Tank Trouble

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lightspeed, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I can’t complete the Tank Trouble scenario that came with the class 31, as I keep being blocked by a red shunting signal when trying to run round the tankers and couple up to them to finish the scenario.

2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I have done this scenario a couple of times without a problem so at least you know it works. Others have reported the problem you mentioned, I can't remember what the cause was but you have to follow instructions to the letter or things go wrong. Did you ask permission to proceed? It could be that if you took a bit longer than expected, another train was ahead of you and the signal would clear once it moved out of the way. If it happens again, check your map to see if anything else is moving on the track you want to access. Good luck!

3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I done this 3 days ago i think, i didnt have any issue, make sure all the points are aligned correctly, some you have to manually change yourself

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lightspeed

Yeah I did set the points correctly, for some reason the red shunt signal wouldn’t let me complete the last two instructions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lightspeed

I checked the map and waited for the class 37 to get out of the way, once the train was out of the way, I asked permission to proceed and all I got was “denied.no route available”

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Sorry you're having problems. Have a watch of this, see if you can get any idea what you're doing wrong.

7. Lightspeed

Thanks. I got stuck at the 39:54 time stamp on the video.

8. jblack47047

jblack47047 New Member

I just got this dlc earlier in the week and I too am stuck at the red signal at the end, of tank trouble. Petition a name change to 'red signal trouble', anyway I have looked at the vid and did try ftom a save point with no luck, gotta try from scratch this run and we shall see, third time might be the charm I hope.

9. jblack47047

jblack47047 New Member

UPDATE.
    Yes I got it done, I did every point switch and coupling task manually and also did the engine change over by using battery isolation lever up first then the change over lever up and returning the isolation switch to isolated, the order is on the video post and I think that is the area where it was messing up for me, but most importantly this scenario does work, might have help if they took you through the change over tasking rather than leaving you in the dark there mind you.