Disappointment

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OnScheduleW/ChickenWings, Jun 11, 2020.

1. OnScheduleW/ChickenWings

OnScheduleW/ChickenWings Member

I know I know.. Another of those threads, but I still can't get over it. I want to make clear that I had really high hopes for TSW and the fact that now, 3 years after it's launch, I have to buy an upgrade again where TSW felt like it was an unfinished product with lots of missing features.
    There's no point in arguing if there is false advertisement or not, I feel betrayed. Because of the DLC's that were limited to 1 or 2 routes, to the few number of services and scenarios, the lack of features that have already been mentioned everywhere (The bad E and M words, which by the way only turned into taboo words because DTG failed to deliver those same announced tools) and now the lack of transparency in this TSW 2 announcement. The meticulous choice of words in order to make things unclear for TSW 2 is shocking in my opinion, and with all this together, I feel betrayed and I'm sad to say that I lost all joy or even incentive to boot up this game again. DTG have lost a customer.

• Like Like x 13
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Please explain more on this. I don't see any ambiguity in what's been put out so far

3. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

they are being incredibly vague in the FAQ, using wording that is designed to be as grey as possible so they didn't promise anything. Alan Thomson explained this well in his video.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

I 100% agree with you. TSW1 was never really completed. I am let down. Many of us supported Dovetail's move to the Unreal engine, we knew it would take time, and we were patient. Take note, TSW2 it not start development last week. So, while they have been shilling DLC to us on a game we have been supporting, they knew they had a new game coming out. They did the same thing with their flight sim, they knew they were going to end the game but kept advertising the game and taking peoples money.

• Like Like x 12
  5. OnScheduleW/ChickenWings

"Why don't you upgrade TSW 2 like you did TSW 2020"
    My question: Why didn't they write: "Why is TSW 2 a Paid upgrade and not Free like TSW2020" ? I'll tell you:
    Because It would put off people way faster. I know to read in between the in betweens in Marketing.
    The same goes with coming up with a marketing name for the simple fact that "TSW2020 material will not have the full features" as DLC for TSW 2. "Preserved Collection" is what happens when the marketing team sits together and debates "How do we put this in words so we don't offend existing TSW customers?" It's all deliberate and the fact that they decided to do this in the first place is already offending enough, because you invested in something (TSW) that has lost all its value in the current state (Not the same funcitonality).

Now I'm not here to convince anyone, don't get me wrong. I'm just highly disappointed and I can't enjoy products that are made by a company that acts in these kind of manners. It clashes with my own values. I'm really sad to say I'm done with TSW and DTG

• Like Like x 13
  6. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

Until you all stop handing over your cash to them, they'll continue to fleese you for it. Too easy for them currently.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And microsoft, Apple, EA, HP and a lot of other tech companies... Free upgrades aren't the norm, and that we've had them with TSx and TSW has been an "added bonus" rather than an expectation
    If you feel let down, I can appreciate that may be the case, but from my point of view if they take specific effort to move from one engine to the other then they should charge for it. If it means certain routes won't work on the new engine, then let them go.
    Certainly I don't remember this sentiment in upgrading Windows 98 to Vista...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The reason this isn't a free upgrade is because this is a much deeper update than anything we've seen for RailWorks or the upgrade to TSW2020. I'm pretty sure those who are experienced with game development will agree that editing existing code is harder than making new code. TSW was rushed with huge mistakes made when coding it (hence how broken it is) and if it was going to be an update to the original game it would break countless amounts of things.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OnScheduleW/ChickenWings

The point is, I would pay for a new product IF there were enough things to justify it, while at the same time not having to be treated like a dumb person by misleading text elaboration. I'm also more than sure (since it was mentioned in the FAQ) that you will have to pay again when they upgrade to another version to be able to create steam engines. Now if you always have to pay for a new game that includes minor changes like these, then good luck.
    All of those arguments unfortunately do nothing regards my disappointment. I feel betrayed. I get what you guys mean, but it just isn't the same regarding this franchise. And deep down, you all know it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

