Tsw2 And The Remains Of Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WVUadam, Jun 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

we all have our favorite routes that have been released in Train sim world and it has been very exciting with our own experiences.

Following from the first live QA live stream my main concern is our collection not being able to use the new features this includes "Journey planner" , "Livery designer" in TSW2. For a game like this, this should of been top priority if planned to make a new iteration of the game. This is because firstly there would be content within TSW 2 to actually use these features. At this point we are only going to be able to use three routes and we are going to have to start paying for DLCs to use this features.

This also brings on the point of the standalone locos aswell TSW have plenty of them and should be implemented in TSW2. All the content is already there to use these features . DTG knows this and it is very anti consumer friendly.

This model is quite worrying and for the years to come. Because right now all the dlc we pay for will be classed as "preserved" , get ported into the new game and not get new features.

I hope the community will raise this issue as a concern and reverse DTGs decision to block our content from "Journey planner" and livery designer".

• Like Like x 9
  2. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I agree, preserved collection, although to be included in the new game, is essentially archived when it has so much scope for further add ons and development. It will, under current status, be left somewhat unfinished.
    We all have our favourites, mine being the TOPS to current British mainline routes, and the new CSX/DB/LUL routes and trains are of largely no interest to me. I will have to wait for another British Route/Train before i can consider buying the new version and am disappointed i can't do anything more with what i already have. My only hope is that, although DTG wish to halt working on TSW2020 items, maybe third parties will still be willing/able to continue with this content as well as the new stuff.
    Lastly, DTG could give us the ability to use our preserved collection on a wider variety of the valid routes, ie 33's on ECW and 52's on GWE amongst others to give us a bit more scope with our collections, perhaps as their parting shot with TSW2020, as this was very hit and miss with routes like ECW getting railtours but not others.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. taybarker15

taybarker15 New Member

Well my theory would be that the next standalone route for tsw2 should be British as we haven’t had a single uk route in while

• Like Like x 1
  5. thesuperpuffin

thesuperpuffin Member

They might add a British route into the digital deluxe version, a bit like penn corridor on tsw2020

• Like Like x 1