Euro Fishing Important Information Regarding Our Update

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by DTG Darren N, Oct 12, 2016.

1. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Dear Community

We’d like to apologise for the negative experience that many of you have reported since we launched our new update yesterday. The update went through rigorous testing both internally, externally and with Microsoft but it is clear that the build that was launched contains features that clearly lead to a more negative experience than before. As soon as this became apparent, we recalled the update on Steam and reverted back to our previous build. We will do the same for Xbox One players, however, to do this we have to resubmit our previous build and go through the certification process with Microsoft before this can be done. We will keep you updated with this and revert back as quickly as possible.

At the same time, we will investigate how this happened and recreate all of the issues and bugs that have been reported to us with the aim of relaunching a more stable and improved build to you as quickly as we can.

Once again, we offer our sincerest apologies and will focus on improving and expanding your experience as quickly as we can.

2. titan28

titan28 Active Member

I dont want to knock the game because before the update I enjoyed it a lot, even with the pesky walking fish!.. problem is though, you said it went through rigorous testing, were the super bouncy rods, the bait drifting left, the circle swimming fish and the elasto line not present when it was being tested? if it was an error that it was a messed up build that was sent to Microsoft instead of the finished build then I think we can all take that on the chin and say fair do, I'll wait for a fixed update.. but if they were present and that was how you wanted the build to be then I think there may be a fair amount of players quitting the game. hopefully it can be fixed cause it could be an incredible game/sim. :)

3. Tia

Tia New Member

Dear DTG Darren,

That is wonderful and heartwarming news that you will roll back to the earlier version . I was heartbroken when I got the update, which has rendered DTG EF completely unusable. I have been having such a wonderful and fun time with this until the update - and I really thought that all the fun had just hit the wall once and for all and was over.
    I haven't heard or read anything that anyone else has said about the update; but with all due respect it really is in my view a complete and unmitigated disaster (at least on Xbox one).
    It is such a relief to read what you have written above, and I anxiously await the restoration of the previous version which worked beautifully - ( land walking, tree climbing, tent-storming fish not withstanding).
    If it would be any help to have my list of the issues I saw and discovered in the new update I'd be happy to provide them, so please just let me know: until then and otherwise I will just consider listing them probably whipping a dead horse.

Best regards,
    Tia

4. DTG Darren N

Hi Titan, as we say, we are investigating the whole process to understand how this has happened. Clearly, there are issues in this update which means that the build should never have gone live - was it a last minute coding issue, was it human error, was it a lack of fishing knowledge in testing. We will find out and ensure this doesn't happen again though! All I can reiterate is how sorry we are and how frustrated we are with what has happened and we are putting it right asap

5. DTG Darren N

Hi Tia

Thank you for the message, you are right that the update wasn't good enough and as we say, we are working out how it has happened. There is no need to list what is wrong, it would probably take a while and the build is being pulled as quickly as we can (there is still a process we have to go through with Microsoft). We will revert back as quickly as possible before moving forwards again

6. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Thank you for the reply Darren. I know everyone there must be pretty busy, so I appreciate you took the time. Even AAA games have bugs and problems and they have bigger studios working on them.. Take the time to get it right and almost everyone will have forgotten about this update.

7. Jay

Jay New Member

Hey guy's i was wondering if you could tell me if the upcoming dlc is free or will there be a cost? If so how much/estamate

8. Tucklis

Tucklis Member

Hi Jay

The DLC will be £6.99 apparently

9. DTG Darren N

Yes, the DLC is scheduled to be £6.99 but our only focus at the moment is repairing this update

10. DTG Darren N

Thank you Titan28

11. DTG Darren N

An update for all our Xbox One customers - we have uploaded a rebuild (of our previous build) to Microsoft to start the certification process. We will keep you informed as soon as we have any more news

12. craigbaines

craigbaines New Member

Is it at all possible to fix the 151lb catfish before reverting? My gut tells me that was a simple error that could quickly be fixed lol!