What AT explained well in his first look video is how much baggage has come with TSW for people who have been along for the ride from the start, especially those who were long-time simmers with TS before. To those people, TSW has been a long wait with promise after promise not coming true, broken features and less realistic physics. I’m glad I wasn’t in from the start, and I’ve said that before here on the forum. I think for someone very knowledgable and who has been there from the start his video was well balanced, and he was hopeful for what is to come, but rightly points out the reiteration of old promises, half measures in relation to the editor and the ridiculous point at the end of the FAQ about vindication for choosing ‘the wrong game engine’ from the start. The longer you have been in, the harder these things are to swallow. TSW2 may be a great step in the right direction but for a lot of people it’s still not going to be what they imagined or were led to believe at the very beginning.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I am only disappointed with the length of the ICE route. I don't want TSW2 to follow the same path as its predecessor. I hope there is careful planning and that the sections will be built in blocks through new DLCs until they reach the appropriate lengths for an InterCity and Inter-City-Express service. Then start the launch from Aachen-Köln until you draw a network that leads to Frankfurt (via Köln) or even Brussels (via Aachen). This would be what I would like to see in a really new title.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. SimonMV6R1719

SimonMV6R1719 New Member

well hopefully they will give a Loyalty discount for us long running members?

• Like Like x 2
  13. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

With the greatest of respect this is a nonsense argument.

It's an incremental update to Unreal 4 engine. No it's not a particularly easy task, necessarily, but it's not scratch building the entire game either. Indeed, there's a reason all the legacy content is coming along for the ride, it's easy enough to do. Even if it was a scratch build, or a huge heavy re-rwite, that's still not a good enough excuse. Steam and other stores will easily allow you to provide an entirely different game in place of an existing one to people who've purchased it, or allow two games side by side. Look at all the remastered editions of games that are given to players for free if they already own the game - often these are built in new or upgraded game engines, too.

It's also short-sighted. They can sell us the new content, yes. Selling us the engine, even if some of us don't want the content they're offering? Well, why should I pay them for the privilege to pay them in the future for content I might actually want? That's pretty much losing a customer right there, and for what?

You also admit that mistakes were made in TSW's approach. Joke. Why are the customers footing the bill for their errors? People purchased this game with expectations it'll be supported with new content for years and years to come, and now, due to DTG dropping the ball, the customers are the ones who must pay just for the privilege of paying for more content down the road? And you defend this practice? How and in what mind are you in. Are you the sort of person who lets a builder into their house to totally bodge the job then charge you again to come to fix their mistakes?

The answer: so they can make a quick buck and try and make their customers pay for their own short-sighted approach to how TSW was built while they're at it. Gotta make up the cash they're loosing not pumping out DLC while they do this, after all?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  14. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Never say never!... it might happen, who knows :)

15. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

TSW, for all of its promises and fails, is an affront to TS and every customer that has invested hundreds (perhaps thousands) in TS. TSW2 is that same mis-step.

TSW is the answer nobody asked for, given the green light by crowd funding.

TSW is not the TS2 prototype the world deserved. It can be likened to a cheap imitation copy with slightly better graphics and none of the depth of Railworks64.

It's insane that development has gotten to this stage.

• Like Like x 3
  16. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Given the obvious raising of temperature in this thread, I'm just going to make a swift appearance so you know it's being seen. Providing temperatures and associated language are kept in check carry on the topic as you wish. There is a tendency, particularly when players are passionate about a subject for exponential escalation in language to occur, if that happens I'll lock the thread.

As you were.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dunkrez

Thanks Sam.

Be great if you could share your thoughts on what I've just stated.

I've invested in every bit of DLC TSW has to offer barring the latest German route. I've also invested in 261 pieces of DTG TS content, and countless 3rd party add ons.

I think what the community need to hear is that TS1 will become TS2 - using everything learned from TSW and TSW2. Graphically, they are the gold standard. From a user experience and simulation perspective, TS1 is the gold standard.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  18. DTG Protagonist

Train Sim World is the follow-up to Train Simulator.

What the community need to hear is the truth, and that's what we're trying to give them. No varnish, no optimistic promises, just the facts. The engine powering Train Simulator is positively archaic. It runs well only because it's had a decade of time invested in it, and even then there are still shortcomings. Dovetail are supporting TS1 and continuing to release new add-ons for it because players have invested a massive amount of time, and in some cases money, into their collections - you don't just switch off something you've spent 10 years making.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. dunkrez

I'd argue that TSW is the side step from TS. In my most humble of opinions.

Something is only archaic if it's been left to become archaic. Nothing time, investment and passion can't fix.

