Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what your point is. I’m in that same Discord server. The mods are not DTG insiders and know no more than you and me do.

• Like Like x 5
  2. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Yeah, and the colours (Blue/Yellow) doesn't really match with the swiss alps? Do correct me if I'm wrong

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Well.... this is the Baseless Speculation thread.... so I am going to go at it full beans on both baseless-ness and speculation-ness.... and reveal..............ooooh this is hawt......... careful not to burn your fingers/eyes.... ...... Here it is.......>>>>

1. Train Simulator (TS1) has now been transferred... um... I mean.... "sold" to the Stirling Office.... for their safe keeping and future tinkering, etc.

2. The Chatham Office..... from now on..... will only focus on Train Sim World, and they are going to publish a road-map for it (although they might call their outline plans......... wait for it...... ......a "train-map".....)

PS: Personally, I think that this is a shame, because I was looking forward to Train World Railfan 2021....

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

You guys realise the Rivet teaser is an in-game screenshot from TS1, right..?

I don't think it has anything to do with TSW.

• Like Like x 5
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had the same thought about the announcement being the road-map for the coming year along with the first look at TSW2021 but not about the other thing. And my thoughts are that if that is the case it will include a steam loco and a Japanese route in that road-map, amongst other things.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

It is possible that they are going to use Lake Constance for a route in TSW.... but... as an added extra.... because you can walk about in TSW.... you will be able to go fishing there as well.... as a sort of free introductory offer to Catch Fishing World 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  7. volvolover1972

The most realistic plausibility in my opinion is an announcement for TSW 2021 that includes some new game features or UI changes (no editor yet though) and most likely a new flagship UK route to go with it. Without over analyzing the teaser image, this is what I think the most probably scenario for this "big announcement" on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 6
  8. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I saw this as well! It is posted in the TSW news section but not mentioned in the TS news section, would love to see a Rivet Games route! Excited to say the least!

• Like Like x 3
  9. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

My best is probably
    CSX coming to consoles (blue and yellow)
    ECML as the Deluxe Edition route (Red and white as a reference to the LNER livery)
    But the grey idk
    I could be wrong

• Like Like x 9
  10. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Hmm...interesting. I must say that looks rather anticipating, and, well, a route from a country outside the US/UK/GE cycle is rather very odd in TSW, considering the graphics in it looks a lot like the ones in MSB, but, then again, looking at the graphics, they look like ts20 graphics, especially in that lighting. I don’t want to ruin ppl’s hopes but they do. Unless DTG ends up confirming there’s a new Swiss route coming for TSW on June 9 or someday after, we can’t be sure. :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. UnlimitedMagic

I think DTG know some British fans would be disappointed seeing as all their hope for a flagship route would be crushed

• Like Like x 2
  12. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

We've got a Canadian route earlier this year and after all the name of the game is Train Sim WORLD. So I defenitiely don't think it is impossible for a Swiss or Swedish route to be implemented, it is unlikely though as it would not be as profitable for DTG compared to releasing say a british route.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UnlimitedMagic

It will at some point but me as a British person is hoping it’s not now since if a swiss/Swedish route came out we will probably get our route in the next couple of months

• Like Like x 3
  14. Plastic Pal

It would be fabulous to have the Swedish/Danish route...! And if it is easy to build... (bridge and tunnels).... then why not put it out there for £15 and $17/€17.... and plenty of people would buy it (I think.... /hope).

• Like Like x 3
  15. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Rivet games have just confirmed on twitter, there announcement isnt linked to TSW

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Caution... we *might* be reading too much into the colours of the stripes. They are after all the colours of all the existing content in TSW and could just be part of the rebranding into TSW2021. I’m trying my best not to look at the image any more as it’s driving me mad and I’m tempted to go back to bed now with instructions to be woken up at 3pm BST tomorrow, time enough to have a cup of tea and some buttered crumpets in time for the announcement of the full ECML route with deltics and steam trains... oh, there I go again speculating... I mean the rebranding.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Plastic Pal

It could be a time-limited give-away. I heard someone say that they had to advertise a specific time well in advance in order to stop people complaining afterwards that they "missed out on the opportunity". It was something like that.... maybe.... ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  18. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Canada's pretty closely linked to US railroading, so much so that together with Mexico we're really just talking about "North American" trains. I *guess* you could make the same argument with most European countries relatibg to Germany as part of "Mainland Europe," especially given that DB Cargo operates on this route...

