Do Community Requests Eventually Appear?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by longo239, Jun 17, 2020.

1. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Right let me make this clear from the off. This is not me having a dig at DTG or any attempt to create any friction.

Has anything that you have specifically requested eventually appeared in TSW? If so, what was it?

2. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Taken in the spirit intended, and I have no information to hand. More than happy for anyone to contribute anecdotes however.

• Like Like x 1
  3. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

I remember that PZB in Rapid Transit was fixed because the community had made it clear that it hadn't been OK to release a new loco for a broken route.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Well, a while back when TSW first released I was talking to DTG at Warley and mentioned being colour blind I struggled with the signalling (hence me not working for the railway in real life). Some time later the new HUD signalling with the pictograms magically appeared solving my problems.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Well the M3 was added but that was buggy.The ICE & the Bakerloo line was added.In the streams people asked if heavy haul will be for console & now they have it for console TSW2.But I would say that they haven't added the many things that people asked for like in the streams

• Like Like x 1
  6. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Well that is why the stream moderators repeatedly direct people to post in the relevant forum sections for feature requests and point people at the support ticketing for bug reports.

The streams are not about product support or gathering new requirements and quite often the chat is scrolling so fast it can't be read by the streamer who is busy trying to drive a train as well. With the streams going out on 3 platforms and restream bot consolidating the chat into 1 feed it must be a nightmare for the streamers to try to keep up and not drive through red signals or crash.

The stream moderators have a canned set of replies for a number of the common questions so we don't have to keep typing it out every time

• Like Like x 1
  7. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I am not saying they should listen to the people in the chat & I know your one of the mods also in the streams.If a ton of people are asking for that 1 route or train in a stream it should be known that they want that one route for the game

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. longo239

The reason for this post was because we often hear how routes and features have been implemented after requests from the community.

So far, apart from a couple of people, the response hasn't been huge. So, either the post is in the wrong place and no one is seeing it. The people who have had something they requested implemented don't read the forums or we're just being given what the developers want to give us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

They only use the forums to harass the people using it & to complain about it that's the whole reason they use the forums not to have fun but to be a little kid having a tantrum.They even use it to talk about some of the mods in the streams

• Like Like x 1
  10. longo239

This doesn't really have any relevance to the topic does it?

11. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Class 47 has been fixed (community request).
    Oakville Subdivision map has been fixed to reflect areas you can visit (community request).
    DB BR 204 update will be coming shortly, according to Rivet Games, which will include more services (community request).
    Cab sway (an oldie but a goodie, community request).

Overall, there's other things that I personally wanted; smoother framerates for example, and the newer routes definitely run and look better. Better sound effects for the locomotives, the newer routes have improved this in my opinion. I've seen numerous posts in the last year about these specific issues.

Maybe DTG should add everything the community wants?
    What answers specifically were you looking for, and what's the purpose of this?...

• Like Like x 1
  12. longo239

Thank you.

In an ideal world that would be excellent.

Exactly the answers you provided, thank you.

As for the purpose, have you never posted a question in the forums asking for opinions or an answer?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020