Amtrak Sw1000r Loco Add-on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richard.bohlman, Apr 13, 2020.

1. richard.bohlman

richard.bohlman New Member

Interested in adding Train Sim World®: Amtrak SW1000R Loco Add-On to my resent TSW 2020 sim.

My question is: Do I need to purchase anything else other then the Amtrak SW1000R Loco Add-On package? Will it come with everything or is something else needed?

Thanks for the help ~ Rich

2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

This isn't the forum for TSW, which would be here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/trainsimworld/, but I'll just answer the question. You'll need the NEC route, which I strongly advise you don't waste your money on. The route itself is, honestly, garbage. It's really short, the scenarios are pretty uninteresting, it's full of glitches, and the scenery is exceptionally bland. Plus, scenarios for the SW1000R are really boring, since Sunnyside Yard has a 5 MPH speed limit. If you don't have it already, I'd recommend LIRR over NEC, it provides a much better value for money quality-wise.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. benhhng

benhhng Member

When will the SW1000 be used in reality? What is the main loco at shunting of Amtrak ?
    Thank you.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When the trains go to a yard for maintenance the main line engine is removed and a yard engine like a SW1001 is used to marshal the cars to different sidings

Peter

5. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

LIRR doesn't have any freight. I think the logical "upgrade" to NEC is Peninsular Corridor, which has the Baby Bullet (as DLC) etc. as semi fast commuter, plus a little bit of freight, plus a yard switcher which is very similar to the SW1000R (as DLC). That said - if you can pick up NEC (under $10) and the SW1000R (plus ex-Metroliner cab car included) for a cheap price (well under $10), then they might be worth it... although NEC is my least used route.... by far...

6. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah Peninsula Corridor is pretty good from what I've heard. The trees look way too bright though lol.

7. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Plus there is no option to run in snow/blizzards in San Fran.....! Maybe they just want to keep everyone's spirits up. ;-O

So we'll have to wait for climate change to really bite and for California to get a Winter Vortex thingie before we can ask for that to be fixed. It has actually snowed in San Fran.... six or seven times in the last 150 years... and apparently there were snowstorms in the area in both 2019 and 2020....

• Like Like x 1