it's problems. They are capable of doing that. Do I agree with you that it's not a simulator, yes. Do I agree that DTG doesn't care, Yes because they're not addressing the issues of this game.

23. tallboy7648

Since you worked in railroading, nobody can tell you different. Hell I've been on the LIRR M3 since I live in NYC and it doesn't sound accurate at all. The only thing that they got right was the bell. For a company that wants to get the most realism out of a train or route but it turns out unrealistic, people need to point that out

• Like Like x 1
  24. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I don't really mind if a DLC has bugs or has some sort of MINOR inaccuracies on launch day. It's 2020, and every game has some form of a Day 1 patch, or patches that would come at later dates. Deadlines are tight, and bills need to be paid, I'm sure we all understand the cost of running a business, and it's understandable for some items to slip through the cracks.

However, in DTG's fairly extensive track record at this time, they have shown minimal to no effort adding to older routes. I'm still waiting until this day for the Class 377 AI Deceleration noises to appear on East Coastway, Essen Hbf's skyscrapers to be added, LIRR's service mode to be improved upon, NEC's can signalling to be fixed, etc. and it's pretty obvious that they have no interest in ever revisiting these. What's even more egregious is the fact that there are ALREADY improvements done to some older routes like the addition of the FGW livery for the HST utilizing the same swapping we saw on the recently released M3 for LIRR. Not only are they not interested in not revisiting longstanding issues in old DLCs, but the few changes they have done are being withheld for whatever nefarious reason. The beta build works fairly well and we've already seen this swapping perfected, so can someone please explain to me why this has not been released? My theory is that they wanted to monetize the FGW livery as a DLC, but since people have already found a way to unlock it by opting for a beta build, the embarrassment of charging us for content we can already access through Steam, has put a stop to that plan.

• Like Like x 1
  25. tallboy7648

If DTG was gonna charge money for a livery, to me that's just a cash grab which is just ridiculous since a third party can make a livery for a train for Train Simulator and not charge a penny. It's also a shame that DTG doesn't seem bothered to fix these issues or are taking their sweet time fixing these issues. The mindset of we are gonna release new routes but that have several bugs isn't good. Now I can understand if a route is immediately released and it has some bugs on day 1. But to have the LIRR tunnel glitch for several months, RRO crashing when you approach Hagen HBF on Regional Express Services, lack of passengers in stations, passengers not getting off at the last stop of a station like Hempstead, Hagen HBF on the S8, Penn Station etc, no journey mode on Rapid Transit and The Northeaast Corrdior and innacurately modeled routes that haven't been addressed for months is just stupid. For a company that says we want to make routes as accurate as possible and some routes aren't modeled accurately except for stations is a joke. Hell Penn Station's Long Island Railroad platforms are modeled inaccurately. They shouldn't be advertising tsw has accurate modeled routes in my opinion because sometimes it's not the case and they seem to just rush to release routes. Some Trains don't sound accurate either like the M3 and M7 because I take them and they sound different compared to the game. At least the got the m3 bell right and the m7 door closing chime right .Hell a third party can make a train sound accurate compared to DTG They say put the bug issues you find in the fourms or put a ticket in, but nothing is being done to fix these issues. When you put it in the stream, Matt doesn't seem bothered to answer or address these problems in the game. The fact that there is no community manager either is a joke as well because you would think when Dimitri announced his resingation, they would have had a backup by now hence why DTG doesn't respond to this. DTG needs to finally fix these problems in the game and not just leave it as is. People make mistakes but you should at least rectify these mistakes instead of not doing nothing about it. Fix these issues DTG. If this was EA, Codemasters or Nintendo these bugs would have been fixed by now. DTG fix your bugs

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Hang on....does Hagen station crash the simulator on RRO....? Is that on PC, XBox or PS4....? What exactly happens....?

I only ask because I noticed some strange build methods on RSN, with respect to Hagen.... (although never experienced a crash)..... and it surprised me that it wasn't crash-master central... because it appeared to me to be inviting the sort of instability that you get at the NY Penn tunnel, only ten times worse....

And when I saw RRO released, I had a feeling that Hagen station would be a bit unstable, if maybe they used the same methods... I don't have RRO, by the way.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

It has been reported on PS4 & Xbox. I have noticed this occuring first-hand as well.

28. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Also why is this thread still alive? I'm not trying to or trying to start an argument or being rude but this entire thread seems like to me a huge rant
    . Ok if DTG makes some mistakes we ll do it.
    Let's all at least be grateful that DTG has not gone down the loot box and micro-transactions approach like other AAA companies have. I prefer DTG over many other AAA companies.

