East Coast Main Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Eagle_Eyes_1996, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Eagle_Eyes_1996

Eagle_Eyes_1996 New Member

This would be a good route from London to Edinburgh, with lots of branches off to places like Skegness. It would good as 1 map with different DLC parts to build it all up. Spanning south to north England and into Scotland.

Whats peoples opinions on this? Do you think it would be a good one for Dovetail to add?

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

I may be wrong Eagle Eyes, but it looks like the policy going forward is for shorter routes. so I would not hold your breath.

3. 37114

37114 Active Member

I welcome every line in the UK and indeed world to be done at some point but this would be very low on my list. It's an incredibly boring route scenery wise and only starts to get interesting north of Newcastle in that respect. The WCML is far more interesting scenically and in terms of traffic variety. Also at just shy of 400 miles in length there is now way you're going to get it all in one DLC. It's just far too much work to make it economically viable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eagle_Eyes_1996

Eagle_Eyes_1996 New Member

I wasn't saying to have it in one dlc but over multiple that all combine together. For example have the main route in two parts then have branch lines in separate parts that if you have them all then you can drive the full run in one lot.

5. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

The full East Coast Mainline would be too long as one route since that's around 400 miles long. I wish it were possible, but it's probably not going to happen that way.

Since Dovetail Games made the Newcastle to York and London to Peterborough sections of the East Coast Mainline for Train Simulator 2017, I believe Dovetail Games should make the northern-most section of the East Coast Mainline for Train Sim World from Newcastle to Edinburgh. That's a beautiful section and it's both in England and Scotland and it also has Scotland's capital city.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I would also prefer going to, or at least starting with, the line north of Newcastle. I always found the section of line between York and Newcastle to be dreadfully boring.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Just Trains have already made that route a few years ago, so no need to wait for DTG :) (although I agree it would be awesome if this would become a TSW route!)

8. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

It doesn't matter if JustTrains made Newcastle to Edinburgh for Train Simulator 2017, that doesn't mean Dovetail Games can't make their own version of it for Train Sim World.

Another possibility for a section of the East Coast Mainline would be the London to Grantham section with the Hertford Loop. I feel that Dovetail Games made their section of the East Coast Mainline featuring London for Train Simulator 2018 too short by having it end in Peterborough instead of Grantham. I also didn't like how the Hertford Loop didn't have any scenery. I feel that London to Grantham with the Hertford Loop would be a good section of the East Coast Mainline as well. One important fact about the London to Grantham section is that between Peterborough and Grantham is where the Mallard broke the speed record for fastest steam locomotive in the world.

9. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see the ECML at some point for TSW. I would prefer it to be anywhere from York Northwards as thats when the scenery gets more interesting personally :)