I've Seen Enough

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RamanySquare, Jun 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RamanySquare

RamanySquare Member

It was Early 2020. I was a user of Train Simulator. Heard about all the good things about TSW, and bought it. I couldn’t understand why so many people were apprehensive of it.

Time goes on. I never used to be big on video games. But TSW was one of the first I was genuinely excited about. I begin to purchase more DLC, in the hopes that they would also hold into the future. My hopes were fulfilled for a while with substitutions.

End of March, 2020 - HRR releases. Very excited to see the 425. One of the most versatile German rolling stock. I thought it would substitute in MSB too. On release, it wasn’t able to. No big deal, I thought. We were told it was being worked on.

June 2020 - I have almost all German DLC. My impression of DTG and TSW is very positive. Too much maybe. A big teaser. Maybe TSW2021 I thought. My expectations were right, except it was “TSW2” without the 021. A new game.

I was caught off guard, considering it was a whole new game. I was really excited. Thought “maybe all our old problems will finally be fixed”. New core improvements. Sky. Adhesion. Editor. Even though I was told Old DLC would be “as-is”, I thought few improvements, such as adhesion and the scenario editor, would at least be able to be used.

Today - I wake up. Couldn’t watch the QA stream, so read through a handy transcript prepared by the TSC members. My excitement turns to surprise, anger and then upsetness. When I was told “old DLC will stay as-is” I didn’t expect them to be completely buried under a graveyard named “Preserved collections”. DLC I bought as early as a month ago would hold no value. New routes, especially Köln-Aachen, would be limited by rolling stock. With the services carried by the ICE and 442; Köln could not be busier than Finnentrop.

I am disappointed. Maybe I expected too much, but I know I’m not the only community member who is upset. All the time and money I spent on TSW is suddenly invalid. I don’t know how I can justify spending more on DTG. Seems like us old players don’t hold any more value for DTG.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I do.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RamanySquare

RamanySquare Member

I sure wish I did.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I agree as well. If I had known the LIRR M3 was released in the state it's in without any more patches, I would have requested a refund the same day. It is great that they are being transparent from here on out, but it still leaves a very sour taste for TSW1 users. It basically reinforces this idea that Train Sim World was early access for Train Sim World 2.

The relatively cheap price for TSW2 is enticing enough where I'm not taking a huge risk purchasing it, but as for the purchase for future DLCs on this platform, that will be up to Dovetail based on how transparent they are about fixing launch day bugs and any issues that we may arise.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree as well I was filled with with excitement over the new announcement, and was looking to the Q&A stream today. After watching and listening to some of the answers it felt like I was hit over the head with a mallet. As someone who also has invested a lot of money and owns all content less the Class 20 until it is released. I was very disappointed with the fact that all the content including the upcoming release of the Class 20 are now considered preserved content.

So now that content is considered preserved if they have any outstanding bugs and there are still outstanding bugs in most of the routes to date. They will not be any fixes for these outstanding bugs. So I guess fingers crossed that the Class 20 is released bug free otherwise it will never get fixed as well.

As for our saved data not being able to transferred over from TSW2020 to TSW2 I fine with starting over again is not always a bad thing, but it would have nice if there was a way it could be done with out risking corrupting the new simulator.

I am happy that they are going to be honest with us going forward and not hide things from us anymore or give us false hope. The launching of the road map is a good thing, showing us what they are working on that will be in the simulator and its progress.

Hoping that the additional Q&A stream will answer a lot more questions in greater detail leading up to the release of TSW2.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah looks like poor M3 stays in this broken state forever. Such a shame, I also bought it despite it's flaws because I thought "it just released recently, there is going to be a bugfix for it for sure, right?", well apparently no. Same for the whole LIRR route as well. Looks like the buggy ATC, the missing trackside signs and the empty timetable is never going to get fixed. You will not even be able to use the scenario editor on it, so you don't even have the chance to at least make your own missions to have proper traffic in them.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Many on this these forums have previously expressed concerns that DTG were digging themselves a very big hole, by releasing DLC after DLC without fixing the core game issues. The more DLC that was released the bigger the job of fixing the content became.

It would appear they have now found bedrock and the solution is to walk away. As I type this I am looking at the black box on my shelf with "railworks" written on the side. I have spent far more than I would like to admit on both the original TS and TSW over the past 8-9 years. but I just don't think I can justify the investment in TSW2. If we can't use our existing TSW content on the newer routes and we have to start again from a progress perspective, there's very little at this point that makes me want to buy TSW2.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Completely agree to this, i was surprised about TSW 2 instead of TSW 2020, the progress thing was annoying, but i was starting to get my head into tsw 2, then i watched then stream last night, now im not interested at all, having bought most of the DLC for tsw 2020, for them to be preserved? Also whats a load of cobblers about any issues needs a 'ticket submitting' still after all this time i cant get to manchester with being thrown out the game ( yes ive submiited tickets about it). Excluding the features they have said about tsw 2, its basucally the same game, with nithing added thats been requested.
    I feel really hard done by from DTG.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you deliberately lied for a decade, many people believed in you, and then suddenly you get them to reality by telling the truth.

This is hopefully a new start for DTG, fewer lies, more facts. I'm looking forward to TSW2. Scenario creator seems nice (I'm sure we will find a way of sharing stuff anyway) and there are many artists out there that will be using the liveries creator. I like TSW and given that basically nothing changed in TSW2 (apart from adhesion and "dynamic" skies) I'll like it too.

But, I'm going to buy it just because there are no alternatives or better companies producing an equivalent product.

• Like Like x 4
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Surprise, Surprise(!)

• Like Like x 3