Train Life Force

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mattty May, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

At the moment, when viewing a moving train from outside the cab on TSW, they don’t look very realistic.

I think the main reason for this is that there is no shake, rattle or roll. In other words, there is no movement in the body of the train.

If you watch real life trains, you can see the coaches sway, roll and bounce as they go over uneven rails etc and the whole train behaves flexibly as each part is on a different part of the rails.

Adding this level of detail to the trains movement would significantly enhance the realism and I hope this is a feature you might wish to consider including in the game.

- matjamca
    :):love::)

• Like Like x 2
  2. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

There is cab sway
    What is the route that doesn’t have cab sway

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There is cab sway whilst inside the train, but I haven’t noticed it when viewing the train outside the cab.

4. UnlimitedMagic

If you look closely there is
    I guess they just need to make it more visible outside the cab

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Agreed :)

6. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

All things considered, as far as I'm concerned there is no sway when your not in the cab or when riding a train as a passenger. It doesn't seem as though there Is sway, if there is it's rather insignificant.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I agree, there is very little movement seen from outside the train and also when you ride as a passenger. In real life I like to look through to the carriage in front to see all the ways it moves in relation to the carriage I’m in. There is movement in every direction and there is bouncing about, and if you can see through to further carriages, the way they snake along as you reach a bend, adds to the fun to a journey and can be quite mesmerising. Riding as a passenger in TSW is very rigid. There is no sway like there is in the driver’s seat and the motion between the carriages is limited to very smooth side to side movement. It’s very unreal. I don’t think I’ve seen any movement of wagons or carriages from outside like you say either, just a little with the locos. Adding more realistic movement would be most welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I love watching the other carriages jiggle about too. Definitely part of the fun being on a train.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UnlimitedMagic

Especially on the underground since you can see clearly the other carriage

• Like Like x 2
  10. thesuperpuffin

thesuperpuffin Member

It would be nice if they include this on the bakerloo line as well as all the squeaks and squeals from the wheels

• Like Like x 2