June Sail Now Active

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ighten, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Ighten

Ighten Member

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

What? We're going boating?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ighten

Ighten Member

oops --- I blame the Zinfandel

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can edit the thread title

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well thanks to my wallet "sailing" up the river and parting with a bit more of its precious cargo, I've actually hit a landmark with my DLC's...

Image3.jpg

Please don't tell the Wife!

:D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cyclone

But then it loses its beauty. Yar saying yar not interested in sailing the seven seas, matey?

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have been playing the game since 2013
    DLC .jpg

With just over 100 routes and a number of US - DLC not installed
    Including a number of locos not available thru Steam

Peter

8. Cyclone

WEAK! My four month collection has beaten you! And will only GROW, matey!

(Disclaimer: bundled items count as one DLC each. i.e. every app counts, whereas a "package" may contain multiple apps. By this logic, I have 106 DLC items/packages if you go down the Steam page.)

Attached Files:

• DLC.png
      DLC.png
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
  9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yeah but my circle is neater than yours.. :cool:

Hey I take the small victories where I can.. :D

But seriously, I too bought the game in 2013 but I hardly played it, I bought it on a whim in a sale after seeing a streamer playing it, I didn't buy my first additional DLC until August 2018 which then gave me a total (inc the content pre-bundled with the base game) of 15 DLC's, again still wasn't really into it I just wanted the SWC stuff as that's my local line, I think I had about 3 1/2 hours in it at that point.
    Come October 2019 I'd gotten bored with a lot of my existing game library so I picked back up on TS (after a little uninspired dabble with T.A.N.E.) and bought another 3 route DLC's during a sale, it was at this point TS got its hooks into me.
    By the end of February this year I'd purchased another 31 DLC's (all via bundles and sales) another route in March and 5 in April, again by following the sales.
    May was a big month for me as I increased my DLC count to 97 after adding 41 additional DLC's, June so far has taken that number to its current 100.

I have a feeling that number will continue to rise.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not weak, Married! :D

11. Cyclone

Excuses... :cool:

12. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

With a Raildriver that will work in TSW 2..... ;-)

I wonder how long it will be before you offer a diamond ring to the reverser handle.......

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cyclone

My story is interesting, too. I first heard this game referenced in November 2019, mostly as a Discord joke when a college contest prize was any game the winner wants from Steam. Someone joked "Train Simulator and all of its DLC". That was when I first looked at it and my eyes nearly exploded at the $5,645 figure then (it was during a sale).

Humble came along with a February bundle and I counted eight routes and eight trains, which research told me were connected to each of the eight routes (one of them with scenarios for another route in addition to the featured one). I decided this would be something to try out. I eventually played a few of the tutorials. I then was doing more DLC research, with a list from February 15 listing, at the time, every single DLC available to me in Canada including Welsh Marches and all of the South Wales Coastal stuff. I then turned that into a second list organized by route, with trains that featured scenarios for the route listed under it (some appeared up to four times in this fashion). This is why routes like Horseshoe Curve and West Coast Main Line can be identified by me, as they each have a large quantity of available trains to drive in scenarios along them, so it made these routes instant needs. I eventually picked up, two weeks after Humble's bundle was over, Donner Pass, London-Brighton (which I had found 1,800+ tags for in the workshop), and Ruhr-Sieg. I did not know at the time that the asset packs were bundled with routes, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that both were now in my library and was griting my teeth about having to buy a separate asset pack until that point. The Southern 4CIG and A4 Pacifics were in the packages purchased, as well.

March was my first real shopping spree, picking up 10 routes. These also got me the HST, the 170, and the 801. Nine days later, I found keys for 2019 and 2018, and after thinking about it, bought and activated them. This got me North Wales Coastal plus the five routes and extensions in 2019, and the other stuff from 2018 including a 442. I tried to buy and activate a 2017 key, but I was given the wrong key, and noticed later that I ended up downloading Sherman Hill. I noted I was given the wrong product, and I requested the correct product. They refused. I appropriately requested a refund after multiple attempts to show them that they were mistaken, and only got anywhere after filing a Paypal dispute for the wrong product. Probably won't shop on that site again. I then found South Wales Coastal was going away and bought the entire thing, which led to the Bristol-Cardiff being added free after my first time learning about the package not working (I've since given them a solution pertaining to the Goblin Lines version of this). As for Sherman Hill, I bought the Battle package in May, so would have eventually had that anyway.

I then got a few items in the select sale in April. I found and bought the Virgin pack from Humble on April 17 (it's gone from the site now, zero regrets). Chinese items went on sale end of April, I picked up three: two from the Chinese Edition of the game at 50% off, and China High Speed with the 380A. (fun fact: the smaller route is a separate entity and is NOT in any way bundled like with South Wales Coastal, with the 380D requiring it, but that route was not on sale even though the train was, and I held off.) Also got my first scenario packs in April. May saw my biggest spree to date, and I am probably going to slow down now. I got two full and two mini scenario packs, the minis around the GP40-2 I just picked up with the Sherman Hill package. I got the Goblin Lines package, and the South London Network. I got Morristown, and Canadian Mountain Passes (finally, CN trains!). I got Munich-Augsburg. I got Netherfield and all the steam locos with it. I picked up my 70, EWS 66, Freightliner 66, 158, and in a 419 bundle, the regular 4CIG and 4VEP, among many other cheap pickups including the Green and Gold *** packet. I'm good for some workshop play now, but I am still missing a few key routes like Settle to Carlisle, London-Ipswich, London-Peterborough, Western Lines of Scotland (I held off to see if it's a better deal this month, doubt it though), Shap, Trent Valley, and maybe a couple more. May need American ones too, but I need to finish the London network area so I can confidently move about the London part of the workshop. Need to still get LGV to finish 2017 package, and also find a couple more German routes and locos, but otherwise I have enough content for years of play now, perhaps.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. cygnet0115

cygnet0115 Member

Please can anyone in the community explain why there are 2 sale sites and the one with no reductions
    is the one where you can use your wallet
    Thank you

Attached Files:

15. RGoo

RGoo Member

There isn’t currently meant to be a sale on steam

16. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Steam don't presently have a sale on. Their summer sale is believed due on June 25th.

DTG have a sale in their store running to June 22nd (I believe).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Ighten

Ighten Member

Steam tries to have its sales Store wide across all items (big hit big money as it covers a mass of games) - however that doesnt mean that vendors/publishers cant sell codes themselves at a discount at any time (hence the reason Green man gaming etc etc and DTGs own store can run there own sales)... DTG Usually run there own sale before the Steam Sale and get a little bit extra cash flow as Steam dont take a %.. The weird thing is though that the prices dont always match (you can find a DTG sale price is still dearer than the Steam price later - but such is marketing)

If your wondering why the ingame store links to Steam prices and not DTG store I think (based on what Frontier devs once said) is thats a contractual requirement

Dont worry about it - just always search between steam - DTG - and key code vendors

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1