My Questions Post Tsw Q&a Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dskxalive, Jun 12, 2020.

1. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

After watching last night's Q&A stream (11th June) I have the following questions I would like to forward to DTG:

1) Will DTG apologise to their loyal customers for the shortcomings of TSW? Namely. the lack of an editor, the lack of multiplayer and the lack of steam. All features which were promised at the time of release but have failed to have been implemented into the game 3 years later. TSW was not the "ultimate next generation train simulation experience" it was advertised as and even to this day TS2020 still beats it in most regards.

2) Why was the decision made to stop work on the editor? And can you say with confidence that an editor will be available at some point in TSW2? We know an editor at least for PC was in development at some point as Matt showed it off on stream once.

3) Why are we still waiting 3 years after release for true 3rd party content? (Not in-house products by Rivet Games)

4) It was said we have to wait for another engine upgrade before Steam is implemented. Is it therefore safe to assume we are looking at at least another 3 years to reach that milestone (assuming 1 year until the release of UE5, 1 year to upgrade the TSW2 engine and 1 year to make the loco).

Moving on to specific TSW2 questions:

5) Will shunting be possible with the Scenario Planner, or is it only possible to do Point A to Point B services? Will we be able to do special moves, such as banking or rescuing another locomotive?

6) What lighting improvements have there been? Has the horrible washed out/ foggy look of TSW during sunny days been fixed?

7) How long are the new routes? Will it include to complete Bakerloo line and how far out of Koln does the German route go?

8) Why is there no improvement in sound? Sound has been one of if not the biggest issue since launch in TSW and it still hasn't been touched in the next iteration?

9) Will we have to re-buy content again for TSW2? For example: if I own ECW on TSW, will I have to pay for the 377 again in a TSW2 release?

10) Why should I buy the upcoming Class 20? You have already announced that TSW content will be “preserved” in TSW2 but no updates or attention will be given to them. Why should I buy it if I know any bugs with it at launch will not be fixed?

Tough questions I know, but DTG need to be honest with us here and we deserve answers. Has to be said though, I do like how DTG are now trying to be more open with us and I really do appreciate the honest answers to tough questions in the stream yesterday, so I hope this keeps up in upcoming streams.

Regards

Mark

(Note: I uploaded this last night to the Off Topic section, but now I realise it was probably the wrong section so I’m reposting here).

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Work has not stopped on the editor. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507366000207986709/720859776082247800/unknown.png

3. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

A few more questions that have come to mind in the past for days if I may:

11) What is the specific reasons behind making TSW2 a completely new game rather than just a TSW2020 update? You release core engine upgrades to TS Classic yearly for free, so why are you now charging for a core upgrade to TSW?

12) The Preserved Collection has been implemented into TSW2, so why can't we use the locos on the new and future TSW2 routes?

13) Will TSW2 be on game pass and will TSW2020 remain on Game Pass?

4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

To answer two of the three:
    11) - Money, most likely. This way you must buy the "new" TSW to get the new features, even if you don't care about the new routes. Also you must buy it to get access to any future DLC.
    12) - Because doing that would require more work, that apparently they are not willing to do. I personally doubt it would be so much work, but who knows.

5. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

Thanks Dinosbacsi. Yeah those are the answers I suspect as well, I'd just like a bit more info from DTG. There seems the be a lack of consistency between the two games regarding core updates and I'm curious as to what their reasoning is behind charging for a TSW update. TSW2 just seems more and more of a cash grab to me. A way of getting money from the community with the least amount of work possible. Just hope they clarify things a bit more in future streams.

6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well sadly often that's what I feel as well, but I can't decide if it's simple greediness or they're just really low on money and don't know better. Because otherwise they always seem like a nice and enthusiastic bunch, so I just can't see them not caring about their simulator this much.

7. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I can't link to every individual question but 1) no

2) dat sweet console money, FU** pc players.

Every other question answer with: no, money, no, no lightning changes cause its the best they can do with their skills

And the German high-speed route is 45 miles to Aachen according to the steam page. Also the whole bakerloo line is 14 miles, if it isn't the whole route then they might aswell all sack themselves for gross misconduct

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2020
  8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I think that this is quite an important question - but one that you should not need to ask.

It is difficult for a company to apologise, but if they can find a way to do it that seems real, but doesn't compromise them, then this would be one of the most welcome things that they could do, for very many people.

I don't need an apology myself, because I was unaware that TSW was meant to be TS1+. I first started with TSW, then went to TS1.... so trying TS1 later... for me............ was quite a pleasant surprise..... ;-)