If TSW is DTG's way forward, then there's a fresh gap in the market for a proper Train Simulator.

All of that content for TS1 just being left to rot is the deepest of shames.

• Like Like x 5
  20. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Nice to know that TS1 is still having new content produced.

However, 10 years of time and investment by players is ok but 3 years of time and investment, can be "switched off"?

21. dunkrez

The community have released so many patches, fixes and updates for TS2020 that it's unbelievable. That's investment of time, money and passion.

I think the community would like DTG to reciprocate that time, money and passion by investing in TS1.

I know that if it were me at the helm of DTG, I'd be looking to make all content backwardly compatible between TS and whatever it's next logical iteration would be. Otherwise, there's going to be a lot of people that feel ripped off and probably quite rightly so.

TS2020 does everything TSW does but better aside from delicate lighting, materials and reflections. Train enthusiasts don't need a walking simulator.

They need the return of the King of Train Simulators. I'd go as far as to say rebrand it as Railworks so all negative connotation associated with TSW and TS as brands are eventually forgotten.

• Like Like x 3
  22. DTG Protagonist

It's not being switched off, though. It's all forward compatible. Not with the full feature-set, but still as playable as it is right now.

I won't convince you of anything you don't already believe Longo, you've made your position clear, but the evolution from TSW to TSW 2 is nothing like that from TS to TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  23. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

• TS2020- is still live and well, so how exactly is it been left to rot (rhetorical question)
    • Speake for your self not the community please. I personally would much rather see investment into a current/modern simulator than TS. However I have no issue with TS and its dedicated team supporting it either. The two can co-exists and neither one will be taking resources from the other.
    • While this may be your personal opinion, I for one would not claim TS2020 does everything TSW does and better, its simply a faculty inaccurate statement. Just like calling it a walking sim is simply absurd.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  24. dunkrez

25. longo239

I can't get over how much of computer speak, I have been totally getting wrong over the years.

• Bug fixes are development not support.
    • Forward compatible means runs but won't be able to use features from a newer version.
    But with all due respect that's what you are being paid to say. Why are a lot of people seeing it so differently?

• Like Like x 5
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think all talk about further development of Train Simulator would be better in the Train Simulator forum and keep this thread for talking about TSW and TSW2. It’s getting awfully confusing flipping between the two conversations.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Definitely not the same, yes. From what we, as users can see, I would compare the evolution from TSW to TSW2 to the one from Rail Simulator to Railworks, or from Railworks to Train Simulator. Train Simulator 2020 is basically still Rail Simulator to the core, it just went through a lot of changes to make fixes and implement new features and impovements.

And when looking at it like this, I can sort of understand the need for a re-release and a new title. After all in the past you had to buy Railworks again, even if you owned Rail Simulator before, and I believe you had to buy Train Simulator, even if you owned Railworks. So the problem isn't necessarily the fact that you have to buy TSW2 again, but rather the fact that the TSW routes don't get supported anymore and don't get the TSW2 features. Because if you look at TS1 as a comparison, the Isle of Wight route, which was I believe the first add-on for Rail Simulator, even that got the new features of Railworks and Train Simulator, like the cab sway, rain effects on windscreen, etc.

So DTG Protagonist, I hope you guys (the dev team) understand that this is the reason many people are so upset about this whole TSW2 thing. Of course this while re-release is already a bit of a bummer, but would be much more acceptable if the old content didn't get forgotten.

• Like Like x 9
  28. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

I think TSW has been a massive learning curve for DTG. You can literally see the improvement in the quality of the UK DLC as time has progressed.

Upthread, DTG are being criticised for vague announcements. That's not duplicity. That's DTG showing that they have learnt not to promise more than they can deliver. That's a very important learning for regaining the trust of the fanbase, but it won't come overnight, and there is a long way to go before the stream of negativity on here is overcome.

• Like Like x 4
  29. dunkrez

I believe that previously, the same goodwill was smashed around the time TSW appeared.

The core base back then got a 64-bit upgrade. They deserved so much more.

Maybe I'll be blown away by TSW2's compatibility with my TS1 and TSW collection.

30. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Apart from being factually wrong, why did you buy almost all the TSW DLC if you think it added nothing to your experience? Perhaps its because TSW actually is a big improvement on TS from a gameplay perspective (I.e. when your in the game world). The graphics are vastly improved (TSs' age is really apparent visually) and the ability to hop around from train to train at the end of a service, or even just hop out the check the headlights work at the beginning of the service like I would do in real life really adds to the experience. Whats holding TSW back is content, be it scenarios, routes or locos and this can only be significantly improved with a widespread editor release. I strongly believe that third parties like Armstrong Powerhouse would turn TSW from a good simulator into a mindbogglingly realistic experience that would blow anything in TS out of the water.

• Like Like x 7
  31. dunkrez

You raise some good points. I found TSW before TS, hence the DLC collection. Despite playing devils advocate on here, I fully support DTG in their endeavours in the most realistic way: by buying their products. From then on, it's up to me as the customer to form an opinion on what I've purchased. Why do I do this?

Because I'm mad about trains :)

From my perspective, DTG have in their hands, the modern take on owning a model railway. I grew up with the first waves of home computing and programming, back when we had 4 channels on the TV and playing trains in the attic interfered with the TV picture. As I grew older, had my own kids etc, it just became impractical to have a full model layout for me. Then I discovered Train Sim World one evening on the PS4. It slowly reeled me in and rekindled my love of trains.

Over time I found many issues with TSW on the ps4, but, I had in my possession a beast of a PC, my dev machine. I was on a sabbatical from work and decided that maybe I'd give Train Simulator a go and that my dev machine would run it to a decent degree so I installed it on there.

My first run with TS was disappointing. Graphically, it was a huge drop from TSW. And it didn't run very well either. So I went on a mission to see what I could do to improve things. I even made a thread on here so people could reference it at a later date if attempting to do the same.

In the end, I got TS2019 running at 40 - 50 fps, in 4k with graphics options maxed, RWenhancer tweaked to perfection. From there I began building my TS collection. Every sale, getting a few more loco's and routes, building a really big collection. I found all the enhancement packs I could, 3rd party locos, just everything to raise the bar and enhance the experience.

After a while I found walking in TSW to be a chore, when in TS, I'm just there sat in the cab ready to set up. Perhaps walking would be nice as an inclusion, but I'd prefer it to be optional.

After a while I started using sweetfx too, for fakehdr, godrays, reflections. This has cost me frames, so now TS runs at about 35 - 45 fps, but I figure this is acceptable. TSW runs at about 45 fps with everything at ultra at 4k.

TS is amazing to me because it combines a perfect mix of computing and trains. With the effort I've put in, the difference between TS and TSW on my system is now quite small compared to vanilla TS installations.

Its likely that AP are working with DTG on TSW content already, and already have. Like you said, content is what holds TSW back.

I'd like to see all DTG content run in one all encompassing engine, graphically to TSW's standards but with the content, tools and freedoms of Train Simulator. Gran Turismo 5 supported older models, as an example.

We're all here because we like driving trains. I'm just looking at what the best view of that might look like spanning decades. Will we still be able to drive our TS1 classics in 25 years time?

I can still drive my decades old 00 models. DTG have something brilliant here across the board and I'd like to see them shine.

• Like Like x 6
  32. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

TS1 is vastly more advanced than TSW in terms of gameplay, as well as simulation (which actually lends itself to gameplay). TSW2 might edge towards TS1, but for now, comparing TS1 to TSW....... TS1 has got:

- far more active interaction (you actually need to concentrate on driving the train - always);
    - the scenarios are populated with lots of AI, for you to catch-up and/or be path-managed with;
    - adhesion is simulated, and power application must be done with care, including after you are underway;
    - poor driving is penalised, including using excessive power against braking (although you can build some amps),
    - poor driving is penalised, including excessive revs/fuel use/wrong gear;
    - timekeeping is properly (savagely) penalised - including for freight services;
    - some scenarios make use of G-force.....;
    - TS1 has a labelled map, so you can learn routes more easily;
    - things like speed limit signs can be read and interacted with (without recourse to a HUD);
    - many scenarios include detailed scripted storylines (even better than the TSW MSB scenarios);
    - the points system actually reflects your ability to drive the train, so that you are encouraged to develop your skill;
    -
    the gold/silver/bronze/tick career progress is meaningful, and TS1 scenarios are therefore replayable....

I could go on (steam engines, works buildings you can actually use, the editor......).

