PlayStation Realism

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by InvincibleSnowman, Jun 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. InvincibleSnowman

InvincibleSnowman New Member

This is a question for TW2, specifically for the the London Underground. London is a very dense area, so will the train stations be crowded with a lot of people and will there also be crowded trains? Will there be a lot of people getting off and on the trains? This was something that I was wondering because the Long Island RR. So it’s kinda weird seeing how barely anyone gets on the trains or are at the stations (especially NY Penn)

• Like Like x 1
  2. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Even more worrying is whether facemasks will become mandatory in the future.
    Will it be the contemporary masked tube or the old unmasked tube?

Will there be a mega patch for the new TSW2 masking all?
    Enquiring minds need to know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Save on detail perhaps if half their faces are covered with a plain white texture? Probs better not to bring the pandemic into this game. There will be people involved that have been affected worse than others. Id expect.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I doubt we'll see the subway stations jam-packed with a hundred or so people. I also don't want the FPS dropping to 10, but that's my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

They could do what they made on Paddington. Lot of static people on the station, and the usual moving people on the platforms.
    I believe will be impossible to have lot of moving ones, due to it would not look real, as their walking behaviour it is sometimes strange on current lines.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

That's a good suggestions! 100%!

7. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Thank you Johnny!
    Just today I was running on that route, and in one station I stopped, 3 passengers got out of the train, and walked directly to a fence, and continue moving as walking.... but stopped by the fence!
    Of course it won't be easy to program all the walking movements for every station on the right way!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  8. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I too doubt the stations will be busy with passengers. None of the other stations in any of the other urban routes have packed stations, so I don't see the Bakerloo line being any different.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Yep that's right it isn't easy to programm anything "correctly". There's nearly always a bug hiding in the code. But nethertheless I think DTG is doing the passanger movements wrong. I have got a bit of experience in coding and the method DTG uses is in my opinion wasting memory. For each station they've got a few fixed paths for each plattform. Mhhhhhhh and when counting it for all the stations on the map it's probably not the best method, also if one passengers not working then this looks pathetic because other passengers are literally stuck behind him in one line. So many disadvantages of the system currently beeing used. In Python you could just say every person needs to go towards ... and avoid object ... and keep distance ... and doing that with a random module. So relatively simple. I know TSW is made in C++ which is gaming industry standard. To be honest i have not got any experience in C++ but I know it's very common connecting those programming languages. Sometimes just writing a few lines of code in Python and connecting it with C++ is way more effective. So this would probably lower the memory space a lot. And that could be used elsewhere. Like having more passangers. The keyword is *Clean Code* instead of having Heavy Code which i suspect DTG has a lot of. Also just thinking you can also make the walking speed of every person different that could be interesting too.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1