13. Tia

Tia New Member

Hi Darren,

Thanks for sharing this update info. For those of us anxiously, or impatiently, waiting, it's really nice to have such little insight into where things stand.
    I believe you said elsewhere, in a different thread, that Microsoft usually takes 3 to 5 days for the certification? Do you think that will be the case here this time?
    My husband, who is in the tech industry, says he doesn't believe that Microsoft will do such Certs over the weekend - so if the 3 to 5 days period (for the MS Cert.) is correct then we may not hear anything until maybe next Friday?
    Keeping in mind that of course none of you have any control over what Microsoft does or doesn't do or when it does or doesn't do 'X' - ( I think we all understand that ) - i'm just wondering what you may think about such, or whether there's any light you can shed one-way or another, on any probable or likely timeframe for the restoration of the previous build?
    If it helps any, I hold DTG partially responsible for my impatience, since you guys created a totally awesome game that is massively fun, and seriously addictive!
    However long it will take I will wait because it really is fun and, as far as I'm concerned, it will be worth the wait.
    Thanks for any light you might shed on any of this.

Best regards,
    Tia

14. Archangel

Archangel New Member

How long will it take to get the game back up and running, and why, did this happen, surely someone played this game before releasing it to Microsoft, i hope, i have not bought into a NO MANS SKY let down. Your next DLC should be reduced, if not free, i have purchased the game, and i can not play the game, therefore, you, the Company should show a act of kindness to the customer.

• Like Like x 2
  15. EaszyTarget

EaszyTarget New Member

i hope you dont try and release paid for dlc before the game is functioning properly and as intended , otherwise i foresee an ARK style reduction in popularity on both steam and xbox very shortly after ...

i also agree that having purchased the game and been left with it being unplayable, the dlc should be reduced dramatically if not free , i appreciate that you guys have to make ends meet , but if the dlc stays at 6.99 , with all the the frustration and disappointment on xbox already , i wouldn't be surprised to see a dramatic drop in player numbers, i for one am seriously debating whether or not i want to pay 7 quid for more content .
    7 pounds isnt a lot of money , and people pay more because they are too lazy to earn currency in other games, but it just doesnt sit right that we should be charged full price if it all after the issues many of us have had to endure , this recent patch isnt the first issue , many of us that have played for a whle have had to endure weeks of fish running away up the bank and dodgy casting issues and random line snapping etc ... the game hasnt worked as intended since it was sold on xbox ...

its that bit that doesnt seem right... we have all effectively been beta testing this game for you and this is how you say thank you ....

im tempted to say to you , thank you , but no thank you ...

• Like Like x 2
  16. locky92003

locky92003 New Member

any new levels coming soon bored of being stuck on level 25 since second week of this game not eaening xp is getting a little boring.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Benn

Benn Member

Agree with the dlc, we should have it discounted or FREE!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. DTG Darren N

Hi Tia and all others who have commented on this thread;

You are right, Microsoft do not do Certs over the weekend and it is 3-5 working days. However, they are also 8 hours behind us so if we submit on say a Friday afternoon, they would pick it up on that day still. We are actively chasing them as we expect to hear back any time now.
    It goes without saying that we are frustrated, annoyed, upset about this most recent update and immediately took steps to withdraw it as soon as the issues became apparent. I also don't want to sound like a broken record but it is a very small team working on the fishing franchise so we react to things as quickly as we can but are limited by man power resources.
    In terms of the DLC that people are asking about in this thread - let's fix the game again before we revisit the DLC. All our focus is currently on reverting back to the previous build and then repairing and re-releasing the intended update. However much the DLC will cost and whenever it comes, we will not release it until the core game and the general gameplay is up to standard

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tucklis

Tucklis Member

Thanks for the update Darren

20. Tia

Tia New Member

Hi Darren,

Thanks so much for the reply.
    Bless your hearts ...
    I can well imagine your frustration and disappointment also (I mean all of you at DTG).
    However disappointed and frustrated anyone may be, I can't believe anyone would seriously think EF was purposefully sabotaged. Whatever the cause of the update failure, it was clearly unintentional -- and hey, yes, it sucks, but stuff happens.
    Beyond this, all I can say is I miss fishing and I hope the reversion Cert comes soon - we all do, I think ...
    Best of luck chasing Microsoft ..!
    I keep checking often for the good news I hope will come soon.

Kindest regards,
    Tia

• Like Like x 1
  21. Benn

Benn Member

How come the pc version is fine?!? Who did these tests at microsoft?!? I find that instead of reverting back to the old version...you should just fix it!!!

Pc works fine, I'm getting really frustrated. I got this game for my birthday, in SEPTEMBER! I've not played it much as i don't think fish flying and walking on the bank fun...instead of just fixing it and resending it to microsoft, you're trying to revert back to the old broken game....