• Like Like x 1
  29. tallboy7648

It crashes on my console on regional express services for some strange reason and my High Spec PC. Some other people reported this as well but I don't think DTG is gonna rectify this issue anytime soon since they don't really do updates to fix the bugs. I mostly use my Console when playing TSW

30. tallboy7648

I mean at least they haven't gone down that path however those bugs have gone on for months. The Tunnel glitch on the LIRR has been happening for over a year and nothing is addressed about it. They say put your complaints in the fourms which is what I'm doing but at this point I've run out of praise for this company. These issues shouldn't be going on for months because if this was a triple a company, they would have been fixed by now and DTG are perfectly capable of fixing or addressing these bugs so they really have no excuses.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I understand your frustration, and the reason for the forums is for talking and explaining your concerns/thoughts & feedback. But constantly repeating it here is really getting annoying and starting to be unacceptable.
    If you think DTG is doing a bad job at making a game, then talk to some of the main people of the crew. But repeating you hate their practices and having no excuses is becoming very annoying and irritating.
    I know I don't have to be here on this specific thread but it is annoying seeing how it's in the wrong forum section and how almost all the post's are negative. If your going to criticize and show your opinion at least give some praise to the company that is making this very forum your writing on and game your talking about.

I wouldn't be happy if I heard people just ranting or repeating their opinion over and over again. (I know there are others out there but this thread is pretty popular).
    In summary: It's your opinion, keep it at that *PERIOD* END OF THREAD.
    With that being said I give the closure to me on this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  32. tallboy7648

It's on the Route Suggestions and "Proposals" fourm. I made a proposal so no it's not on the wrong forum section. I made a proposal on what dtg should do with tsw. There is the main one and the rest are replies. If you don't like seeing others give an opinion like I asked, you don't have to reply

• Like Like x 2
  33. Louis-MTA NYCTA

All other threads are actually route/train proposals but this one. You stating you hate their practices is your opinion not a proposal. This thread needs to be in the "off-topic" section. Also not many people really gave their opinion most were just annoyed because your not accepting closure to this thread and keep bringing it up.
    I agreed with you at first but it's not stating an opinion anymore. Now it is just ranting. Just look how you keep replying to me just saying it's getting old.
    The name of the thread is your opinion not a proposal. The first message is your opinion not asking others for trains/routes or anything like that. This was all started by a long opinion which is ok, but your not taking closure. We all get your frustrated and hate DTG's practices. You have clearly proven your point/opinion now move along with this thread. Also I'm not hating your opinion. It's just you keep on repeating it *we all get it*.
    Instead just stating most of the negatives. State some positives as part of proper criticism.
    Otherwise have a great night/day everyone.
    `My true honest last message.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Plastic Pal

If this thread is to die a natural death, it would do so.... if you stop responding to it....! Personally, I found the majority of this thread to be uninteresting.... but as the actual detail of the issues are now finally coming forward, I think there is merit in having a discussion about them, and not conveniently shutting them down. I didn't know about the issues with Hagen on RRO until now, for example.

To be fair to tallboy7648 - this thread is fairly well self-contained. I understand that you want the voice to be shut down, and it is sometimes annoying to hear other people being displeased about something that you love. But some people have different perspectives and world-views to your own. And a Foum is explicitly provided as a space for different views to be shared.

And... anyway.... people that complain a lot are normally just as enthusiastic as those that are completely satisfied.... People that genuinely hate the game, and hate it so much that are motivated enough to find this Forum and complain to let off steam (no pun intended... LOL) .....those people just do it once.... never to be seen again.

I usually try to resist saying something like this..... but.... nobody is forcing you to read this Forum, read this thread, or respond to it. You have choice. You are the primary agent for control in your own life.

NB: I do agree, however, that this thread could be moved out of "Route Suggestions and Proposals"

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  35. tallboy7648

My proposal if you read the first page was for DTG to make dlc's that go to the full destination in real like. For Example, if a route is 40 miles, we should be able to go the full 40 miles, not 23. That was the main proposal if you read the top part of the first page of the fourm. I also proposed later for dtg to fix the bugs in the game. A 6 year old could get that this is a proposal and the rest are replies to the main proposal so yes it's in the right place but I guess the name can get people confused. You don't have to come back you know. Other people will eventually respond liked I asked and if you don't like that, just don't come back. I still like TSW but dovetail keeps doing the same things and not addressing or fix the problems that have been out for months so when I realized that, I ran out of praise. There is only so much praise you can have

36. tallboy7648

If you read the top of the first page, you will find the proposal I made hence why it hasn't been removed. The rest are replies to that proposal. I guess the title doesn't make it seem like a proposal.