TSW does have the truly immersive/atmospheric feature of walking around, but when it comes to driving, and actual interaction, TS1 is way ahead of the relatively passive experience on TSW.

But TS1 is also immersive in other ways that are quite subtle, like FOV and scale (there is something not quite right with TSW, I suspect that it is built to a 1.6:1 scale.... whereas TS1 seems scaled 1:1). Even the people seem more realistic in the way they move (even if they are more cartoonish)....

But the really immersive bit, where TS1 wins hands down.... is with light sources that actually generate reflections. The Class 20, 31, 37... etc... do not project a beam onto infrastructure in TSW... and it makes them all a bit dead in TSW. Also, in TS1 there is no utterly obtrusive dynamic shadow radius, like you get with TSW.... with sleepers popping in ......in front of your face.

I started with TSW, and moved on.... to TS1, just like dunkrez. I am not an ingrained/biased user of TS1 - I am saying it as it is.... TS1 is vastly better than TSW, in my experience/opinion. And TS1 actually looks better than TSW, in terms of performance (including on PC) - the TS1 worlds can be really well populated and built out, without suffering from pop-in - you get to see landscapes unfold, not pop-in..... And although UE looks nice in TSW..... TS1 can look like this without any sort of enhancement (this is a vanilla TS1 route):

Screenshot_GEML London Ipswich_51.84032-0.70161_07-05-07.jpg

Note how the fencing and gantries go on and on.....into the distance - you never ever see that in TSW - never ever....

• Like Like x 8
  33. Dinosbacsi

You've got a point there, but let's be honest, TS1 only looks this good if you're taking screenshots from low angles and narrow FOV. In proper gameplay camera the difference gets pretty noticable.

You mentioned certain UK trains not casting light from their headlight, from what I know that's pretty realistic. IRL the train headlights in the UK (and in many countries) are not strong enough to illuminate the track ahead, they're simply on the train so it's visible in the dark for others to see. In my opinion headlights in TS1 are just too bright and strong, on certain trains they are too strong even in TSW as well, but TSW is no doubt better graphics and lightings wise. Most of the visual issues in TSW you brought up (like the sleepers popping in) are only there because at least TSW has those features, while TS1 doesn't. Though I agree TSW could use some more graphical optimalization and tweaking. But my point is that TSW is obviously superior in terms of graphics.

But I do agree that routes often feel a bit dead because the distant scenery is often unfinished and ugly (like the distant hills on Sand Patch or Peninsula Corridor). TSW has much more potential, the scenery would just need a bit more time and effort put into them.

• Like Like x 2
  34. dunkrez

• Like Like x 1
  35. Plastic Pal

Funnily enough... until I tried TS1.... I had exactly the same belief about TSW. But I was very very wrong.

It depends on what you mean by "graphics".... To me, TS1 is far superior in terms of graphics. And gameplay. And immersion. And simulation. And functionality. And scope. It's also currently.... far far cheaper.... to build out an awesome collection.

Have you tried TS1....?

• Like Like x 1
  36. Dinosbacsi

Of course I have. In fact I started with Rail Simulator way back before 2010.

Sorry, I mean I'm happy for you if you're satisfied with TS1's graphics, but TS1 hasn't aged well graphics wise and that's a fact. TSW's got better dynamic shadows, much better reflections, physically based rendering, higher quality 3D assets, much better foliage system (it uses SpeedTree I believe?) and an amazing motion blur (even if it's a bit weird looking at the wheels).

On the other hand TS1 doesn't have that much reflection wise, everything feels "flat". No reflections in windows and on surfaces, metals and rails aren't shiny, headlights cast light in a funny and really oldschool way, no "depth" to textures (because no PBR), ground textures are really low resolution, etc.

I agree that TS1 can be better in many ways, especially regarding gameplay features, but TSW is better graphics wise. It uses UE4 after all, in comparison to TS1 that is built on a more than 13 year old game engine. It's still impressive what they've managed to get out of it, but sadly it's old and it shows.

• Like Like x 2
  37. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

I have honestly not once experienced this in TS, not to say your not been truthful however I have the exact opposite experience, TS performance is abysmal for me on any route or scenario, constant hitches and frame pacing problems and assets load lag every 6 seconds or so. And that's with the game installed on an nvme ssd with an i7 9700k and RTX2080ti, had the same performant issues on every system I have ever installed TS on since 2012 when attempting to push resolutions higher than 1080p ( I normally run at 3440x1440) and prior to the 64bit upgrade it was 50-50 if the game would crash and burn due to its generic out of memory error so id say TS is hardly a standard of usability or performance but again that's from my user experience of it over the years.

