How Do I Install Train Simulator 2019 Without A Run Command?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dp19741, Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp19741

dp19741 New Member

[removed by Protagonist - see response below]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2020
  2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Probably not best to ask about piracy on the official forums of the developers.

3. dp19741

dp19741 New Member

its only software ive downloaded. I'll still need to purchase the key.

4. SJA

SJA Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you buy the key first then go into Steam and click "Add a game" and enter the key in there? That's what I do if I buy from the main DTG site rather than within Steam.

If you specifically want TS2019 for the included content, you can buy a legit copy that won't install keyloggers/nasties from Humble Bundle.

5. dp19741

dp19741 New Member

Is there a trial version available?? Not paying loads on for a game that i dont even know is going to run on my lap top . Someone i know spent loads on buying this game but then it wouldnt run because their lap top was older. They wasnt offered a refund either just a load of "try this, try that", in the end they threw the game in the bin it was useless so seems developers dont care about piracy when they have took your money. A trial version would help me otherwise how will i know if it will run or not.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  6. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

You can always check the minimum specifications needed to run the sim. They are posted in all the dlc listings. That 'someone you know' should have checked that first.

Two questions you should ask yourself.
    1. Am I interested in railways?
    2. Is it wise to admit you have a pirated copy on the commercial site that sells it

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Nope, and you can request a refund if you have played less than a certain amount of time specified in the purchase license, but if your friend played it for longer and then decided to give up, DTG wouldn't have to give any refund

I played TSx on a microsoft surface for six months and it ran "OK" with certain settings turned down or off, but simulators are always intensive on equipment, and with laptops generally configured to run in power saving mode they do have some issues.
    If you don't intend to play TSx bar when you're plugged in you can always set your laptop to have an "everything on" power mode which will negate a lot of issues

8. SJA

SJA Active Member

There's no trial version available to my knowledge I'm afraid.

As someone who once ran TS on an older laptop, you need to turn your graphics settings right down to begin with and adjust them upwards as much as you can. That much should be clear by the fact that minimum spec requirements are listed - what more can a software company do besides advising people what sort of a spec they should have before buying? If I tried to run my car on Lucozade I wouldn't be able to take it back.

It is unfortunate that your friend didn't have the spec. It might be that OpenBVE is the simulator for you if you want something that uses less juice, and that you are only likely to be a casual player of. Besides the obvious re: piracy, there's also the fact that most of it is bunk that installs malware which progressively messes with your machine and involves it in activities outside your control whilst it's online.

9. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Problem. That installs 2020 but with Soldier Summit, etc. routes from 2019. I think he specifically wants the 2019 interface.

10. Doomotron

You could buy one of the A Game Of Gnomes (standalone Christmas DLC) for £5 to see how it runs.

11. SJA

SJA Active Member

Oops. If that's the case, disregard the suggestion regarding picking up 2019 for the older content.

12. dp19741

dp19741 New Member

here is my pc system information. Would the game run on this???

Attached Files:

13. Doomotron

No, unless you are willing to experience utterly terrible framerates (as bad as 5fps I'd say).

14. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Here's the proof: https://steamdb.info/sub/306681/apps/

Notice it says "Train Simulator" and, in brackets, "Train Simulator 2020" at the top of the list even though it says Train Simulator 2019 is the package. You get the 2019 routes with the current engine. Same with 2018, hence https://steamdb.info/sub/215404/apps/ (oh, hi North Wales Coastal!).

15. SJA

SJA Active Member

I'm not sure what you could get to run on that, but Train Simulator, Trainz and Train Sim World would all be out of the question. I ran OpenBVE on a laptop with a similar spec and got about 15-20fps out of it on tube routes.

16. Doomotron

Portal might run on it.

17. dp19741

dp19741 New Member

oh gosh 5fps is rubbish just seen how bad it is on youtube. Ta anyway, wont be installing the pirate one either dont fancy being hacked at any time either. But thanks all for the replys

18. trev123

trev123 Active Member

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM FOR 32-BIT:
      • OS: 32-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 or 10 Required (Other OS versions and types are not supported)
      • Processor: Intel Core-i3 4330 3.50 GHz Dual Core or AMD A8 6600K 3.90 GHz Quad Core or Better
      • Memory: 4 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Graphics with 1 GB Dedicated VRAM or Better
      • DirectX®: 9.0c
      • Network: Broadband Connection (May incur additional costs for use)
      • Storage: 40 GB or more available space (Additional Add-Ons will require more)
      • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Audio Device
      • Additional Notes: Requires mouse and keyboard or Xbox Controller
      Laptop, Notebook, Mobile or Low Power versions of the above specifications (including Intel or Integrated Graphics) may work but are not supported. Updates to Chipset, Graphics and Audio Device Drivers may be required. For information relating to recommended specifications for Train Simulator 64-bit, please refer to the Train Simulator 2019 User Guide.

• RECOMMENDED FOR 32-BIT:
      • OS: 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 or 10 Required (Other OS versions and types are not supported)
      • Processor: Intel Core-i5 4690 3.50 GHz Quad Core or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.80 GHz Quad Core or Better
      • Memory: 4 GB RAM (maximum possible under 32-bit Windows)/16 GB or Better (For 64-bit Windows)
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480 with 4 GB Dedicated VRAM or Better
      • DirectX®: 9.0c
      • Network: Broadband Connection (May incur additional costs for use)
      • Storage: High Performance SSD Recommended with 40 GB or more available space (Additional Add-Ons will require more)
      • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Audio Device
      • Additional Notes: Requires mouse and keyboard or Xbox Controller
      Laptop, Notebook, Mobile or Low Power versions of the above specifications (including Intel or Integrated Graphics) may work but are not supported. Updates to Chipset, Graphics and Audio Device Drivers may be required. For information relating to recommended specifications for Train Simulator 64-bit, please refer to the Train Simulator 2019 User Guide.

19. noahg5

noahg5 Guest

You literally just click download lol

20. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Your intentions may be honorable enough, DP19741, but discussion of piracy isn't permitted on this forum.

Locking the thread.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.