Meh... personally, the more I think about it, the more I'm just expecting the same as last year. Just a TS2021 announcement and a hint at a deluxe route.

• Like Like x 2
  19. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Driving through the Alps mountains what we saw on the Rivet Games teaser would be very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  20. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

CSX Heavy Haul for consoles would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  21. raildan

Careful, they've already confirmed their announcement isn't for TSW:
    no.png

• Like Like x 1
  22. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

One point suggests that this will be a substantial announcement of... something. They have cancelled two days of streams and scheduled Matt and Sam to stream together on Thursday to address questions we have about the announcement.

That hardly seems necessary if it's just a new collection of routes. "Existing customers get new features. New customers get routes X, Y, and Z plus a new one if you buy the deluxe," is a really quick answer that wouldn't need two days of preparation...

• Like Like x 2
  23. Plastic Pal

I am not so sure... Sometimes I think that time works on a different scale than you'd expect. For example.... it has so far taken nearly two years for anyone to start thinking about fixing the Class 47 on PS4 and XBox.

Two days might be enough to progress the majority of the D-Day landings... but in TSW world, it is barely a blink of an eye. Two days might well be the time required to find a notebook and a pen from the stationery cupboard or kitchen drawer.

• Like Like x 2
  24. raildan

I think you overestimate DTG's marketing. They've hyped up this kind of thing before... like when rebranding from TSW to TSW2020 and from TSW:CSX HH to just TSW

They... really don't seem to get the downsides of overhyping things sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Plastic Pal

More seriously than my post above - I think that you are right. This sounds more like a process change. Maybe it is a new way of delivering content? Maybe it is a new structure to new content? So, examples (as unlikely as they might seem) could include things like:

- moving away from Steam (for PC stuff).... maybe they signed a distribution deal with Epic....?
    - selling TSW content in a new way, say selling "scenario packs" and "livery packs"

Whatever it is, it sounds like it won't be completely self-explanatory (like a new route), but that it could well cause a number of concerns/questions/confusion. This might well be part of the reason why we've suddenly seen some activity on the Forum with Sam... so that people don't feel left completely in the lurch when the change happens, whatever it is.

By the way, my hunch is that the change will probably be a positive one.

• Like Like x 3
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There may be a lot of questions if it is something huge like moving to a new game engine. I’m not saying it’s likely to be that, just that if it is something bigger then who knows how many questions will need answering. Not long to wait now.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

My baseless Speculation MkII:

All development on TSW will cease as of July 31st. Game will no longer be available for sale after this point but previous owners of TSW, TSW2020 and all its DLC will continue to function as normal.

I jest, I jest......

• Like Like x 4
  28. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I don’t think there are any downsides for them at least. We’re all chomping at the bit to find out what it is aren’t we? Previously disappointments doesn’t seem to have curbed this.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I remember how hyped everyone here was back when it was called CSX:HH and they released a teaser in the exact same way. That ended up being the console release announcement / TSW rebranding. Not exactly exciting for the PC crowd but console players were over the moon. All us PC players got really was a fancy new menu and some minor UI updates.

I think everyone here just needs to curb their enthusiasm somewhat (Which Sam previously advised us to do). Those expecting the editor, steam engines, and a fix for every possible outstanding issue are going to be sorely disappointed.

• Like Like x 3
  30. volvolover1972

DTG's marketing strategies have always been based around creating hype. Announcing dlc through teasers, showing off content pre-release on streams, etc. I’m sure the veterans of this forum remember the "big reveal" from a couple years ago and how much of a flop it was. I don’t think this upcoming reveal is anything more than another announcement for a new TSW 2021 bundle and/or new dlc.

• Like Like x 5
  31. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I would almost bet my bottom dollar this is exactly what the announcement will be

• Like Like x 5
  32. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Yeah... 2021 bundle plus a UK (with More ir less 50 miles) is my bet too.
    My hype Is there tho... And my hopes are in terms of quality of life aspects of the simulator. I want More inmersion, i want More simulator And less arcade.
    Let see tomorrow

• Like Like x 3
  33. raildan

Exactly! Oh man, that wqs disappointing as heck. Not making the same miatake twice.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Well, its possible we will see additions to the core game with the TSW2021 refresh.....personally I would love to see the 2D map get an update / rework with location names etc and the addition of dynamic weather would do wonders for immersion levels. Having a static weather pattern when driving services takes me out of the experience....this isn't how weather works IRL

• Like Like x 2
  35. raildan

Dynamic weather is actually ALREADY in the game, believe it or not, but it's almost NEVER used- it's in some of the Sand Patch Grade scenarios and I think a couple RSN scenarios but nowhere else. Ever.