So for me at least TS runs like utter garbage on what most would consider a relatively high end system vs the 100fps I can achieve on TSW. I will agree with you on one thing TSWs default settings with no ini tweaks do lead to insane pop in however these can be corrected with ini tweaks for the most part but that does not give it a pass either , these options should be in the UI for the end user and not require ini tweaks to enable.

• Like Like x 1
  38. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I don’t understand the point you are trying to make. If you feel that’s TS classic is so perfect why are you so concerned about the development problems and lack of editor for TSW? Just pretend it doesn’t exist and keep playing TS.

39. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

He's concerned because he wants to be. Note : He never actually said he played TS1.

40. dunkrez

Try my guide: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...mance-and-visual-quality-4k.18396/#post-96377

See what TS is like when it's running well.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  41. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  42. Plastic Pal

I am not concerned about there being no editor in TSW, and I have never have been concerned about it, because I came too late to the party to feel that it was promised to me. I like both TS1 and TSW, for different reasons. I flag the benefits and mature features of TS1 for various reasons:

1. To point out just how early in development TSW really is.....;
    2. To indicate the features that I would like to see in TSW, to make it a livelier and more immersive experience;
    3. To hopefully dissuade the TSW developers from going down the wrong track with some features (like Mastery and Action Points and pointlessly ill-defined medals.....);
    4. To hopefully persuade the developers to include critical features like a labelled map in TSW; etc.

And I am doing exactly what you suggest. I have had TS1 for 3 months and TSW for two years..... but, I think that after the sale on Steam this week, my investment (in cash terms) in TS1 compared to TSW will be about a 3:1 ratio (and likely to stay at that ratio for the foreseeable future). The time ratio will probably become something like 10:1, because you get so much more bang with your buck on TS1......

There are things in TSW that I would like to see in TS1 as well.... such as a gamepad controller input instead of a mouse cursor to grab things....

BTW - I do like giving time to TSW, on PS4, because.... and this is a fairly stupid reason I know.... it is just much easier to casually switch on the PS4 and play TSW... than it is to switch on a PC and log in, and log in again..... and wait for an update (Steam is always updating something.......)..... and then play - but when I do get on the PC..... it usually turns into a very long session.... ;-)

NB1: I am not anti-PC or anti-console..... I am pro-both. I am very much pro-PC and pro-console...... ;-)

NB2: I am not anti-TS1 or anti-TSW..... I am pro-both. I am very much pro-TS1 and pro-TSW..... ;-)

• Like Like x 7
  43. TrainSim_Fan

44. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Why is everyone showing such negativity for a game that has not released yet. It's ok to critique a game about pretty much everything but not a game that is not even out yet. I will admit it I have stated my feelings towards the game but that's my feelings and my thoughts others have their own.
    Also watch Alan Thompson he is a great guy who is literally about TSW/TS. He is also a highly credited person in the community. He has great opinions and sometimes may catch the things DTG may do. He also makes review/first look videos.

DISCLAIMER: In no way or shape am I linking his video here for his views just to show that he has some great points.
    I'm not on DTG's side our TS classic or TSW's side here
    Nor am I on Pc or consoles side.

• Like Like x 2
  45. TrainSim_Fan

I'm showing negativity because................I can. XD

46. dunkrez

Alan Thomson's views on TS and TSW are usually spot on. Like you said, each to their own though.

• Like Like x 4
  47. TrainSim_Fan

I agree, every time I'm unsure of wether I want to buy a DLC hes the go to guy.

• Like Like x 2
  48. longo239

• Like Like x 1
  49. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Appreciate you put a guide together and are trying to help, however your settings are no different to mine albeit I run a lower resolution, and I simply don't find sub 30fps enjoyable. Anyway don't wish to derail this thread into a TS performance gripe :D I have loved and still love TS however I am firmly in the camp of bring on a brand new modern sim, not one that has to make compromises. That was meant to be TSW and well that's gone about as well as Trains Sims performance :P

• Like Like x 2
  50. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very pleased with the tsw2

• Like Like x 1