PC Don't Make An Editor For Console!!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nielsmallant100, Jun 9, 2020.

1. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

what are you basing this on? Pretty serieus accusation?! Why would I lie about this

2. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

You Cannot release Mods on TSW. Only TS2020

3. nielsmallant100

well I have, lol. Clearly you are not up to date. I have released a horn mod, and repaints

4. djhawtin1

Oh Really Send Me The Link to prove is true

5. nielsmallant100

6. nielsmallant100

proof it works if you need it lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. djhawtin1

The Reskin Can I Have The Link To It

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. I guess the point that I am making is that it is one thing to really want a massive SDK style Editor to play with as a toy... and another to use it to meaningfully publish, and share/sell content. Epic have provided the toy part for free, if you want to experiment with creativity tools.

This is why I think the "Editor" for TSW should have more basic functionality (like livery and scenario creation) that more people can easily engage with, and get excited about. This is why I think that consoles should not be excluded. By excluding consoles, you would exclude 99% of the potential creative producers/sharers. Just trying to get back to the original topic... ;-)

I think that creation of raw content for TSW is far more complex than (traditionally) for TS1, and requires a higher quality standard (although some TS1 products are state of the art - often better than TSW). I am sure that you have found this with your sounds/artwork.

9. nielsmallant100

Its not a public repaint, its for a community I am part of, but here is a screenshot https://imgur.com/a/KiMcdkN

• Like Like x 1
  10. nielsmallant100

UE4 editor tool doesnt allow you to distribute your own creations without strict licensing, and not at all outside of epic store unless you pay them a lot

11. djhawtin1

Not Going To Lie That is very good
    But Rename the title = Editors on all game platforms

12. Plastic Pal

Do you mean licensing for sale....? Or does this include just sharing within an in-game eco-system....?

I am fairly sure that the latter is possible. When it comes to sales, that is when the issues start, including copyrights and a billion other related issues.

Creative commons is usually a safe area - as long as it is tightly controlled, in an internal eco-system.

13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

To be fair, I often don't understand what I have just said!

• Like Like x 1
  14. nielsmallant100

exporting it to share outside of the epic realm

15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

This does pose the question. Microsoft dont allow images to be imported. The scenario editor would be more than a current console could handle. Does this mean we’re treading water until the PS5 and XBox series X?

16. nielsmallant100

yeah thats what I am saying. Even if the consoles could handle the editor, it would be so incredibly limited

• Like Like x 1
  17. djhawtin1

Route Creator And Livery Creator for ALL Platforms (Consoles And PC's)
    just Copy Forza Horizon 4 Design and paints Area
    With TSW Hints

• Like Like x 1
  18. nielsmallant100

how would you create liveries if you cant import images or logo's. And how do you thing you can paint and drag and advanced controls with just a controller?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Hopefully today gives us a some sort of heading. I can totally understand the balancing act to be maintained, and it might be a good idea for people to put out of their minds, but we also need to know what Train Sim World is.

20. nielsmallant100

I just hope that DTG knows what TSW is

21. nielsmallant100

sorry this was referring to what?

22. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

They of course aren't going to release an Unreal Engine based editor for consoles, and I'm not sure why anyone would even want to use that on a console, nor that it's even possible to do so? Do people expect to use Microsoft Office and Photoshop on consoles too?

That being said, some sort of simplified tool that works on consoles seems reasonable. The title of this thread just tells everyone that you hate console users and don't want them to have an editor, just to spite them. I think Dovetail know what's possible and not...

• Like Like x 3
  23. Plastic Pal

Okay - I really don't understand this. How can PS4/XBox not be able to handle scenario editing? A scenario is basically just a list of really very basic instructions.

- Use this consist
    - Start here
    - Display text message here
    - Confirm action here

etc.

How is that beyond the capabilty of current gen consoles? What am I missing here, or failing to understand...? (I genuinely mean this - I seriously haven't got a clue what you mean).

NB: You'd obviously need to create a tool to edit and manage the instructions/events, and check scheduling compatibility for the AI trains... etc....... but that wouldn't be that complicated.... surely....? Not in terms of processing power.....?

• Like Like x 1
  24. nielsmallant100

I am not trying to show hate for console, I dont have any. Just that what DTG already showed us in december 2018 (the only thing we can assume will be the editor, their own words) will never work on console.

• Like Like x 1
  25. nielsmallant100

because in order to make the scenario, you need to be in the editor

• Like Like x 1
  26. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Im a console user & i want editor & dovetail is trying to get editor for console or at least to use use some content from editor

• Like Like x 2
  27. Plastic Pal

You need to be in .... an..... Editor. A tool that would need to be designed. You could also do it from a modified UE SDK..... but (as you have pointed out)... that is not going to be generally available... or even supported....

An Editor for liveries (an art utility) and an editor for scenarios (a logic utility) are completely different in terms of concept to a game-building engine SDK.

To be slightly silly for a second.... an Editor also doesn't have to include a break-out compiler for Windows 10. Most people won't be redesigning their OS. They also don't need to redesign the transitor layouts on the CPUs.... in order to say "Start at Reading, Platform 3".

28. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

console players=Tsw Why would they have tsw for only Pc. Pc players already have ts

• Like Like x 2
  29. nielsmallant100

I never said this

30. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I know you didn't say that matt said that tsw is popular among console players & That there wouldn't be tsw if there wasn't console players

31. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Plastic Pal livery editor- great, for Playstation it can work, but unless some revolution happens at microsoft you cant import images. So PC, PS4 will get logos and fine detail. The xbox version will look like its been drawn by hand. As for Console sales v PC and holding for the editor, its a Chicken and Egg situation. Editor happens- PC sales rise. At the moment many PC users for which Im not one btw. Prefer TSW’s predecessor for its greater library of content- driven by the fact it has an edit mode.

• Like Like x 1
  32. nielsmallant100

how would you make fine detail with a controller?

• Like Like x 1
  33. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

console players would not have TSW if computer players had not bought Train Simulator / DLC for 13 years.

you forgot or don’t know, but TSW was originally released only on PC.

for me, the DTG statement sounds strange, since console players will still not be able to create content at the computer level, because they don’t even have graphic editors and 3D modeling programs, and most importantly, UNREAL EDITOR is only for Windows!)

• Like Like x 5
  34. Plastic Pal

Oh, okay. Really...? I didn't know that that applied to XBox. So no decals at all can be imported into any XBox title...? I will have to look at Forza (I have this on PC, but it is XBox in origin...)... You can certainly import images into other racing games that are PC-specific.

35. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Well its confusing, on one hand DTG would be abandoning half there fan base, in the other hand the editor would be extremely limited. :(

36. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Yes, but by making the editor for console, which is near impossible, they're delaying it for everyone else. (Note, I play on PS4)

• Like Like x 1
  37. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im not in the Consoles shouldnt have an editor camp. Absolutely we should, but holding the PC editor up to make a one size fits all, is keeping many PC TSxx simmers at bay.

• Like Like x 1
  38. djhawtin1

Agree But Consoles should be given Route Creators (Private Only Routes) And Livery Creator (Private Liveries)

• Like Like x 3
  39. Plastic Pal

This is, without doubt, completely true. But times have moved on.

There would be no Call of Duty if Wolfenstein 3D wasn't developed on PC. There would be no Virtua Tennis, if it wasn't for Bat & Ball. No Mario Brothers without Pac-Man....

At least we can be grateful that TS1 and TSW are not limited to use on Apple Mac.... that would have been a disaster... ;-D

• Like Like x 2
  40. djhawtin1

look at forza

41. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

As a PC player, how would you know? I am a console player (though I do have some PC games, I could count them on one hand, and still have fingers spare), but I would like to see a track editor. If what you said was true, then there would never be any business management sims where you create whatever the subject is.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

At least we can be grateful that TS1 and TSW are not limited to use on Apple Mac.... that would have been a disaster... ;-D[/QUOTE]
    Lets hope this isnt the announcement later

• Like Like x 2
  43. Plastic Pal

Far more easily and more quickly than you ever could with a keyboard and mouse... if the art tool is designed for it.

Really - you should check out the artwork in GT Sport... none of which has been anywhere near a keyboard or mouse... (although original decal artwork would have been).

44. djhawtin1

TBH this is very idiotic

45. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

How about a PSN/Xbox dlc year subscription. £24.99 4 new detailed scenarios each month with abilty to sub consists. Maybe with a livery thrown in here and there. PC users could make scenarios off their own bat yes, but would need to purchase the assets.

46. nielsmallant100

THANK YOU

47. djhawtin1

48. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Guys with all this editor talk going on everywhere, I think we need to make something clear.

Are we talking about about the content editor (making new rolling stock, scenery objects, etc) or route editor? Because remember that TS has a built in route editor, not an asset creator/editor.

When DTG says they're making an editor for all platforms, I believe they're talking about a route editor, where you can use your assets that are already in the game, etc. Just like you did in TS. I belive route editor is coming for consoles, but don't an asset creator, as how the hell would you manage modelling and files and scripts on console, where you barely have any control over files and such?

Also I really find this console vs pc argument stupid, but it's just silly how console players say they keep TSW afloat, when most train simulators were always PC only, yet they somehow survived. I don't know where they get the player numbers, but even if the console player numbers are higher, it doesn't mean much. If it was PC exclusive, then most of the current console players would be forced to buy the PC version instead anyway, also if it was PC only then all the development time and cost for the PC versions could be spared, therefore it could stay profitable even with less players.
    I have no problem with TSW being on consoles, as it's nice to see a great and proper simulator being made for more platforms, but don't make stupid nonsense up, lol.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  49. djhawtin1

LIVERY CREATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ROUTE CREATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR CONSOLES!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  50. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

TBH speaking from my own experience, without TSW appearing as a intriguing PS4 title I thought worth a £25 punt. I would never have seen all the things I have with TSxx and some of the work that 3rd parties do. I just cant see editor route creator for current console. From what Ive read heard the next consoles are going to be beasts, and should handle route and scenario. Its just the legal aspect with microsoft holding it back, and if enhancement packs are made, will consoles have access.

• Like Like x 1