But yeah, the map needs an update. Another good map feature woyld be the ability to turn off the line showing the path you're suppoded to take, so you'll have to figure out if the switches are set correctly yourself, not be warned of changing tracks except by signals, or even take a different path completely in some switching activities. It's a small detail, and it should only be an option (should probably be on by default), but for some it would make the game as a whole feel less arcade-y, especially while switching.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct about them implementing dynamic weather in *some* scenarios (I have discovered it in some of the CSX ones)...but what I would like to see is it implemented is in service mode. In that area where you set the weather, season etc....let us select dynamic weather

I almost never play the scenarios once I complete / gold medal them....so the vast majority of my playtime is spent in service mode, which is why I never, ever see it...and like you said, outside of a couple of instances, it rarely ever gets used.

Why? Only the DTG gods know the answer to that one

• Like Like x 4
  37. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think you will find that most companies marketing strategies involve creating hype, that is what marketing is all about! I work in purchasing and get bombarded with it all the time, if a company doesn't feel that it can hype its products then generally it doesn't have much faith it its product, obviously you have to be quite cynical as a buyer.

Hype is there to create intrigue and discussion, which it is clearly doing.

• Like Like x 4
  38. Plastic Pal

It is possible that TSW will have some sort of physics added to it.... including adhesion with wheel slip.... as well as more interesting weather that impacts on the physics.... If so - that would completely transform the game... maybe even into something that feels like a simulator.

LOL - I am thinking about Class 20s trying to pull loaded steel trains uphill and over fly-overs on TVL in the pouring rain.....

We will all have to wait until 4.17pm BST to find out (which is when they get the web-site working, after it breaks at 3.59pm.... ;-O ).

• Like Like x 2
  39. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ÿes TSW2021+UK NEW ROUTE

• Like Like x 2
  40. UnlimitedMagic

You think they would do that
    They would lose a bunch of money if they did

• Like Like x 1
  41. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

My baseless speculation is that they're finally going to upgrade the engine from 16.3 to a later version, possobly in preparation for supporting the new Xbox & PS5, and that this will affect new DLc as well as how existing DLC will work or not especially for those on weaker sytems.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Plastic Pal

That would be interesting. I do wonder if today's announcement will be big. I mean... really big.... Maybe even bigger than the PS5 launch event on Thursday 11th June at 9.00pm BST..... LOL... Maybe not...... ;-)

Preparation for UE5 to make use of PS5 would be good, but I suspect we're a long way off for that..

But some indication on whether currently owned PS4 and XBox content will run on the next gen consoles would be good. If they stick with PS4 platform (making use of backward compatibility on PS5), but allow the use of PS5's "boosts" for PS4 content (frequency boosts).... then that would be interesting....

• Like Like x 2
  43. UnlimitedMagic

4 hours left

• Like Like x 2
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not long now. Not long until 14 new threads with similar titles appear on the forum in response to the announcement :D

• Like Like x 5
  45. solon

solon Active Member

Yes and mine... I hope is not TSW "2021" with a new package of old lines , I hope it's a real new : mission editor or steam loco or multiplayers... wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Plastic Pal

One thing that we can be sure of.... even if the announcement isn't all that big....

... it will be...... iconic.....

• Like Like x 2
  47. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Oh WOW!. One heck of an announcement that!

EDIT: I am genuinely gobsmacked. Was not expecting that!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  48. raildan

Oh... OK then! I am pleasantly surprised, and I have the feeling that this thread is gonna have a lot of work to do, heh

Mini-etitor-esque features, actual simulation improvements, all kinds of things... this looks like a HUGE step in the right direction!

• Like Like x 6
  49. Plastic Pal

Um... wow.

It is actually.... iconic.... the FAQs are ..... oooooh......

• Like Like x 3
  50. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

ok fair enough - props to you. its brave and bold.

• Like Like x 3