37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s in the wrong section of the forum. That is a fact. This section is for route proposals only. And your initial post was not a proposal of any kind, it was a rant. The same rant you had posted several times before in other threads. Not many other six year olds on the forum, you may be the only one.

• Like Like x 1
  38. tallboy7648

So I assume asking DTG to make new dlcs that go the full way is not a proposal, maybe reread it. The name of the fourm is "Route Suggestions/Proposals" not route suggestions and Route Proposals. A proposal is a suggestion or an idea. In this case that suggestion is to make full line dlcs that go the full way as stated on the top of the first page, the rest are replies. I'm pretty sure you would understand

39. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

“Route suggestions and proposals“ means route suggestions and route proposals. No amount of arguing is going to change that fact. You just need to accept that you interpreted the title wrongly. It’s not the worst thing that’s ever happened, you are allowed to make mistakes.

However, I have read your initial post many times now. In no way did you ask DTG anything in it. You tried to tell them to “make routes that go the full way or don’t make them at all” and tell everyone else to also demand the same, all in the middle of a rant about everything, and we’ve discussed at length what ‘the full way’ means. When it was suggested, by me, to post an actual route suggestion you said there wasn’t any point.

The rest are replies, like this, where you then respond to argue with anyone who doesn’t feel exactly the same way as you. Whatever the result of this thread is, I can tell you for a fact that DTG are not going to respond to, or comply with, your demands. They may respond to reasonable requests though, you could try posting a reasonable request for something.

There is no need for you to reply to this post.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Plastic Pal

This section of the Forum is called "Route Suggestions & Proposals". This means "Route Suggestions and Route Proposals". It is really meant for specific suggestions for future route locations, to be built in TSW.

This section of the Forum is not called "Route Suggestions, and, Proposals"..... where the two commas would indicate that "Proposals" is not related to "Route", and therefore a free-for-all for all proposals, including those pertaining to marriage, or a new process for carrying out heart surgery, for example.

If you want to make a general suggestion or proposal, then there is a section called: "Feature Suggestions & Proposals", which can be found here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/feature-suggestions-proposals.78/

Anyway - I am one of the few people that actually supported your right to speak.... and yet you still felt the need to counter my support for you.... So I won't be doing that again any time soon. I thought that you might have something valuable to say, but maybe you don't, after all.

• Like Like x 2
  41. tallboy7648

DTG never respond to any of the fourms I've seen. Probably due to the fact that they don't have a community manager

42. Trainz7726

Trainz7726 New Member

I read the all parts of the fourm and it's quite interesting in my opinion. I get the main part that new dlcs need to be longer and we can't be getting very short routes. I get that you may want let's say if a route is 40 miles in real life, that we get the full 40 miles instead of half of that. I agree with that and I believe that DTG needs to put a strategy to make longer full length routes instead of 23-29 miles. I can also understand others opinion as well on this thread and I can see why people call this a rant. We gotta look at both sides. Are routes easy to make as realistic as possible, NO. The Long Island Railroad route doesn't look realistic apart from most stations except penn station which isn't modeled realistically. Do routes take long to make in tsw, yes. There is much more fidelity in tsw hence why it takes a long time to make a new route let alone long routes. Are there bugs in the game, YES. Has the lirr tunnel glitch not been fixed for months and not been addressed, YES. Are there passenger problems in tsw that haven't been fixed, yes. I do like tsw and have praise for the game but I can see why this person may not have anymore praise because the issues haven't been fixed for a while. I say give it time for these things to be addressed and I don't think it should be taken down because it's just an opinion. He/she did ask for a community response and a dovetail response and it may be annoying to see it but you don't really have to respond

• Like Like x 3
  43. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Regarding the location of thread, I agree it’s not in the right place but I don’t blame tallboy.

1. There should be a forum on the main TSW page for General discussion. I know there is one if you go to each individual gaming platform but there should be one on the main page because this is where this sort of thread/discussion should be placed- this doesn’t even belong in the features suggestions and proposals. I’ve had the same problem before not knowing whether to post in off topic or whether to spam the forum by duplicating the thread in each gaming platform’s general discussion. It looks like some people just opt to post a thread in the PC general discussion since it gets the most views even though it’s not PC specific. For example, these threads which have a similar theme to this one (although not as much of a rant):
      General Thoughts On Tsw And Developments
      (poll) 2 Years Later, Has Anything Changed?