Very disappointed

22. HisUglyMama

HisUglyMama New Member

I apologize for all the people who never made any mistakes in their jobs and feel so bored, probably because of that fact, that they come in here and bother everyone else to death with the same rubbish over and over again. You are not the first and will not be the last game studio released a rubbish update and it is absolutely fair enough to apologize, go back to predecessor asap and keep people informed. That´s what you did and there is absolutely no reason to think about reparations like free future DLC´s, discounts or whatever else any dreamer demand from you. Just keep up doing what you´re already doing and everything is perfect. I hope you can ignore the Trolls and keep your fun and motivation for your work, it is very good and I appreciate it. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Tia

Tia New Member

Benn,

That's quite a rant ...
    "How come the PC version is fine[?]"
    Because they immediately reverted to the previous working version for the PC build.

" Who did these tests at Microsoft?!?"

Certification Techs - The names of whom could not matter less.
    Microsoft couldn't care less whether Fish fly, run on the ground, camp in tents, or turn into Mary Poppins as soon as they hit your net, spring an umbrella and float off to Venus; in short, they really aren't interested in the gameplay aspects, their interest is that it loads and unloads properly, that the platform doesn't explode when you press start, and that it isn't corrupting anything or everything else on your box when you run it, etc.

" I find that instead of reverting back to the old version... you should just fix it!!!"

Smile and be happy - they're doing both.
    They're doing the former so we won't be longer without anything usable, and the latter, which will take something more than a magic wand and some fairy dust.
    I don't know what you know about writing code and programming, but it isn't simple, easy, intuitive, or always straightforward.

"Instead of just fixing it and resending it to Microsoft, you're trying to revert back to the old broken game..."

Again, "..just fixing it..." is easy for an end-user to say -- but it takes more than wishful thinking, magic wands, or pixie-dust.
    ..& No - they're reverting back to the previous working version in prelude to 'fixing' the few issues it includes.

I was having a blast with it as it was.
    The land-roving fish and spitting hooks way too quickly & easily, were the Only issues I had with it - ok, & 'Bravo' is completely screwed in 1st-person: but even with these issues, it works, and is hugely fun!

Believe me, I am not trying to pick an argument Benn, just saying - a tripartite dose of realism, patience and fairness, will go a long way ...
    .. & their absence won't make anything move any faster ...

Kindest regards,
    Tia

24. Benn

Benn Member

According to many of my friends there isn't a problem with the pc version at ALL!

I work for IBM as a coder, I've made a lot of work! I've studied c++ and java for about 20 something years...I've also got website coding experience

I wouldn't just rant for the sake of it...and I'm sure I've seen you rant on here?!

My main concern is the fact that I love this game!! And I'm so impatient...it's not fair cause my little brain needs stimulating by these beautiful fish!!!

I've had to watch tv and resort to playing other not so great games cause I can't catch a fish haha

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  25. DTG Darren N

Hi Guys

We have been informed by Microsoft that we are still in the certification process with them and we should hear back early next week - again we apologise that this has taken longer than expected. There is a process we have to go through and we have to respect that it can take longer than we want it to at times!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Tia

Tia New Member

Hi Darren,

Thank you for the update...
    .. Not great news but it's nice to know.

.. Stunned silence...
    * sigh *
    * Tapping nails on tabletop *
    Looking at watch...
    Looking at calendar...
    Looking back at watch ...
    * Thinking of our contemporary Microsoft, with its head up its backside *
    * Rolling eyes *
    * Tapping nails ... *
    Looking at watch ...
    Looking at calendar ...
    * .. sigh ... *

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  27. EaszyTarget

EaszyTarget New Member

well another period of time passes where a product is un-useable :( i know things brake and unforeseen circumstances pop up when they are least needed.... like announcing dlc that costs half as much as the game .... dam that better be a LOT of content to be worth half as much as the game .... i mean , a couple of rods and a pond aint gonna cut it in terms of value in comparison to the game and its price ....

but greed seems to be what makes the world go round these days , i have found other games to play since waiting for this to work again , just popped in to see what was taking so long .... seems ill shelf this for 6 months and dig it out then an see if it works .....

good luck getting it sorted cos its a shame to see things like this from a title with so much potential

• Like Like x 2