So a General Discussion forum on the main TSW is welcomed.
    2. If a thread is in the wrong place, it should be moved by a moderator. One thing I’ve noticed about the Dovetail forums compared to others is that there is very little presence of moderators. I mean both, taking part in discussions as well as admin duties. For example, there was a post with abuse on another thread which took nearly a week before it was removed which I don’t think is acceptable. Compared to other forums which by the way are far larger and have lots more posts and threads a day compared to this one, it would be removed within hours if that. Also, moderators/staff taking part in discussions makes it more like a community rather than ‘them and us’.
    I appreciate that they are busy with so many other things but posting on this forum occasionally would be nice. I used to see Matt post but looks he is stopped now. I guess the community is party to blame because they’ve created a hostile atmosphere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

I think that both Stujoy and tallboy and everyone else here has valid points. I think that some of dovetail's routes are scams, but if we look at the dovetail side, they have many challenges. They have to find images and sources to model their trains and routes. The routes are actually very true to life, which I can say with my own experience. However, charging $30 for that is, no offence to dovetail, a total and complete scam. I feel like they will release a good route here and there and all the others are just fluff routes. For example, East Coastway didn't seem too bad, and it really wasn't. Peninsula Corridor has a lot of good things. However, charging $30 for a route that has minimal content. I think that yes, we did create a hostile community, but that was for a reason. Dovetail doesn't listen to their community. They always say to put stuff in the forums, which is pretty much the idea trash bag. I think that dovetail desperately needs to change their business model by doing things like patching bugs and listening to the community instead of releasing dlc so often. But dovetail won't see this thread, so oh well. :|

• Like Like x 4
  45. Trainz7726

Trainz7726 New Member

You know I think Dovetail does need to change how they do business in my opinion. Do I think some routes are scams, well a little because well for me $30 is fine but for others it's not and I do somewhat agree that most routes aren't worth that price do to length and lack of scenarios. I get that it takes a lot of work to make routes but the final product doesn't satisfy some people. I do think that the fourms are a bit of a joke because number one, as of May 29, 2020 DTG doesn't have a community manager so they don't respond to any of this. I can agree with tallboy on the matter of bugs because they have been going on for months if not almost a year. I've had the LIRR tunnel glitch for 7 months and I can see why he is frustrated because instead of them fixing or addressing the issues in the game, they just release new dlc so it's like your being inorged. If it was a different company, they would been fixed. I think the hostile community is in part due to DTG and not getting involved in the community or talking to them more. They said they would in an article at the end of 2019 but that was a lie. Also due to the fact in my opinion that dtg isn't fixing the problems with the game and these problems have been out for months which is ridiculous. I understand as well why people may be tired of seeing this even though it's a popular topic with thousands of views and counting. In my opinion I think in terms of the bug issues in the game I think we as a community needs to probably hold DTG accountable for their actions because I've seen people complain about similar bugs like the LIRR tunnel glitch for over a year and nothing has been done. I wrote a ticket about that and nothing. That's unacceptable especially if your spending money on that product and the bugs haven't been fixed for months. So maybe in the live stream they do, somebody has to bring that up so maybe they'll listen. In terms of routes going full way, I think DTG should at least try to make routes go let's say a full 40 miles instead of half distance and at least try to add more scenarios to routes. But I also acknowledge the great difficulty in making new routes in tsw compared to TS but I think DTG needs to change their practices

• Like Like x 2
  46. tallboy7648

DTG does need to fix the bugs. Paying for routes that have bugs for months that haven't been fixed is absurd. That shouldn't be happening at all. I can't understand why they don't want to fix it or at least address it

47. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

As if anyone actually thinks DTG care about accuracy or players interests or concerns, unless you're a DTG fanboy of course.

Their main priority is to make as much money as possible, whilst delivering the very least, to maximise profit.

To everyone saying that they're like EA, the CEO of Dovetail Games is Paul Jackson, who used to work for EA!

• Like Like x 2
  48. testtogo200

testtogo200 Member

I find it really funny that dtg's mottos are:

Make fabulous stuff
    Continuously improve (aka make more dlc)

im shocked and laughing really hard.

• Like Like x 1
  49. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

you know what I agree with you guys now that I see you're post this makes more sense

• Like Like x 1
  50. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Are you talking about the whole workers of dtg or the ceo

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.